Case study # 31 - ATP Turbo Kit 3071 - Member Az3ar

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrench
Yeah, it's closed

This thread is way more fun anyway.

If you don't take us too seriously, we won't either.

Back to my cave now...........

Techtom Rules

So Als custom flash made around the same power as a Shiv custom tuned XEDE...whats wrong with that
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
god tell me that was on pump gas. otherwise, get a new freakin turbo.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The point was not to make more power or bash any tuner but rather to improve driveability and eliminate his cel code issues. To that extent the problem is fixed.

I was not expecting to make any more power than a great tuner like shiv - that is not realistic - obviously the set up was already almost at max whp. My goal was to smooth it out and fine tune it.
Very well said Al.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daveyd
So Als custom flash made around the same power as a Shiv custom tuned XEDE...whats wrong with that
nothin, except he cannot alter his tune without driving somewhere to change something.

hmm, wonder why his car was throwing cels. what code was it throwing?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Daveyd
Yeah that!

Techtom Rules
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Al, you mentioned that he had "cel's and stalling problems," What was the CEL codes...p0300?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
nothin, except he cannot alter his tune without driving somewhere to change something.
Something a free mail in flash wouldn't take care of?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

They closed this thread over @ Vishnu
Funny, i think AL is handling this very well......too bad some people can't take it like men .....

U live and learn........i guess
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Al:

Well we have had our differences. BUt i must say good work!

Now for us to meet and have our own little battle....LOL....

Anyway good job agian very impressive!!

Chris
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

all the facts dont match up and/or not everything is being said. As always, when comparing 2 different tuners/tune, it is always nice to have everything laid out on the table as to the before and after.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Here is member Az3ar who came here today to convert to a Dyno Flash

His mods are ATP turbo kit 3071

3" exhuast - test pipe

Exhaust header

Stock intake

Fuel pump and 660 injectors

Stock cams

"Other" engine tuning system - (no flames)

This guy was having driveability issues with cel's and stalling problems and apparnetly the car was knocking bad up top - see attched base line dyno sheet

Hey Al, could you post up dyno run #1 and #3, if possible?

TIA,
shiv
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

I got to pee (just got home) I will be back for all you m***
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

i ended up with 309 hsp and 295tq after the custom flash. i had it dynod the same day. i let harmen motive retune it and got 331 hsp and 299 tq.

that why im not a fan of street tunning not to bash Al but he didnt like my turbo set up which is the same less the injectors and manifold.

i do agree tho you cant just bolt this kit on and think it going to make power but still for the $$ i would stick with the stock or a TME turbo and run cams your better off.

just my 2 cents
Old Apr 12, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Okay,

First off let’s not start having a tempter tantrum. Al did a great job! I was not there to make more power, I was there at Pruven to make my car work right. I was there to solve my codes issue (every 2 seconds) PO172 and PO300. For the guys who don’t know PO172 it means rich in bank one. I drove my car for 300 miles just right now and I had not even one engine check light (not even one). I know that the turbo is not putting the amazing power that we all look for but we have to remember that I have no cams and no mods. This turbo is not the best out there but it does the job well and it spools just like stock. It hold boost to redline 7800 RPM 24 PSI.

Now let’s start from point ZERO. My car ran on Vishnu tune for 1 year with out any problems. I moved to VA and I wanted Shiv to make sure that my car was running ok at Dyno4mance day. I knew it would not make much power but I did not want to take the turbo off. My car ran poorly after the dyno day 2 weeks ago. I got PO172, PO300 and PO303 every second of the day. My car would not start, my car would not idle right, my car would stall at 80 MPH on the highway!!! I needed a fix; I needed my car to run just right nothing more nothing less. Dynoflash (AL) did a great job today. He was nice and polite and he took care of me as much as he could. Pruven (DAN, SEAN and KEN) were all extremely nice and polite and they made me feel welcome and that's all I wanted.

Al made sure after more than 13 dyno runs and road test that my car was 100% OK and no engine check light.

Shiv,

You are a nice guy and I know you. We sat at the same dinner table. I am not here to bash your product or you. You are a good tuner and you have experience. However, you did not pay attention to me as a customer, as supporter to you and your company. I am sure you can tune it perfect but you did not want to and you felt and believed that the turbo sucks (it's not the best again) but all I wanted is my car to run fine Shiv. I drove 2000 miles for you from GA to NJ and took 1 week off work including gas and toll charges and I did not find the help. I felt bad and I was seriously hurt and I did not know what to do. You left a good customer who really liked your company with no help and no support (what did you expect the results to be?).

AL is a great tuner period. My car runs perfect now with 0 hiccups and no stalling at the toll booths on NJ turn pike . I will have to give great credit to Dynoflash for the great work and the great service.

Thanks and good luck
Old Apr 12, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
Okay,

First off let’s not start having a tempter tantrum. Al did a great job! I was not there to make more power, I was there at Pruven to make my car work right. I was there to solve my codes issue (every 2 seconds) PO172 and PO300. For the guys who don’t know PO172 it means rich in bank one. I drove my car for 300 miles just right now and I had not even one engine check light (not even one). I know that the turbo is not putting the amazing power that we all look for but we have to remember that I have no cams and no mods. This turbo is not the best out there but it does the job well and it spools just like stock. It hold boost to redline 7800 RPM 24 PSI.

Now let’s start from point ZERO. My car ran on Vishnu tune for 1 year with out any problems. I moved to VA and I wanted Shiv to make sure that my car was running ok at Dyno4mance day. I knew it would not make much power but I did not want to take the turbo off. My car ran poorly after the dyno day 2 weeks ago. I got PO172, PO300 and PO303 every second of the day. My car would not start, my car would not idle right, my car would stall at 80 MPH on the highway!!! I needed a fix; I needed my car to run just right nothing more nothing less. Dynoflash (AL) did a great job today. He was nice and polite and he took care of me as much as he could. Pruven (DAN, SEAN and KEN) were all extremely nice and polite and they made me feel welcome and that's all I wanted.

Al made sure after more than 13 dyno runs and road test that my car was 100% OK and no engine check light.

Shiv,

You are a nice guy and I know you. We sat at the same dinner table. I am not here to bash your product or you. You are a good tuner and you have experience. However, you did not pay attention to me as a customer, as supporter to you and your company. I am sure you can tune it perfect but you did not want to and you felt and believed that the turbo sucks (it's not the best again) but all I wanted is my car to run fine Shiv. I drove 2000 miles for you from GA to NJ and took 1 week off work including gas and toll charges and I did not find the help. I felt bad and I was seriously hurt and I did not know what to do. You left a good customer who really liked your company with no help and no support (what did you expect the results to be?).

AL is a great tuner period. My car runs perfect now with 0 hiccups and no stalling at the toll booths on NJ turn pike . I will have to give great credit to Dynoflash for the great work and the great service.

Thanks and good luck
I think that is about as good as you could say it. Not looking to start a flaming war just wanted your car to run properly. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Case study # 31 - ATP Turbo Kit 3071 - Member Az3ar