Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Dynoflash Vs Buschur Flash

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jrod afer I get my stage 2 or 3 from u guys how much is an updated BR flash or dont I need one, or would u think a custom tune would be better and after what stage a 2 or 3? Just about ready 2 mod mod more
Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im really quite confused on this still myself....Its still a mail-in, it goes to Al @ dynoflash, which according to what I heard he takes your part list and flashes to those specific parts from his research....So if I bought all my parts seperate from buschur (piece by piece, not package) and then sent my ecu to Al w/ my parts list he wont give me the best flash unless I pay 375 for the same thing anyway except it will make more power? So wouldnt it be cheaper to just have him do his custom flash for 399 and then get mail-ins for free? That just seems like such a huge price jump from 199 to 375 for the same thing except Al wont flash the potential of the buschur parts unless I pay the 375....

See how im confused on this matter???
Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not the same thing. The exact combinations of parts in the BR packages have been dyno and road tested extensively to the point of given a specific file that can be used and re-used. These files are ONLY used with the BR packages. Other people with other combinations or similar combinations get a base flash that is closest to their combo from other road tunes done around the country. These do not all have the same amount of extensive tuning time on the road and dyno with tons of trial and error to make them perfect.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

That just seems like such a huge price jump from 199 to 375 for the same thing except Al wont flash the potential of the buschur parts unless I pay the 375....

thats putting it bluntly, but yes..
Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:56 AM
Account Disabled

I am trying to think of an anaology to explain

If you guy two air plance tickets to LA they both get you there but the 1st Class one gets you the leg room and nice meal

In this case the Buschur Flash gets you dozens of hours of Dyno R & D and the tuning skill of David Buschur guiding the set up of the Buschur Flash settings

The Buschur Flash method of tuning is exclusive to the Buschur Flash

Thanks Al
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

ok understandable.....now what about your custom flash? would'nt it in the long run be more beneficial to me to just go custom tune and pay $399 and get free mail-ins? Will the custom tune offer more or less of an advantage over the buschur mail-in? Which btw....when you do go custom can you pay the 399 and then get free mail-ins first then get a custom tune done later, since you paid the fee? Reason I ask....my mod plans are:

phase 1: intake, fuel pump, flash
phase 2: TBE
Phase 3: 272's
All Buschur Parts, no mix matching....

So I figure a custom tune wont be necessary for me until I get my cams? So if I pay for it now can I use it later? Call me curious.....

Im sorry I am not trying to be mean or rude, and sorry if im annoying from all the questions. I just like to know my options and understand something before I go invest my money into it?...I really like buschur's parts, so im sold there and from what I understand Al is best at what he does, so no arguments there either. I just wanted a clarification on my options and make sure im getting the best possible solution to where I want to be, and not waste a single dime while doing it....which is the basic American dream

Thanks guys!
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

No, each custom tune is paid for separately. If you get a custom tune now, you again pay for a custom tune later, but at the discounted price of $300 like all return customers. You shouldn't even bother with your phase 1. You don't need an intake, and you certainly don't need a fuel pump with no mods. Start with a drop-in filter, mbc, BOV, and boost gauge. Then, when you do the TBE, add the fuel pump and mail-in flash for $199. Then, get the 272s and get custom tuned for $300. You will have spent $499 total for tuning over the course of your 3 phases and will have the perfect combo of parts.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No, each custom tune is paid for separately. If you get a custom tune now, you again pay for a custom tune later, but at the discounted price of $300 like all return customers. You shouldn't even bother with your phase 1. You don't need an intake, and you certainly don't need a fuel pump with no mods. Start with a drop-in filter, mbc, BOV, and boost gauge. Then, when you do the TBE, add the fuel pump and mail-in flash for $199. Then, get the 272s and get custom tuned for $300. You will have spent $499 total for tuning over the course of your 3 phases and will have the perfect combo of parts.
You didnt read....im not asking for 2 custom tunes, im asking about paying for a custom tune now, but using it at a later date when im ready to and getting the free mail-in flash's for the life of the car first that is said you get when you "buy" the custom flash ....That is what im asking? I dont see anything on the site that says otherwise and im curious? because it doesnt say after you pay and get a custom flash...it says after you buy the flash you get free mail-ins?

