Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

Navigating twisties in Auto Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2005, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigating twisties in Auto Lancer

I have a 2002 Lancer ES. It is stock so far but has PDXRalliart's suspension bars coming soon since he just finished making my and is now shipping it. Once i get that I will get th erear sway bar with perches off of an OZ or RRM. What i wanted to ask were some techniques people use in cars similar to my to corner better and exiting turns faster. I use left foot braking and usually keep the car in 3rd through the turns, noted that this is a road with lots of twists and turns, as well as a couple of jumps. My tires screech through these turns right now and understeer plays a big factor. And since it is an underpowered car is there a way to keep a constant higher speed since it takes a while to accelerate? Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
You'll need to get the sway bar as well, I don't think PDX makes a sway bar.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Renyulb28
I have a 2002 Lancer ES. It is stock so far but has PDXRalliart's suspension bars coming soon since he just finished making my and is now shipping it. Once i get that I will get th erear sway bar with perches off of an OZ or RRM. What i wanted to ask were some techniques people use in cars similar to my to corner better and exiting turns faster. I use left foot braking and usually keep the car in 3rd through the turns, noted that this is a road with lots of twists and turns, as well as a couple of jumps. My tires screech through these turns right now and understeer plays a big factor. And since it is an underpowered car is there a way to keep a constant higher speed since it takes a while to accelerate? Thanks for the help.
Yeah i know i have to get the sway bar cuz the ES is missing that important part I'll probably get it off of RRM since i've been hearing so many OZ owners snapping their stock perches.

*Edit: I wish PDX did make a sway bar though.