Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Case Study # 123 - Most Powerful Evo IX (so far) - 375 whp ! exhuast, intake & MBC!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I got 50$ paypal that someone from Vishnu (Shiv, Dustin, Issac,etc) would have better LAP TIMES on any track in the US then Al or any one from the Dynoflash camp. My grandpa was a professional drag racer, get with the times and get on the REAL TRACK.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Dec 9, 2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
I got 50$ paypal that someone from Vishnu (Shiv, Dustin, Issac,etc) would have better LAP TIMES on any track in the US then Al or any one from the Dynoflash camp. My grandpa was a professional drag racer, get with the times and get on the REAL TRACK.
It would be foolish of you to think that all Dynoflash customers do nothing but drag race.

I do more autocrossing and road racing than I do drag racing, but the drag strip provides results that are directly comparable unlike the other forms of racing. My autocross times and road racing success isn't the sort of thing we can use for comparison...
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What???????
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First. Props to Al for the impressive numbers. Even after being corrected, they look very very good. Those 9s are impressive.

Second. I notice a lot of folks flaming Shiv in this thread for him bringing up a legit point. I also noticed AMS brought up the exact same point about correction factors but noone seems to want to acknowledge that.

Here are two dyno graphs of my Evo from one year ago and ten months ago. Same fuel, same car, same tune, same parts, same dyno. That was the exact setup I did 11.9 at 115mph in. I picked the best number from the each session. The only difference is that it was 20 degrees cooler one day. My point is that temperatures make a significant difference in power on our cars. Even with the correction factor turned on, it still didn't equalize the two.

I'm still trying to figure out why my car spooled so much better in the cooler weather...

Last edited by Smogrunner; Dec 9, 2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
This year I tuned a T2 class car which made it all the way to the SCCA national championship runoffs - the car lasted through two weeks of testing , practice, quailifying and the actual race with flying colors - he finshed #5 in the race
Old Dec 10, 2005, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I was saying nothing bout DynoFlash customers all being drag racers, when I said Dynoflash camp, I meant AL or any of his employees. Also, I didn't say tune a race car, I said race on a Track, not drag strip.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Dec 10, 2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
This year I tuned a T2 class car which made it all the way to the SCCA national championship runoffs - the car lasted through two weeks of testing , practice, quailifying and the actual race with flying colors - he finshed #5 in the race
And the car I tuned (a "Slowbaru" STi) came in first place and won the championship. Whoopeee.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

this will be my first and last warning:

ANY comments that are unrelated to the topic of the thread will be deleted and the user banned for 2 weeks. any name calling will result in a perm ban without warning. \

Shiv, if you wish to continue this or comment on anything, feel free to start a thread in the general area.

this place has been fairly quite for some time now and i do not wish to see this crap again.

if this thread will not get back on topic or stay civil, it WILL be locked.

thanks,

Blonde
Old Dec 10, 2005, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you blonde.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Yup, thanks, this was getting out of control.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:11 AM
LSR

Thank you blonde

Al, keep up the good work and continue to keep us posted about the Evo. IX's

I am going to be buying a Evo. IX MR after Christmas and will be entouch with you Al and David @ BR as well.

Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blonde
this will be my first and last warning:

ANY comments that are unrelated to the topic of the thread will be deleted and the user banned for 2 weeks. any name calling will result in a perm ban without warning. \

Shiv, if you wish to continue this or comment on anything, feel free to start a thread in the general area.

this place has been fairly quite for some time now and i do not wish to see this crap again.

if this thread will not get back on topic or stay civil, it WILL be locked.

thanks,

Blonde
Thanks Blonde!, It was about time someone took charge of this..
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

[....
Old Dec 10, 2005, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jim_Patterson
Shiv is just bitter as always. Graphs look good as always Al.

If they raced on the track Al would win hands down.

Maybe Shiv should quit being a little kid and keep his mouth shut instead of coming into another companies business. If he would come into all of Als thread he would have more time to develop his stuff and maybe thrown down numbers close to Als.
I will put my money on Shiv on any roadcourse but we all know Al has a 9 sec 1320 car and Shiv is not interested in the 1320 game.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gofaster87
Well it must be Shivs bag if he decided to come on here and argue. And why would we care if YOU give a rats *** about drag racing? The world is not just about a road course, drag racing has a long history as well and many of us enjoy it.
Sammy, I can't believe u jumped in here defending"Drag Racing". What is your best time to date with your 700+ Whp beast? How is it that u enjoy it? By watching.LOL

Quick Reply: Case Study # 123 - Most Powerful Evo IX (so far) - 375 whp ! exhuast, intake & MBC!!