"Once you buy this reflash for $350.00 you can get a full custom retune flash, and Through The Mail flashes are free for life of the car." from Dynoflash website....

This is why I want to know if custom is better than the buschur flash? why pay 375 for mail in, if its better to get a custom flash?

My mods im basically going for the BR330 parts list and going from there.....thats why im going the way im going...im still in the thinking mode right now not sure what I want to do exactly..
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

You pay for the custom flash when you get custom tuned. Then, after that, all subsequent mail-in flashes are free, but subsequent custom flashes cost $300. The BR330 list does not include cams nor a TBE, so I'm a bit confused on your setup. You only get the Buschur Flash with the BR stages, so I don't understand why you're mentioning it, since you're not getting the BR stages...
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

ok thanks for the flash info...

again you did not read....i said im going for the basic BR330 and "go from there"

BR330: intake, 2.5" dp, exhaust, stock cat, flash

im probablly going with the stage 1 route which is more or less the same thing? but i think im going to get the 3" dp, high-flo, and 3" exhaust. intake, fuel pump, and then later in life get cams down the road (which is the go from there part)....

On buschurs site al said I could get the intake and fuel pump first and get the stage 1 flash and then install the exhaust later when i have the money and it would run fine, and I figure I would make a little more power than stock to hold me over until I can afford the tbe....so just because im not buying the package together I can still get the flash, I will be paying for it.... Its on buschurs site to buy for 375.00

From Al on Buschurs site: "If you get just the intake, pump and mbc now you can get the Buschur Flash for Stage I and the drive it and add the exhuast later it will run fine on the stock exhuast"

I already have a joe p. mbc, and boost gauge from my previous turbo car...

In the end I will have intake, 3" tbe, pump, flash.... only reason for pump now is I heard its recomended with a flash on the VIII?

Later I will get cams and a reflash...
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:02 PM

I'm really glad I saw this thread.
I'll order my exhaust parts from Buschur for my new IX and get the flash straight from Al to save $175!
Thanks guys!
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Halo, you should just get my Warrtalon package from Buschur for your IX. It includes the exhaust, flash, and mbc+gauge, which is all you need to have a rocking IX. The price is $1270 and includes shipping.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Halo, you should just get my Warrtalon package from Buschur for your IX. It includes the exhaust, flash, and mbc+gauge, which is all you need to have a rocking IX. The price is $1270 and includes shipping.
To expand on this Warr.....

Lee me start by saying that I'm definitely getting the WT/BR kit.

Now. After that, I'll be going with the AMS LICP, the Buschur ported and coated exhaust manni, o2 housing, and 10.5 hotside. Will I need an additional flash for these 4 mods, and if so, how much additional would it be on top of the flash I'm getting with the WT/BR kit? Is this the logical thing to do, or should I just call up Buschur and see if they want to work with me more because everything but the LICP would be from them? Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur won't be able to work with you on the flash, so that won't help in this case. What you should do is get all the parts at once, then either get the mail-in flash that comes with your WT package, but add all those other mods to the list before sending your ECU. Then, Al can flash you for the additional parts all at once. You don't want to get the WT package with the flash then add the other stuff afterwards, because a big part of the power gains on the ported/coated stuff is from the additional timing you can run without knock.

Let me know if that makes sense...
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Buschur won't be able to work with you on the flash, so that won't help in this case. What you should do is get all the parts at once, then either get the mail-in flash that comes with your WT package, but add all those other mods to the list before sending your ECU. Then, Al can flash you for the additional parts all at once. You don't want to get the WT package with the flash then add the other stuff afterwards, because a big part of the power gains on the ported/coated stuff is from the additional timing you can run without knock.

Let me know if that makes sense...
The logic absolutely makes sense. The logistics don't......

I'm looking for what exactly to do. I will have to remove my manifold and 10.5 hotside to send to Buschur, that's for sure. I know that the WT package includes a flash. What I don't understand is what exactly to do, and in what order.

I can easily pay Buschur for all the parts at once. I already bought the AMS LICP. So, i still only need one flash. Should I deal with Buschur about this situation, or Al directly, as he's the one who's going to do the flash?

Or should I just get the WT package and that flash that comes with it, and then do the porting and coating mods, and get another flash with the LICP?