Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Pittsburgh, PA Dynoflash

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there Al. Could you please give us alittle info as to how this is going to work? It might make it easier for us to find a location. Im not sure if you want to do this in some random parking lot, or at a private location. Also if you perfer to have a garage available just incase bad weather is around. Im not so worried about which roads to do this on myself, as there are plenty of good spots around Pittsburgh. If you could let us kno it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

im about 50/50 in for the tune, i live in Ambridge. I need more details, i soon will have buschur TB exhaust, i already have BR intake...now someone needs to let me know if i will need reflashed when the exhaust is on? I also have probably the best road around to go fast on. Its in Ambridge, about 3 miles flat and straight with only one spot where a cop sits and he's never there and if he was there we would be able to see him, then just flip sides and go northbound,lol. Let me know whats up guys.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

No, you wouldn't need a reflash after an exhaust or MBC. I really am not sure though if it's still recommended. I have a catback on right now and debating about whether or not a downpipe will make a big difference in regards to my tuning. If you are ever planning on getting a fuel pump or the buschur mas pipe in the near future, do so before the tune, as those two will definatley require a re-tune. But we do get free mail in flashes for life, so you could just do that. I think Ambridge might be a little too far for me. I think two locations would be the best, one for each day. That way none of us would be screwed into having to drive 3 hours away. Just an idea.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
No, you wouldn't need a reflash after an exhaust or MBC. I really am not sure though if it's still recommended. I have a catback on right now and debating about whether or not a downpipe will make a big difference in regards to my tuning. If you are ever planning on getting a fuel pump or the buschur mas pipe in the near future, do so before the tune, as those two will definatley require a re-tune. But we do get free mail in flashes for life, so you could just do that. I think Ambridge might be a little too far for me. I think two locations would be the best, one for each day. That way none of us would be screwed into having to drive 3 hours away. Just an idea.
Ambridge is 12 miles to Heinz feild, where in Pittsburgh are you?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:23 AM

Al, have you figured out if you will be coming on the 29 and 30 for sure, and when can we decide on a time schedule?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

I think I am going to get a fuel pump, as after just a taste of performance upgrading, I don't see myself ever being able to stop. I think it could really be as bad as drugs, although I don't think I'd ever rob a bank just to buy a HKS 3037S, but who knows. It's only 85 bucks or so, so why not. EvoDan, you said you would help me install it right? I know I can handle it, but to have someone there with experience would be a plus.

Last edited by Thegame; Jun 15, 2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Thegame
EvoDan, you said you would help me install it right? I know I can handle it, but to have someone there with experience would be a plus.
Yeah thats no probem I can help
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:31 PM

My fuel pump just came today but I didn't put it in yet... any problems running that pump without the tune other than running richer evodan?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

I know you didn't direct that question at me, but as far as I know, all a fuel pump does is increase the fuel "available" not injected. That just means that your injectors will not need all the fuel that the pump can pump. I think you may run a little bit rich, but that may be a myth. I'm gonna ask Al about that one.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:35 PM

No ive had no problems at all, its been in there for a couple of months now. My MPG even stayed the same.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and I talked to the guy at Slow Boy Racing in Indiana about some parts and he seemed really helpful. He's going to try to get me my downpipe before the tune. He has to order it. He also said that he has plenty of fuel pumps in stock. When I go out there to pick these up, I'm going to ask him about the dyno stuff. See if we can get a group together for after the tune. I may even want to do one before the tune. We'll see.

Am I right about the fuel pump?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:38 PM

That is what I had thought initially as well, but after reading about how you would need a reflash for the addition of a pump and such I was under the impression that you would in fact run somewhat richer. Only a couple weeks to the flash day anyways...
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Game... i know chris and i are going to ESE they just got a new mustang awd dyno. What DP are you looking for btw?

Steve
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

One more thing EvoDan... Do we need the special "Evo install kit" with our fuel pumps, or do we just need the regular fuel pump. I've seen both on different websites. I will be getting that from you Steve as long as you can really really try to get that for me by the tune. Oh and the dp i'm looking for is either turboxs, perrin, injen or UR. I'm so confused with this choice. I also want to go HKS just because I know it fits great.

Last edited by Thegame; Jun 15, 2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

I'm down with going to ESE if I can, but I don't know where it's at. I know SBR that's why I was interested in them.

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh, PA Dynoflash