Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

drifting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2002, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drifting

i've never seen drifinting in life. it's really fish tailing with control isn't it?

someone know how to drift?
Old Jun 10, 2002, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.driftworks.org/
tons of video and how-to

I can drift..am I good? not really
Old Jun 10, 2002, 07:52 AM

heh if you want to know anything about drifting, watch the anime Initial D. it's not just an anime, it's an anime about racing. in Initial D second Stage, there's even a race group made exclusively on Lan Evos. It's pretty old though, so expect to just see an Evo 3 and a 4.

But drifting in a FF is pretty limited. You best bet is to pull on the hand brake, i know, it's really not a drift, but it gets the job done all the same.

defined, it's more than a controlled fishtail. anyway, a drift is a conering manuver done at high speeds where all your tires lose traction, and you continue to slide around a curve. it's hard to imagine, i know, so i drew a crappy picture!

notice the car slides in the beggining? that's heavy oversteer brought on by a good amount of brake and turning the wheel. once sliding, you must counter-steer to keep control and not slide out. once you are done, straighten the car, full gas and power out, regaining some traction. methods for differernt drivetrains are very different, and it's easiest to make a FR car drift.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 10, 2002, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Initial D Ownz You all ^ ^
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FR cars are the best Drifting car there is. Here are some of them AE86 Hachi-roku Truno, S13,S14,S15, RX-7 (FD,FC)
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by EmperorEvo
heh if you want to know anything about drifting, watch the anime Initial D. it's not just an anime, it's an anime about racing. in Initial D second Stage, there's even a race group made exclusively on Lan Evos. It's pretty old though, so expect to just see an Evo 3 and a 4.

But drifting in a FF is pretty limited. You best bet is to pull on the hand brake, i know, it's really not a drift, but it gets the job done all the same.

defined, it's more than a controlled fishtail. anyway, a drift is a conering manuver done at high speeds where all your tires lose traction, and you continue to slide around a curve. it's hard to imagine, i know, so i drew a crappy picture!

notice the car slides in the beggining? that's heavy oversteer brought on by a good amount of brake and turning the wheel. once sliding, you must counter-steer to keep control and not slide out. once you are done, straighten the car, full gas and power out, regaining some traction. methods for differernt drivetrains are very different, and it's easiest to make a FR car drift.

a friend of mine told me to watch it. i'm not too happy with the character design though, it makes me sad

|: [
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Initial D art work sucks, it's pretty bad except for the racing parts. Wish everyone would quit thinking it's so great.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

the CG on the cars are nice but the Art work needs help. i hope 4th Stage will be better
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

I thought it was great until my gf showed me other much better anime to watch.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

The art may suck, the CG is horrible in 1st stage but its a good story and its still fun to watch.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 12:43 PM

The CG is good in Battle Stage, its really good, I like the art work in second and third stage though its a lot better. If they make a Fourth Stage it will be cg like battle stage or better prolly.

I really want to see the Live Action Initial D movie coming out =)
Old Jun 10, 2002, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

I do too, well @ least its going to be better then the fast and the furious man that was horrible.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

man that movie is funny. and all the sounds are not right. having turbo sounds on nonturbo cars!? what the hell plus the civics No i mean No intercooler and have a BOV sound to it. It sound like the want tobe BOV that you buy it for $30. bottom line the moive is funny
Old Jun 11, 2002, 07:41 AM

so many of us agree that ff was crap, good acting attempts though
Old Jun 12, 2002, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

pfshhhhhhhhh.... attempts....

Quick Reply: drifting