Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Dynoflash in MN - anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If at all possible, I would like to try and get an afternoon tune time. I have about a four or five hour drive to get there. I dont know if that works for everyone else or not.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mndeerslayer
OK, with all the Evo's I see around here we've got to be able to get at least 5 together for a custom tuning event. Al, I have a shop that would be very interested in hosting this event. It's called RS Motors. They have a Mustang 4 wheel dyno set up as well. Now that spring is here let's treat Al to some MN NICE and he'll give us some EVO HP! Anyone interested please reply with a weekend in mind.

Custom Tune Sign-up list

1. mndeerslayer - deposit pd
2. LancerEVOVIIISD - deposit pd
3. rgonyer - deposit pd
4. markeddy - deposit pd
5. Michael Adair - deposit pd
6. HuskerEVO - deposit pd
7. Skinner - deposit pd

Base Flash

1. hawjdude
2. Taiman
3. Buggy
4. Kayyoevo8
Sweet!!! Here's the updated list. Please let me know if corrections are needed. Al, with 7 cars plus 4 base flashes, do you need some Friday night or Sunday tuning time as well? I know you like to work late, but it'd be nice to have a couple and relax a little too. Happy tuner make EVO go fast, I say.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

So how is this going to work for the base flash guys, if AL doesn't have time for us its okay, it'll be fun to meet all you guys/gals anyways. I still wouldn't mind getting the base flash though. See you guys on the 18th than.
Old May 17, 2005, 04:54 PM

The 18th works for me... or any day really.. what shop in burnsville? how convenient for me..... i just so happen to live in burnsville...

as far as the base flashes go. i would like to know how you would work that in. i can hang out for a while but not all day..

thanks

bug

Originally Posted by Michael Adair
It's probably a little early to nail time slots down? Maybe not... 6 cars at 2 hrs a piece give or take. Better start at 8:00am at the very least. Worst case done at 8:00pm. I would suggest once the order is determined people should arrive 2hrs before their slot so Al doesn't get held up. Anybody who has been htrough one of these please feel free to add suggestions-

Al, maybe you should give us a list of requirements to help you do you your job?

Also, is it going to be at the shop in Burnsville?

Michael
Old May 17, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mndeerslayer
Sweet!!! Here's the updated list. Please let me know if corrections are needed. Al, with 7 cars plus 4 base flashes, do you need some Friday night or Sunday tuning time as well? I know you like to work late, but it'd be nice to have a couple and relax a little too. Happy tuner make EVO go fast, I say.
I need off the list - I was just reminded that I have a wedding to go to on June 18th.... I'll have to hit the next one.
Old May 17, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

I am not sure how the base flashes are going to work. Obviously the custom flashes will get a priority. But from what I gather on Al's website the base flashes are just an ECU flash upgrade which he could do by just plugging into the OBDII port on the car and just upload his base flash map based on the year/make/model of the car.
Old May 18, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by markeddy
I am not sure how the base flashes are going to work. Obviously the custom flashes will get a priority. But from what I gather on Al's website the base flashes are just an ECU flash upgrade which he could do by just plugging into the OBDII port on the car and just upload his base flash map based on the year/make/model of the car.

Yeah, from what i have read i thought it wouldn't take that long for AL to do a base flash. I was just wandering. I be waiting as long as possible for him to the base flashes and also meet all the other EVO owners in MN. Well can't wait guys.
Old May 18, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Well I spoke to Ron at RSMotors and apparently there is a small Subaru gathering that is going to be taking up a good majority of the Dyno time on the 18th.

From what I have read though, Al does or prefers to do real world tuning with road simulation to simulate real world driving.

Ron indicated that there would be a possibility of doing some dyno runs to see a before/after result if anyone wants it though.
Old May 19, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Yes. I want it. Were the Subie guys booked in ahead of us? I would guess so. If you can't quantify what the hell we are doing I will be dissapointed-
Old May 19, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

I have every confidence in Al will be able to tune and have no problems doing do and I will have quite a bit more agressive setup than alot of other people.

Dyno or NO Dyno I already have a baseline run of my HP/Torque that I did ahead of time so I know how much power I will have gained after.

The Subaru club already had that day booked which is what MNDeerSlayer was talking about I believe in an earlier post. That's why I had Ron pencil in the 11th just in case Al wanted to do a Dyno tune instead of a road tune.

Michael, I will be having my ECU flashed for the following -

Buschur Stage 1
Buschur Stage 2
HKS 264 int/exh. cams
Upgraded fuel pump

I feel VERY confident enough that Al will be able to road tune it better than having it on a Dyno, and then I will have it dyno'd after everything is done either that day if I can squeeze in to measure the results from stock or another day.

I would highly suggest everyone schedule a time with Ron at RSMotors a do a couple of baseline runs for HP/Torque to see where you are at now before Al comes to Minnesota.
Old May 19, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

MarkEddy,

Good points. I was a little aggressive in my last post sorry...I will definitely get a baseline prior to Al's arrival. I am hoping to get some upgrades in place prior to the 18th.

Michael-
Old May 19, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Well I spoke to Ron at RSMotors and apparently there is a small Subaru gathering that is going to be taking up a good majority of the Dyno time on the 18th.

From what I have read though, Al does or prefers to do real world tuning with road simulation to simulate real world driving.

Ron indicated that there would be a possibility of doing some dyno runs to see a before/after result if anyone wants it though.

Wow what a coincidence, The Scooby and EVo meet on the same day. This will be a cool meet.
Old May 19, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Just me, but I'm most interested in the after. I'll probably strap er down for a couple pulls after Al's done his magic. It'll be interesting to see how the Subies are putting down, something to do while Al is out tuning anyways.
Old May 21, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Gents,

It looks like I will now be gone for the 18th. I actually forgot the dates of the USGP at Indy. However, I will be sending my Evo with another person! He is a VW guy so keep your eyes on him at all times. I do not want to screw up the dates so this should work for me. I would appreciate any help you could give my replacement if he needs it while you guys are there tuning. Wish I could have met most of you but I am sure I will in the future.

Al, does cause any issues with you?

Michael
Old May 21, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Just make sure he's got about $300-400 for the custom tune costs.