SO CAL tuning trip - Oct 7 & 8

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2005, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump!!! only 2 slots left!!!!
Old Sep 29, 2005, 05:39 PM

crap! make it three spots left..turns out im not gonna be able to make it.. the company's making take a trip out of town for two weeks.. ..al if you could please refund my deposit. looks like im gonna have to wait till the next time you come down..thanx
Old Sep 29, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

ok im in, i got convinced in the k&n thread, al do i call you if i want to use my credit card? i also want the forge mbc if you have one in, if you have black that would be better, but ill take the regular one too. can i get a price for the mbc and tune together? also is there enough time to install send it before the tune? or should i just have u bring it just to make sure i get it in time?3

*edit* ill take 311s spot
Old Sep 29, 2005, 06:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 311EVO
crap! make it three spots left..turns out im not gonna be able to make it.. the company's making take a trip out of town for two weeks.. ..al if you could please refund my deposit. looks like im gonna have to wait till the next time you come down..thanx
At this point we are a week away before i leave for LA

Sorry you can not make it for the tuning, however, there are no refunds of the deposits they are to pay for my air fare and hotel expenses to do these trips

As for the other two guys who had to cancel - they gave sufficent notice so i will provide them a refund if I re-fill there spots

Generally, in all the dozens and dozens of tuning trips I have made cancelations have not been an issue, so this is unusual that we have so many guys on this trip
Old Sep 29, 2005, 06:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOL EDO
ok im in, i got convinced in the k&n thread, al do i call you if i want to use my credit card? i also want the forge mbc if you have one in, if you have black that would be better, but ill take the regular one too. can i get a price for the mbc and tune together? also is there enough time to install send it before the tune? or should i just have u bring it just to make sure i get it in time?3

Please PM me your telephone number and I will call you = thanks
Old Sep 29, 2005, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Al, do you want us to pay the rest for the tuning a couple of days before you come, or in person?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Scoot
Hey Al, do you want us to pay the rest for the tuning a couple of days before you come, or in person?
What ever is easier for you guys. usually people pay after the tune is done and they are completely satisfied but in some cases people find it easier to use pay pal before hand - I am happy either way -= thanks
Old Sep 29, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Cool thanks, I'll pay in advance, probably wednesday.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 06:54 PM

spot's filled al...
Old Sep 29, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Please PM me your telephone number and I will call you = thanks
pm sent
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

ok im in! as i said ill take 311's spot. did you get my mbc sent out al? what hoses do i need to buy to install it? do i just buy the 5/32 vaccuum hose and what length? or can i reuse the stock hoses? also if u couldnt find a cap for the intake pipe, anything special i should use to cap it.

just to make sure im replacing the t-line that goes to the outlet, waste gate actuator, and boost solenoid with the mbc going to the outlet and wastegate only. then i cap the intake and leave the solenoid ends open or cap them also.

thanks al look forward to meeting you and getting my car running straight

Last edited by EVOL EDO; Sep 30, 2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 01:27 PM
Account Disabled

ok im in! as i said ill take 311's spot. did you get my mbc sent out al? what hoses do i need to buy to install it? do i just buy the 5/32 vaccuum hose and what length? or can i reuse the stock hoses? also if u couldnt find a cap for the intake pipe, anything special i should use to cap it.

just to make sure im replacing the t-line that goes to the outlet, waste gate actuator, and boost solenoid with the mbc going to the outlet and wastegate only. then i cap the intake and leave the solenoid ends open or cap them also.

thanks al look forward to meeting you and getting my car running straight
I sent it out today fed ex saver

I swaped your spring - enclosed a cap to plug the line going OFF the black air tube after the mass air flow sesnor which leads into the factory solinoid

Just run a vac hose off the turbo discharge - TO the MBC - and then back to the wastegate - use zips ties

if you have any problems - contact Mheraz at Dynamic Design in Chatsworth CA who can install it for you - OR call me
Old Sep 30, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for spots left!!!!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 04:17 PM

As Al mentioned above, Mehraz at Dynamic Design (in Canoga Park, CA) can do parts installs for anyone who needs work done before Al arrives. He almost exclusively works on Evo's these days. He's done a fair amount of work on my car and I've always been happy with the results. And the best part is he works nights (late) and weekends.

The garage (near the intersection of Oso Ave and Prairie St) is a couple blocks away from the main storefront which is on Roscoe.

It's better to call him direct than to call the store - PM me for his cell phone #.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 04:43 PM

Al - Agoura is currently up in flames - take a look at the path of this fire:
http://web.insidevc.com/sitegraphics.../firemap29.jpg

You might want to call your hotel to make sure they haven't evacuated.