Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Case Study # 123 - Most Powerful Evo IX (so far) - 375 whp ! exhuast, intake & MBC!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Exciting News
I'm surprised by this because I thought the changes for the IX would bump performance not BUMP PERFORMANCE. Man, I was going to wait for the X but I must at least test drive this car. How does one find out about ancillary changes for the IX? Sure, Mitsu will tell you about MIVEC, but they're not going to mention a higher flowing fuel pump.
go to mitsubishi dealer and check part #s
Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
There is no BS from me my friend - I have been posting dyno sheets on here since the day the Evo 8 made it to us shores from the same exact dyno

My reflash eliminated the fuel cut

The injectors were at 100% duty cycle with the pump installed - but the tune was on the rich side for saftey till he looses the stock cat and frees up some back pressure

By way of comparisions a Evo 8 on the same dyno would make about 320 max on the same 100 octane

A full Buschur Stage IV on 100 octane would have a hard time to make the same power - in fact it would be in most cases about 20 whp down

I knew the Evo IX was going to make insane power levels when I was in AZ on this past Sat and dynoed over 300 TQ and WHP with a similarly modded IX on a Mustang dyno with 91 octane - that is equal to about 325 - 330 on this Dyno Jet which is again about 25 - 30 whp more than a Evo VIII would make on similar mods
I don't doubt the 9 is capable of making power but, 375 on the stock turbo and stock IC sounds like a pipe dream. A crack pipe dream.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

I'd like to see someone put an EVO9 16g on a bone stock EVO8 and see what the results are. The IX numbers are impressive.. but not enough for me to even consider trading in on one.

Anyone know off hand if Buschur has had any 9's on their dyno?

Last edited by justchil; Dec 8, 2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justchil
I'd like to see someone put an EVO9 16g on a bone stock EVO8 and see what the results are. The IX numbers are impressive.. but not enough for me to even consider trading in on one.
+1.. Id like to see that also very much
Old Dec 8, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

i'm jealous and my friend just bought an evo9, he frickin sucks...............but i still drive better!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The IX is nice, but put the same parts an a VIII, and you'll get simular performance. Might not get the MIVEC but I'm sure the numbers would be simular. Thats the name of the game with each new model year...
Old Dec 8, 2005, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

wow, nice #'s and its great to see the evo just keeps getting better and better, i hope my 05 will be able to keep up
Old Dec 8, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

man, you people, stop b|tching and just buy Buschurs 20g-9 upgrade! you want the power, well there it is!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 04:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by itzwolf
The IX is nice, but put the same parts an a VIII, and you'll get simular performance. Might not get the MIVEC but I'm sure the numbers would be simular. Thats the name of the game with each new model year...
Or just bolt on a GT42 R like I am doing now and you can laugh at every car on the road!

But seriously technology and design is what makes for great turbos and really outdid themselves with this new unit. It spools very fast and makes mad power ! Great combo
Old Dec 8, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
Al...I really like the torque numbers that the IX seems to be consistently putting down. On the Evo VIII wheel torque and wheel horsepower seem to always be right around the same figure until you replace the factory 16g. With the IX it seems like the TQ figures are always slightly higher than the HP figures. I imagine that's another factor in why the IX also FEELS noticeably quicker than the VIII.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but are the IX's higher torque figures more a result of the new snail, the variable intake cam, or a combo of both? Until now I always thought engine stroke was the overriding factor when it comes to turbocharged cars putting down more TQ than HP, but I believe that's always been the same on the 4G63.
Al...can you take a stab at this one?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 05:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Steiner
Al...can you take a stab at this one?
it is a combo of both

Also - notice the variation in the shape opf the TQ curve from 3600 through 5100 rpms

The IX stays much flater and broader through the 4500 - 5100 range while the 8 seems to fall flatly all the way down

Its the MIVEC working which is keeping the TQ greater in the mid range

More boost generally equals more TQ so the 3500 TQ figure is much closer between the two cars

However - if you look at the TQ at 7,000 rpms you will not a serious advantage for the IX over the 8 - and the MIVEC is set to zero advance after 6,000

This shows the turbo makes most of the power while the MIVEC helps alter the TQ profile
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by andenbre
then add cams to the 9 and compare
You mean CAM, singular? I don't think anyone has a solution for the intake cam yet. I'll be interested to see who gets that done and how they tune when we start talking about IXs with huge injectors, turbos, etc without the availability of the AEM. Flashes have their limitations.

Tom
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Flashes have their limitations.

Tom
But its a limitation around 500 whp - which is not a problem for 90% of users
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kipper215
I don't doubt the 9 is capable of making power but, 375 on the stock turbo and stock IC sounds like a pipe dream. A crack pipe dream.
Look newbie, please don't commit the evom.net mortal sin of typing out an opinion before researching.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kipper215
Hey man - everyone is entitled to his / her opinion - just in your case you happen to be speakig without benefit of any tangible evidence or data of any kind

I think I did about 5 dyno pulls in a row at the same power level and drove the car to veirfy how it was pulling

Today I dynoed a evo 8 and the dyno is still working 100%

The facts speak for themselves

Quick Reply: Case Study # 123 - Most Powerful Evo IX (so far) - 375 whp ! exhuast, intake & MBC!!