Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

And you thought you had skills! Check this out:

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by mitsuatb
The tires are about 4" wide, if that. That is how it skids so easily and doesn't flip no traction.

Drifting is a cancer in motor sports, it is like olympic wrestling compared to the WWF.
Drifting is all show, no substance, just like WWF.
I am sure it will gain fans across the world, since most people are fools anyway.

The guy was good at controlling the car but what’s the point?

DUDE!!!! ARe you SErious??!!?!?!?

I'm not even going to argue with you cause there seems to be too many people that agree with you. CANCER? NO SuBSTANCE,WWF, I could only assume you guys think NASCAR is where the talented go.

Some one else said, Pointless. I thought I was in the right place, but if there are allot of people that think like you on this site than maybe I'm in the wrong place.

Last edited by sophic; Dec 5, 2004 at 07:48 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AUSS1E
LOL....There is a friggin war going on there. I Think there are more hazards to public safety than this clown.
I heare That .
Old Dec 5, 2004, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

The tires are about 4" wide, if that. That is how it skids so easily and doesn't flip no traction.

Drifting is a cancer in motor sports, it is like olympic wrestling compared to the WWF.

I am sure it will gain fans across the world, since most people are fools anyway.

The guy was good at controling the car but whats the point?
http://mitsubishicars.com/evo/popup...ovie1_wm300.wmv
Wait is this a rally, was that a drift. HMM. yea no substance, just like WWF, he's probably just showing off cause that was pretty pointless. Right MITSUATB?

Tommy Makinen, he's good at controlling the car! but whats the point, right MITSUATB. ONLY THE FOOLS ACROSS THE WORLD WOULD BE FANS OF THAT.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is real. I have seen the same thing when I used to live in Saudi right front of my High school the only difference it was done with a ROLS instead . These people don’t go racing they spend all there young years burning out rubber and learning how to do it. I was never fan of it but it was fun to watch. Of course many cars crashed but over all they are pretty good. I am sure this is not in Iraq its some where in the Gulf.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 07:54 AM

that was ****in crazy, thats all i gotta say, im never talking **** about hyundais or daewoos again
Old Dec 5, 2004, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

BTW before I moved to the US I sold my car in KSA and I rented a Maxima. When my best friend saw it who lives in Germany now and asked me if he can drive it and drift with it as it’s a rent car. Now I know the history of this guy and drifting with his father Corvette so I said NO in the beginning, somehow later on they made me change my mind and I gave him the keys. ALL I can say holy ****. The car was dancing for 30 min of burning rubber and tires and he was just a pro. It's a skill if you master it you become amazing in controlling the car but expect some very strong crashes and possibly death.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

ok that video was in Saudi arabia. The brother king Fahed picture is on the video.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 01:34 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
did someone say drifting is like a special olympics of the motorsports? lol oh yeh, it's me who just said that.

I like drifting, it's fancy.

That must started as a hate for own car. I don't blame the guy, if I was driving a Hyundai, I'll do the same thing.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sophic
http://mitsubishicars.com/evo/popup...ovie1_wm300.wmv
Wait is this a rally, was that a drift. HMM. yea no substance, just like WWF, he's probably just showing off cause that was pretty pointless. Right MITSUATB?

Tommy Makinen, he's good at controlling the car! but whats the point, right MITSUATB. ONLY THE FOOLS ACROSS THE WORLD WOULD BE FANS OF THAT.
Do NOT put rallying anywhere near drifting. Rallying is a sport that requires many skills, only 1 of which is car control. Also it is about getting between 2 points as fast as possible. Sometimes this requires varying amounts of sideways movement but that is usually under power out of a corner and it is the fastest way on loose surfaces.

Drifting (especially as shown in the original video) is about getting ridiculous amounts of sidewaysness not just under power out of corners but also into and through corners. It is definately not the fastest way anywhere and while it is good to learn car control, that is only one skill required by a real race driver on any surface.

EDIT: Also good driving, the sort Tommi Makinen is famous for, is about taking a car to it's limits and holding it there. That is car control. Driving like in that video and a lot of the drifting I see is overdriving, pushing a car past it's limits. Not what I would consider good driving. I respect the good drifters for their ability to hold and catch some of the slides that they do but I don't know if I envy them, I would rather be fast then spectacular.

Aston

Last edited by astondg; Dec 10, 2004 at 04:16 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Thats CRAZY....
Old Dec 16, 2004, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

drifting is style, but its not true racing... but its still fun!
Old Dec 16, 2004, 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

Its just like how Motocross has Freestyle as a side sport their both fun, but both are taken just as serious. just my .02
Old Dec 16, 2004, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

You mean American drifting shows?

The guy was good at controling the car but whats the point?
Old Dec 16, 2004, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

paul walker did the same thing in 2fast 2furious with the green evo
anyway, the driver is crazy but has awesome skills.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:16 PM

hey anyone know the song in hte background?

Quick Reply: And you thought you had skills! Check this out: