Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Turbotrix Evo => 9.95 @ 143mph

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realize you guys (Turbo Trix) have gotten a lot of questions about mods and info on the car, if you post your car and info on the time slip link that may help answer a lot of questions.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone know where the videos are hosted these days? VWforum took them down.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 02:38 PM

Turbo trix is gone. Where'd they go? anyone else curious to hear what they're running to get those numbers?
Old Aug 8, 2004, 02:57 PM

Here you go,The foundation for reliable power production starts with the cylinder block. In the case of the 4G63, its cast-iron, closed-deck design provides for a solid base to build upon. Turbotrix treated the original 4G63 block to a work over by Jack Gilbert of Thule Machine. Cylinders were precision honed to accept the 9.0-to-1 compression ratio Ross forged-aluminum pistons. The pistons were hung on Crower forged-steel connection rods that mate to the stock crankshaft. Both the pistons and rods use superior materials to survive the rigors of the high-horsepower output from the modified engine. On the top-end of the engine, attention turned to improving the efficiency of the cylinder head and valvetrain. Turbotrix would work over the head with its Stage-5 preparation. This process would involve porting and polishing along with complementing Inconel exhaust valves, stainless-steel intake valves, titanium valve retainers and stiffer valve springs. These parts are not only stronger and tougher than the OE pieces, but the lighter weight of some of these components actually improves high-rpm performance. Since even the best-flowing cylinder head in the world is of no use without a good set of camshafts, Turbotrix opted for a pair of HKS 272 camshafts. These bumpsticks were installed with a pair of Fidanza adjustable cam gears. Using adjustable timing gears on a double-over-head-cam (DOHC) engine allows the tuner to advance of retard the valve events to either improve low-end or top-end performance.And now you have it

Originally Posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
Turbo trix is gone. Where'd they go? anyone else curious to hear what they're running to get those numbers?
Old Aug 8, 2004, 05:02 PM

Hey Thanks redblls420 ! That's some good juicy detail. Do you know who supplies the inconel exhaust valves? Does Ferrea make these?
Old Aug 8, 2004, 10:35 PM

Im not sure on that one?
Originally Posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
Hey Thanks redblls420 ! That's some good juicy detail. Do you know who supplies the inconel exhaust valves? Does Ferrea make these?
Old Aug 11, 2004, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats

Sounds like this is the best news since the cars cam out. There are lots of magazine articles on this car, sounds like another is on the way. People, usually males, are starting to understand this awesome car. When will the ladies catch on?

I just wasked my Evo RS and felt that it had the potential to be in the 12 second range competing with Corvettes. And with my driving skills I could go up against those mid life crisis 40 year old guys.

9 seconds, damn, proud of those single digits! I know that the subaru tuners had to use an automatic transmission to get into the nines cause of how weak the subaru drive train is, kept breaking in half!
Also want to know if you have an open or helical limited front differential which was modified.

The class you are in is rare. There are almost no cars running full interior and hitting single digits unless they have 1000hp 6 cylinders and drag slicks. I would say that it had more to do with your driving skills than horse power overkill.

Most cars in the 9s or lower are striped 1600 lb frames with super huge drag slicks and modified frames. They are ony for one purpose. They go in a staright line on a drag strip. Granted critics will be ever present in their never satified quest to see only the fastes timeslips. Give credit to Mitsibishi and all the tuners out there who spent thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours, and used a stock framed and full interior car to pull of single digit passes.

Like how you guys dont keep everything a big secret. Keep up the good work. DOnt strip out the interior. Just add that full carbon fiber shell like hks.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

*drool*
Old Aug 11, 2004, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How a bout a 9 second daily driver Honda civic? Be at Moroso Motorsporst park and you will see........Full Interior no AWD...
Old Aug 11, 2004, 09:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Hunt or Ballard? Or both?

Sean
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:00 PM

Whats up sean,Are you going to the shootout this weekend?,Ron
Originally Posted by Sean I
Hunt or Ballard? Or both?

Sean
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Ron,
Looks like it. From what I saw today so will you :-)

Sean

Last edited by Sean I; Aug 11, 2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sean I
Ron,
Looks like it. From what I saw today so will you :-)

Sean