Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

rallycross techniques

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the advice sadly it was last sunday so i'll just have to take your advice to heart for next season, i have to say its pretty much the most fun i've ever had but i didn't do terribly well, hopefully with more reading and seat time i can kick some scooby butt next time!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nubby
I've done 3 RallyCrosses in my 2003 Evo now, one of which was the National Challenge in Hastings NE, and it's a lot of fun. I think it's much more fun than lapping a circuit, it's just too bad that in roughly 60 seconds the run is over. Unfortunately I don't have Rally America stage rally kind of money.

Someone mentioned left-foot braking or throttle lift to get the car to rotate, and this works really well and is really the only way to steer the car in some circumstances. The other thing to mention is if the rear end starts coming around on you, stand on the throttle and it will hook up and keep you from spinning. So really, weight transfer is the name of the game.

I wouldn't worry about hurting anything using your E-Brake, but I don't use mine. I don't have the ACD is the reason I don't use mine, but our E-Brake seems pretty anemic to me. I guess you'll just have to experiment and see if handbrake turns work for you.

Here's a couple links for your perusal:

http://www.rallysport.on.ca/articles/Driving.html

http://www.rallyracingnews.com/lfb.html

Oh, here's a little taste of what you're in for:

Man, that is just the coolest picture of an EVO in the dirt!