Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Dynoflash Vs Buschur Flash

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just get the WT package, install it, then send off for your WT/BR flash. After that, whenever you have time, do the ported/coated bits and LICP, then get another mail-in flash for just $100. In fact, since you already have the LICP, you can install that with your WT/BR parts and get flashed for all of that together, then do the 2nd flash later with the ported/coated bits.

That should work fine, and you only pay $100 for that 2nd flash. You would deal with Al for all the flash-related info/questions. Dave just sells the parts in this case.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for clearing my mind on this. This is great as well, maybe I won't have downtime because I might be able to get my hands on a spare Exhuast manni and 10.5 hotside, and resell the stock parts when I'm done.

I was previously unaware that the WT/BR flash can be updated if I'm going to install other parts at the same time. (LICP)
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Not a problem!

The reflash price when one is needed to be done will be $155.
According to buschur a reflash is 155 not 100....when you get the buschur flash
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Excellent. Thanks for clearing my mind on this. This is great as well, maybe I won't have downtime because I might be able to get my hands on a spare Exhuast manni and 10.5 hotside, and resell the stock parts when I'm done.

I was previously unaware that the WT/BR flash can be updated if I'm going to install other parts at the same time. (LICP)
Smart. That's exactly what I did. I found a full, stock turbo system (10.5 hotside, exhaust mani, and o2 housing) for $250 at a local speed shop. It wasn't even theirs, but an MR had gotten a turbo upgrade and just left the parts. I sent my bits to Buschur, got the new stuff back 2 days later, then installed it all with no downtime. Afterwards, I sold my stock stuff for $300.

Yeah, the flash can always be updated, but the difference is that the modified flash will be based off another file, not the exact WT/BR file that is designed specifically for the mod combination in my package, which has more R&D applied to it.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
According to buschur a reflash is 155 not 100....when you get the buschur flash
Well, a regular mail-in flash through Dynoflash for an existing customer is $100. Buschur flashes are special and are specific to Buschur stages.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Halo, you should just get my Warrtalon package from Buschur for your IX. It includes the exhaust, flash, and mbc+gauge, which is all you need to have a rocking IX. The price is $1270 and includes shipping.
I'm definitely in on the exhaust since its lightweight and makes a ****load of power. I had an AEM EMS on my VIII for awhile, and decided to not go that way this time since speed density conversion turned my last car into a pile of crap by modding it too much/shafting the drivability. Since I have to drive it every day, that was dumb and won't fo it again. I'm just going to do flash and exhaust this time for awhile I'm still trying to decide which of three flashes to go with.

Dynoflash- price
Buschur- same maker of the exhaust, been kings of 4G63 speed for years
Vishnu- coworker recommendation, advertised gains, and no need for MBC
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Btw, Dynoflash does all of Buschur's flashes. They are the same product, so the only choice is between Buschur/Dynoflash and Vishnu. You know what I prefer, and you also don't need an MBC with the Dynoflash, but for $85, it's great to have direct control over it. Throw in the fact that you can get ALL of that (Buschur TBE, Dynoflash/BuschurFlash, Forge UNOS MBC, and gauge+pod) for just $1270 shipped, and you're golden. You will have 330-340whp on 93oct with no extraneous mods, no drivability issues, 100% reliability, and the best parts on the market.

Even if you just do the Buschur TBE + Dynoflash, you will be in good shape, but you won't spend much more just to get the package, since it includes shipping and has built-in discounts. You know you'll need a boost gauge anyway - don't want any mods without one.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Btw, Dynoflash does all of Buschur's flashes. They are the same product, so the only choice is between Buschur/Dynoflash and Vishnu. You know what I prefer, and you also don't need an MBC with the Dynoflash, but for $85, it's great to have direct control over it. Throw in the fact that you can get ALL of that (Buschur TBE, Dynoflash/BuschurFlash, Forge UNOS MBC, and gauge+pod) for just $1270 shipped, and you're golden. You will have 330-340whp on 93oct with no extraneous mods, no drivability issues, 100% reliability, and the best parts on the market.

Even if you just do the Buschur TBE + Dynoflash, you will be in good shape, but you won't spend much more just to get the package, since it includes shipping and has built-in discounts. You know you'll need a boost gauge anyway - don't want any mods without one.
Plus freaking ONE!!!

+1
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:36 PM

Right now, I'm going to do the Buschur TBE and then get either the Dynoflash or Vishnu flash later. I've got you on one shoulder telling me one thing, and my co-worker on the other shoulder telling me something else. LOL.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, well remember that an exhaust on a IX without an MBC or flash will not give any power gains. Vishnu has confirmed this, too. The IX ECU is very intelligent and lowers the boost on its own when it detects increased airflow. So, until you get the flash, you won't realize any gains or at least not much. An MBC allows you to regulate the boost exactly where you want it, but a flash also can do this by reprogramming the ECU to give you the fuel tuning and boost control you want, although you are unable to change it yourself, which is dangerous in case you ever have to use lower octane, get a bad batch of gas, need lower boost in bad weather, or need higher boost for racing.

