Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Dyno #, 302 whp, 294 ft-lbs Tq

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I think you ask too many questions, but yes, your car should make over 350whp (Dynojet).

Perhaps you should try using your cam gears?
Wart,

hey man I know you have an extremely good rep here on the site, but you're negative remarks make me sick as do many others.it seems like every reply you make starts off with negative feed back! cant you be a little more adult like and carry a positive attitude? most people come here to learn and gain knowledge, rather than camp out , like a post ***** and feed on new for self gradifation..

I know ill get flamed for this but its the truth!!

isn't the forum designed for people to ask questions....

mod please lock this post!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No need to lock the thread. It is a good dynograph that provides good comparisons for others who get tuned with those mods on 91oct...and who use that dyno. There was also good info provided later. I apologize if you are offended by my blunt responses, but I wasn't even talking to you, so it shouldn't bother you. You for some reason equate being an adult with having a positive attitude, which I've never heard before. I equate being an adult with not getting offended by blunt responses. If someone asks what I think; I tell them. I don't sugarcoat it like I would if talking to a child.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Come on guys, none of that.

The reason for the questions, I'm not a good judge of hp gains. I was thinking I'd be at 320 on a mustang with my mods. But at least I can fix my mistakes and get the right numbers.

I've read alot of your post and you do know what you are talking about, but at the same time, You waste alot of space on here with some of the comments you make. I'm cool with it, but like lukytry said, you do come over on the negitive side of things. I don't want you to change, because some people on here need it from time to time.

All in all, thanks for the feed back. I appreciate it.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
It seems about just what I would xpect with your mods on a mustang dyno with pump gas

This would equal about 330 on a dyno jet type dyno which is strong considering the fuel you have out there

I think with a MBC you could hold the boost better on the top end - however it looks like a smooth curve

You know its very interesting on the a/f chart as I am looking at your data log now and its the same identical curve on my a/f print out only mine is 1/2 point richer on the road
Thanks Al.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

I think you ask too many questions, but yes, your car should make over 350whp (Dynojet).

Perhaps you should try using your cam gears?
I don't know anyone out here in AZ that knows what they are doing with cam gear tuning. If there is anyone on here that does, PM me so I can do this. I know I can gain more hp with tuning them. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

No need to lock the thread. It is a good dynograph that provides good comparisons for others who get tuned with those mods on 91oct...and who use that dyno. There was also good info provided later. I apologize if you are offended by my blunt responses, but I wasn't even talking to you, so it shouldn't bother you. You for some reason equate being an adult with having a positive attitude, which I've never heard before. I equate being an adult with not getting offended by blunt responses. If someone asks what I think; I tell them. I don't sugarcoat it like I would if talking to a child.
all the sugar in the world couldnt coat youre BLUT reponses!!who cares if the post wasnt inteded to me, hes not the only person you stroke youre ego with!!
Not saying you dont know youre stuff, but i guess a little ego is to be expected? All im saying is with youre status on this board, one would think you would be a bit more lax in youre choice of words. it almost seems like you hate to share youre knowledge, by telling some one "you ask alot of question"

sorry for the rant,
Old Dec 8, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to know all is well now...... Back to topic please........
Old Dec 8, 2005, 11:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
I think that 12.0 at 6500 and above is major scary, gonna melt something, for 91 octane.

11.6 over most of the pull is even scary too.

Is there a reason why the AFR is tuned to that on 91?

I do 303whp on a mustang with 11.1 AFR, 91 octane.

Although Al said his AFR on your car was 1/2 point richer on the road. Does he man the 12.0 is a 11.5 and the 11.5 is a 11.0? or 12.0 is 11.9, 11.5 is 11.4?

Last edited by razorlab; Dec 8, 2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by V8EaterEvo
Here it is guys and girls. Comments welcome.

This is on 91oct out here in AZ. Check my mods in my sig.
Rob,

What is up man? I read your mods and we already talked about you having a SMC kit or similar installed.

You are going in the right direction by having Al tunning your car. Your torque could be greatly increase with the Alcohol kit. What is your budget?
Can you afford the 10.5 hotside swapp?

Anyway, your hp sounds about right, the 03-04 have hard time putting as much power as the 05 with the 10.5.

The BOV plays a very important role. I was boosting 28PSI before the tunning with alcohol.

I know people could argue my point but let me tell you this, my Lower and upper IC pipes made miracles on my car, I gained 1.5MPH trap speed at the track, my car holds the boost longer and it helped the spool up significantly.

You might want to look at doing that.

Anyway, let me know if you have questions about the SMC install. Good luck!!

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 9, 2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Carlos,
On my many things to get list, there is the upper and lower IC pipes. It just takes time right now because of x-mas. I have to get presents for the family, so I won't be getting anything until after x-mas. I'll hit you up when I get the SMC kit.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

why r u leaning out so much at higher rpms? What kind of wideband is that? THe sniffer or the sensor?

I dont know. Your graph ends before 7000rpm.... And ur AFR is approacing 12's in higher rpm. Maybe your timing is very low and you are allowed to run such high afr's without knock - i am not the one to judge but care to explain?

Last edited by platinumspecv; Dec 9, 2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:06 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by razorlab
I think that 12.0 at 6500 and above is major scary, gonna melt something, for 91 octane.

11.6 over most of the pull is even scary too.

Is there a reason why the AFR is tuned to that on 91?

I do 303whp on a mustang with 11.1 AFR, 91 octane.

Although Al said his AFR on your car was 1/2 point richer on the road. Does he man the 12.0 is a 11.5 and the 11.5 is a 11.0? or 12.0 is 11.9, 11.5 is 11.4?
i think the A/F sample at the dyno shop is inaccurate

When I was there there were using a primative pipe which was falling out of the muffler tip half the time

In this customer's case he hs a nasty tiny pipe hole where the pipe exited the can part of the muffler and attached to the tip

As I was monitoring his a/f very carefully over a hour plus driving on the road and in fact logged it - I have great confidence that his a/f is dead on - on the street

I would asssume that the pipe of Vivid was cocked and not making a accurate sample on the dyno sheet posted

Last edited by DynoFlash; Dec 9, 2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Thinks Al for explaining it. I have no clue how to answer those types of questions.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:36 AM
Account Disabled

Guys here is the data log from this tune on the road with the sesnor properly centered and located in the tail pipe with care

This is the data log from this car

I now keep all tuning data for my own protection as some of the stupidity that goes on in this forum is very retarded. I like to have a reference on file which shows me all the fuel, ingition, knock and boost from each custom road tune I do. This way if any finger pointing goes on I can back up my work with documented facts. Not to mention - with such good equipment it makes the possibility of a mistake much less likely.

You can see the a/f curve is right on the money and carefully enriched near areas of peak cyl pressure

The Vivid experience was less than optimal - lets leave it at that

Attached Thumbnails Dyno #, 302 whp, 294 ft-lbs Tq-buddyclub.jpg  

Last edited by DynoFlash; Dec 9, 2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

You're the man, Al. Thanks. I know that you did my tune right. That's all that really matters.

Mitch just wanted to see some data, that's why he hooked it up. But to back you up, their A/F thing was very small. It was nothing like yours.

I trust your tune. If I didn't I would have let you know.

Keep up the great work.

Quick Reply: Dyno #, 302 whp, 294 ft-lbs Tq