Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Colorado Dynoflash July 16th Signup!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2005, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing much honestly. Hell, we might be able to put together a Mini-Meet as I have Evoisdream and svtbreal possibly coming up.

Give me a ring 307-220-1383
Old Jun 10, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Left you message.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Al what do else do we need to do here to make this official. How many deposits do you have or how many more do you need? There are a couple people locally that want to do this but need to make sure this is a confirmed date. Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

1. Allen
2. Phil (STI GUY)
3. Justin (JustDSM)
4. Greg (ibspoolin)
5. Vivek (Twstdevo)

***Just sent my deposit*** also, i want to speak with AL about some upgrades im planning on before the tune. Im going to try to give him a call or just pm him. AL if you see this please let me know which would be best. thanks!

Last edited by TwStDeVo; Jun 21, 2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
1. Allen
2. Phil (STI GUY)
3. Justin (JustDSM)
4. Greg (ibspoolin)
5. Vivek (Twstdevo)

***Just sent my deposit*** also, i want to speak with AL about some upgrades im planning on before the tune. Im going to try to give him a call or just pm him. AL if you see this please let me know which would be best. thanks!
You can just post your questions about upgrades here - best way to catch me

Great news about the trip btw - I am exited to try the mile high tuning
Old Jun 21, 2005, 06:41 PM
Account Disabled

Those on the list - please kindly send a $75 deposit to paypal@dynoflash.com

With the 5 guys we have I can confirm the trip and book my plane ticket and hotel

I think I already have some depoists - I will check - thanks Al
Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for your response AL, i have a few questions so i think it would be best if i ask a couple at a time.

First and foremost, what turbo upgrade would you recommend for the most power and performance from 91oct and alky? so far i have looked at the gt3076 and gt35r. at first i was set on the gt3076 due to the fact that people said that it was the largest i should go considering the elevation where i live but others have said that there is only a small difference in spool between the gt3076 and gt35r, where the 35r would blow away the gt3076. another turbo im considering is something like the new fp white rabbit or buschur 21g.

My next question is what do you recommend the most for your alky kit? i know most people run dentured alky but others say that the most power can be made from straight methanol, is this true? im debating between the standard dentured alky from home depot or VP Methanol.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:43 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for your response AL, i have a few questions so i think it would be best if i ask a couple at a time.

First and foremost, what turbo upgrade would you recommend for the most power and performance from 91oct and alky? so far i have looked at the gt3076 and gt35r. at first i was set on the gt3076 due to the fact that people said that it was the largest i should go considering the elevation where i live but others have said that there is only a small difference in spool between the gt3076 and gt35r, where the 35r would blow away the gt3076. another turbo im considering is something like the new fp white rabbit or buschur 21g.

My next question is what do you recommend the most for your alky kit? i know most people run dentured alky but others say that the most power can be made from straight methanol, is this true? im debating between the standard dentured alky from home depot or VP Methanol.
I agree the 2076 is of no use - GT35 is the only turbo for evos

Personally - I like the TME turbo - for an all around daily driver its hard to beat that one - just my own preference

On the alcohol kit - denatured alcohol and methanol make just about the same power - depends on which is easier to get
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Al,

i currently have the 1g bov, im sure it will not hold the amount of boost once i get your custom tune, is the forge bov the best one? what about the turbosmart vta/recir bov? are there any others you would recommend more?

would you recommend and ignition system upgrade (hks dl2) if i get the gt35r? what about spark plugs and wires? are 680 injectors going to be enough?

are there any other upgrades you would recommend to achieve the most power from a flash (other than stroker/built 2.0, since i cannot find anyone to install either one)?

what about drivetrain upgrades? would the exedy twin be the best clutch for me? how much do you sell them for? on top of this i plan on ams bushings and hopefully the quaife lsd (the last batch was recalled). what upgrades do you have?

i apologize for so many questions, i just want to have every power upgrade done before the flash since there would probably be no chance of you comming out again. if there are other upgrades you recommend, please let me know.

Last edited by TwStDeVo; Jun 22, 2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I agree the 2076 is of no use - GT35 is the only turbo for evos

Personally - I like the TME turbo - for an all around daily driver its hard to beat that one - just my own preference

On the alcohol kit - denatured alcohol and methanol make just about the same power - depends on which is easier to get
The GT35 is a great turbo at sea level. It's fairly laggy up here. I'd expect spool time to increase by almost 20% vs. sea level.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

what turbo would you recommend? also, i remember seing a post about your car and its stroker kit, did you get it installed in denver? if so, where?

as for the spool, what rpm would i be able to see full boost and what rpm would boost start?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

what turbo would you recommend? also, i remember seing a post about your car and its stroker kit, did you get it installed in denver? if so, where?

as for the spool, what rpm would i be able to see full boost and what rpm would boost start?
I'd still go for the GT35. The lag really doesn't bother me too much. Take a look at any of the GT35 dyno charts and it's safe to assume that you will see boost about 20% later than they do at sea level. I had an HKS 3240 turbo on my car for awhile and found it very streetable but I did have a stroker kit. When I took my car down to sea level with the 3240 turbo it made more boost and sooner. The difference was about 20%. Just don't expect to see the same results as our lowlander friends see.

My engine was built by Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs. They did this as a favor to me as they typically work on Mercedes tuning only. The person who is building my car now (twin charger setup) is out of Philly but he's out here all of the time. He's good friends with the Kleemann guys and has access to their shop. If you're interested in meeting with him to discuss your build let me know as he'll be in Denver sometime at the end of July. He's a talented engineer and has built some pretty wild stuff. Good luck with your car!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i cant wait to c this tune action ill definitly b thier to watch maybe catch a few tips
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoisdream
i cant wait to c this tune action ill definitly b thier to watch maybe catch a few tips
Yeah its finally going to happen, just need to make my turbo kit and alky order and then set a time and date for my installs with you guys.

Last edited by TwStDeVo; Jun 21, 2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoisdream
You should get a custome tune as well and than tweak it with your new setup!

Quick Reply: Colorado Dynoflash July 16th Signup!!