Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

drifting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2005, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EmperorEvo
heh if you want to know anything about drifting, watch the anime Initial D. it's not just an anime, it's an anime about racing. in Initial D second Stage, there's even a race group made exclusively on Lan Evos. It's pretty old though, so expect to just see an Evo 3 and a 4.

But drifting in a FF is pretty limited. You best bet is to pull on the hand brake, i know, it's really not a drift, but it gets the job done all the same.

defined, it's more than a controlled fishtail. anyway, a drift is a conering manuver done at high speeds where all your tires lose traction, and you continue to slide around a curve. it's hard to imagine, i know, so i drew a crappy picture!

notice the car slides in the beggining? that's heavy oversteer brought on by a good amount of brake and turning the wheel. once sliding, you must counter-steer to keep control and not slide out. once you are done, straighten the car, full gas and power out, regaining some traction. methods for differernt drivetrains are very different, and it's easiest to make a FR car drift.
Lol love your drawing
Old Mar 27, 2005, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

i drifted a letter 8 in the snow...just gotta try it in dry pavement.need more praticein!
Old Apr 21, 2005, 08:39 PM

Mr lurker says:
tap on the breaks to get more of the weight on the front wheels so the back wheels can start slipping.