Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

drifting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2002, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only japanamation i like to watch are hentai

ohhhh got an idea, a hentai flick in the car while racing flick; can you imagine the possibilities?

p.s. edited: page 2 = OT time
Old Jun 12, 2002, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EvoSouL

ohhhh got an idea, a hentai flick in the car while racing flick; can you imagine the possibilities?

Is that what you mean by.....Drives: b's momz in da the backseat- kara likes to enjoy ridin' shotgun =p course, I don't mind =D
Old Jul 6, 2002, 04:05 AM

Originally posted by EmperorEvo
But drifting in a FF is pretty limited. You best bet is to pull on the hand brake, i know, it's really not a drift, but it gets the job done all the same.
Not quite, using the Scandanavian Flick will work wonders too.(before a corner, feign to the oppisite direction of the turn, then crank the wheel in the correct direction. Suspension compressed then forced to decompress, making the rear end come out more then usual.)
A SF with the handbrake works well too, that way it is just about guaranteed to slide. Also, there is left foot braking.(using the brake and accelerator at the same time to change the weight distribution)
I have used all three techniques in the rain once, it was perfect.
Can't wait until next winter.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

ehhh...ur wrong.

Emperorevo...said with the e-nrake/handbrake being used on a FWD car to drift, is NOT really a drift. You learn something new everyday, because it is...It's called "Forced Drift".

--- Kei
Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by RalliArtGuy555

Not quite, using the Scandanavian Flick will work wonders too.(before a corner, feign to the oppisite direction of the turn, then crank the wheel in the correct direction. Suspension compressed then forced to decompress, making the rear end come out more then usual.)
A SF with the handbrake works well too, that way it is just about guaranteed to slide. Also, there is left foot braking.(using the brake and accelerator at the same time to change the weight distribution)
I have used all three techniques in the rain once, it was perfect.
Can't wait until next winter.
[QUOTE]FR cars are the best Drifting car there is. Here are some of them AE86 Hachi-roku Truno, S13,S14,S15, RX-7 (FD,FC) [/Q]

Two question, first is safety. I know that attempting anything such as drifting should be under proper supervision. I don't know if any of you guys ever watch "World's Dangerous Police Chase" it's on FOX a lot. One segment showed a cop testing out a car(I believe it was a BMW z3) he did something similar if not exactly the same as the "Scandanavian Flick" and it seemed like he was about to complete a full 360 drift when the car flipped over. Is that possible? and Second question, That person who said the Hachi-Roku was Front Wheel Drive are you sure!? cause isn't it harder to drift with an FR car than it is for any other car. AWD & Rear Wheel Drive is each for handling and it's a matter of traction.
Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

FR = Front engine, Rear wheel drive

FF = Front engine, Front wheel drive

MR = Mid engine (usually right behind the driver, but before the rear axel), Rear wheel drive. That should clarify that confusion for you.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Claudius
Also check out the oversteer understeer thread here: http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...&threadid=5141
Mr. Moderator ... sir... I read that before I posted my question, I realize now the FF,FR,MR abreviations but what about my question about the car flipping over? Utilizing the "scandanavian flick" technique is it possible to cause a fatal accident, would the car actually spin 180degrees and flip over? I understand accidents happen just like people who slip on soap and die but how often or not often does this kind of occurance happen?
Old Aug 13, 2002, 01:15 AM

OH and kudos on the response time of my question!
you guys rock!
Old Aug 13, 2002, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Any car will flip over if you get it's momentum going in a direction it shouldn't at any given time. Take the Lancer. It sits high and has obnoxiously soft suspension. You get the car leaning into a turn that exceeds the grip capacity of the tires (and at a speed which the suspension is not capable of completing it's stroke to keep your wheels on the ground) you'll get a few results: a) lose traction and slide on all fours into whatever is around ya until you stop b) flip the car on it's side and drag on the side of the car that was opposite the apex of the turn, or c) flip flip flip crunch.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 10:09 AM

thanx Claudious & pjal you guys really broke it down for me. Thanks a lot. I don't have any plans on messing with the cars yet. But from what I read on www.driftworks.com I hear it's a good idea to change the rear tires into something cheap, for drifting. But I also understand there's a possiblity the tires will swerve way off course. anyway thanks again and kudos once more you guys are the best!
Old Aug 13, 2002, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

the SL500 never flipped (under normal circumstances of course, no ramps or whatever)

whenever a new one comes out (a new model) mercedes always has this contest where they find pro drivers and see which one of them can flip the car, so far no one can do it
Old Sep 13, 2002, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

where do u guys get this INITIAL D thigny ? i've onli managed to find a crappy game d/led fr the net called " initial D "....it does hav skylines n all e jap cars..
but i wanna watch the animation.where do they offer d/ls or do u hav to buy those animations?
Old Sep 22, 2002, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by espido1001
where do u guys get this INITIAL D thigny ? i've onli managed to find a crappy game d/led fr the net called " initial D "....it does hav skylines n all e jap cars..
but i wanna watch the animation.where do they offer d/ls or do u hav to buy those animations?
it's anime. i bought all the DVDs from ebay...it's a really good show IMO. just look around, and you'll find it.

Quick Reply: drifting