YOu will spend much more for a Vishnu flash than a Dynoflash, but you won't get any additional gains. Vishnu flashes do make power, but I don't know why your buddy would recommend it over a Dynoflash. I can understand if he tried to argue for the Xede or something, but why the flash? It's nothing special - it just costs more. Add in the fact that buschur absolutely detests the Vishnu camp and Shiv in general, yet works hand-in-hand with Dynoflash should give you something to think about, especially if you trust Buschur. I know you trust his TBE, because it is awesome...

You haven't said it out loud, but it seems you are opposed to an MBC. Is there a reason for that? They work wonderfully and provide direct control of boost. You basically get it free with the package if you add up the prices and account for the free shipping. As long as you go through Buschur, then I'm happy either way, but I'm trying to make sure you get the best bang for your buck, too.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:48 PM

Ok, well remember that an exhaust on a IX without an MBC or flash will not give any power gains. Vishnu has confirmed this, too. The IX ECU is very intelligent and lowers the boost on its own when it detects increased airflow. So, until you get the flash, you won't realize any gains or at least not much. An MBC allows you to regulate the boost exactly where you want it, but a flash also can do this by reprogramming the ECU to give you the fuel tuning and boost control you want, although you are unable to change it yourself, which is dangerous in case you ever have to use lower octane, get a bad batch of gas, need lower boost in bad weather, or need higher boost for racing.
Thanks for the info, but I'm not an Evo ECU newbie.
Unfortunately, I can't afford to do both at once paying cash. The thing that bites is that if I get the flash first, I have to send my ECU off again and have my car parked a second time to have it flashed when I buy the exhaust.
I don't have a second car. Even though my commute is short, I depend on my car. To send the ECU off for a flash is not convenient.
If I could, I'd pay the extra bucks for a piggy back system and just forego the exhaust for awhile, but none are compatible with the IX yet to my knowledge that can control timing and Mivec. So I'm stuck with a reflash. I've been down the AEM EMS route with my last Evo and I'm so not doing that to my IX.
What you're failing to see is that I can put an exhaust on, enjoy almost no gain, but use it to lay a ground work for the upcoming flash. I like Buschur and have bought stuff from them in the past, and have had friends and now a coworker that used Vishnu. The price of the Dynoflash is appealing, but I'll probably get the car custom tuned at one of their tuning events by one of these companies anyway. That way I can get more power and not have to ship my ECU off.

YOu will spend much more for a Vishnu flash than a Dynoflash, but you won't get any additional gains. Vishnu flashes do make power, but I don't know why your buddy would recommend it over a Dynoflash. I can understand if he tried to argue for the Xede or something, but why the flash? It's nothing special - it just costs more. Add in the fact that buschur absolutely detests the Vishnu camp and Shiv in general, yet works hand-in-hand with Dynoflash should give you something to think about, especially if you trust Buschur. I know you trust his TBE, because it is awesome...
As I've said, I've been away. My coworker posts on here, and he's a diehard Vishnu guy and is as passionate about Vishnu as you seem to be about your packages. He's not going to post his opinion in this forum, because I already asked him to. I saw Evom pulled up on our work web computer and thought I should get back in when I met him and rode in his car.

As far as who hates who on this web site, I could give a **** less. I want to pick the parts that are the best for my car, and that's why I'm on here researching.

You haven't said it out loud, but it seems you are opposed to an MBC. Is there a reason for that? They work wonderfully and provide direct control of boost. You basically get it free with the package if you add up the prices and account for the free shipping. As long as you go through Buschur, then I'm happy either way, but I'm trying to make sure you get the best bang for your buck, too.
Yes, I hate MBCs. I had a Blitz SBC on my VIII and I loved it. It never changed in weather.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Ok.

Well, if you aren't too far from Atlanta, Dynoflash will be there in mid-May for custom tuning at TopSpeed.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

how come al got kicked off all the boards
Old Apr 4, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrisalishuss
how come al got kicked off all the boards
What boards are you talking about? He got a 2-week ban here just like Shiv from Vishnu and Dave from Buschur Racing. They all got a 2-week timeout for fighting on the forums, but now everything is back to normal. What other boards are you talking about?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Here's a really basic question that I think would clear up a lot for some of the people asking questions:

A person purhcases and installs all parts of a Buschur Staged upgrade package (either seperately or as the package).

What would result in a better tune overall?

Option #1: Buy the package and get the Buschur tune reflash included.

Option #2: Buy the parts seperately and get custom tuned by Al.