Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Case Study # 123 - Most Powerful Evo IX (so far) - 375 whp ! exhuast, intake & MBC!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Those are fantastic numbers for BASIC bolt-ons! Kind-of like the BPU upgrade for Supra's. With a turboback, intake, boost control, and Flash, 375-390whp should be doable on 93 octane correct? If so, thats UNBELIEVABLE
Old Dec 7, 2005, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kipper215
I have to way the BS flag on that one. that high amount of boosting with stock injectors and no fuel cut.
Why would it hit fuel cut when it's flashed with fuel cut removed? Before I even had a flash, I would run 25psi on race gas tuned with my S-AFC and not hit fuel cut or max out the injectors. Why would the stock injectors be a hindrance here at 24-26psi when they aren't a hindrance on the rest of us with the stock turbo.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 04:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kipper215
I have to way the BS flag on that one. that high amount of boosting with stock injectors and no fuel cut. i wonder what the duty cycle is. also dyno numbers are subjective. I will believe it when i see a 9 beat me on the street.
There is no BS from me my friend - I have been posting dyno sheets on here since the day the Evo 8 made it to us shores from the same exact dyno

My reflash eliminated the fuel cut

The injectors were at 100% duty cycle with the pump installed - but the tune was on the rich side for saftey till he looses the stock cat and frees up some back pressure

By way of comparisions a Evo 8 on the same dyno would make about 320 max on the same 100 octane

A full Buschur Stage IV on 100 octane would have a hard time to make the same power - in fact it would be in most cases about 20 whp down

I knew the Evo IX was going to make insane power levels when I was in AZ on this past Sat and dynoed over 300 TQ and WHP with a similarly modded IX on a Mustang dyno with 91 octane - that is equal to about 325 - 330 on this Dyno Jet which is again about 25 - 30 whp more than a Evo VIII would make on similar mods
Old Dec 7, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
THe numbers may be in the same ballpark, but lowdown torque should be higher on the IX due to the MIVEC. I also know the head on the IX is different than the 8 (not sure how much, though).
How do you define ballpark? Aren't similar mods on an 8 getting about 50 LESS whp/tq? Yes, I know different dynos = different readings, but still. This just seems like a huge discrepancy. Oh well. I still want to see more consistency with other tuners before I go too nuts...This a good first step.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Vroompsh
I don't see how that's possible unless the car's mivec was tuned very agressively, and even then...375WHP without a turboback? Sorry...that dyno is O F F
trust me - its very possible and my tuning is no rocket science - other tuners will be comming with similar numbers as the cars become more common and the owners start making more modifications

For reference from last week here was the friend of the owner of this Evo IX who had PUMP gas and a HKS Intake and MBC - stock exhuast

When I tunred his boost up to 23.5 peak this is what he made

The thread on that other car is here

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=case+study

My fellow ecutek partner Sean I. on these forums also made 330 whp on his customer's car a couple of days ago with similar mods and pump gas

All of which support the theory that the new turbo and cam combo on the IX will generally be making about 25 - 30 whp more than the Evo VIII with similar mods

It seems from my investigations on the dyno that when you are starting to RAISE up the boost beyond stock levels is where the new IX turbo really starts to make significant improvments over the stock Evo IX turbo

To put in in perspective - the new IX turbo is superior to the White rabbit or the 20 G and tME units which I have previously tested
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Al's doing it again!!!!!!!!! great #'s.

just for comparo Al is right that the 9 makes more stock power. the car he mentioned in AZ making 300 on the Mustang Dyno would make about 330 on a Dynojet or 310-320 on a Dyno Dynamics. so if this car made 377 on dynojet, it awould make 340 on a mustang & about 350 on a DD. nonetheless, it is very, very impressive.

for those who have 8's & want 9 power, all you have to do is get an intake cam w/ an adjustable cam gear...
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

awesome numbers.. And there is still no place to buy the US IX turbo is there? If there was and it was in the same price range as a tme or white rabbit, i'm sure alot of people would opt for it.. I understand the IX also spools alot quicker than the VIII because of the MIVEC. Will the 9 turbo be alot laggier on an 8 than the stock turbo, and alot laggier than on the 9 itself? just curious.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RSGuy
Al, do you think an EVO 8 w/comparable mods and the IX turbo would put down similar #'s?
Please say yes....
Al, could you answer this guys question?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Omfg, this is insane!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:09 PM
Account Disabled

OH - and I almost forgot - the test drive

Man what a machine

PERFECT is how I would describe this car

The MIVEC really has a "feel" that I can not desicribe in the mid range - it really creates a change to the power band in the mid range

If I did not already have a sponsorship on my race evo viii for next season I would prob be selling off my parts and trading up for a IX

There are many other small improvements on the IX - such as the fuel pump - etc. which I am seeing.

This customer is going to add a 272 exhuast cam and a full 3" exhuast next week to see if 400 whp is possible
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTio
Al, could you answer this guys question?
People keep asking that same question over and over, but no one answers, because no one has tried yet. The IX turbo on an VIII may not do quite as well without the MIVEC to assist with spoolup.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
To put in in perspective - the new IX turbo is superior to the White rabbit or the 20 G and tME units which I have previously tested
So the new evo9-20g should be the turbo to get? its nice to see these results from the evo9, which is why i have been watching the new evo9-20g thread very closely and cant wait until the first group of people get theirs and put them to the test.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RSGuy
Al, do you think an EVO 8 w/comparable mods and the IX turbo would put down similar #'s?
Please say yes....
The turbo is 95% of the difference

The lag will be slightly greater without the MIVEC - how much is anyone's guess - prob at least 200 - 300 rpms or so

I think this turbo is going to be a really good thing on any evo

The Buschur IX 20G also looks very promising

I would much rather have the stock Evo IX turbo than any Gt30 based unit such as the Gt3037 or 3076 etc

I think has really taken a huge step forward in turbo design
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
So the new evo9-20g should be the turbo to get? its nice to see these results from the evo9, which is why i have been watching the new evo9-20g thread very closely and cant wait until the first group of people get theirs and put them to the test.
I agree the IX-20G looks like the hot turbo at this moment

I am very anxious to test one - particularly as the price is lower the stock IX turbo and the power will be greater which is a great formula for me !
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

When I get mine back I will be possibly trading mine in!!

Great Job Al!!

Quick Reply: Case Study # 123 - Most Powerful Evo IX (so far) - 375 whp ! exhuast, intake & MBC!!