Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Dynoflash Vs Buschur Flash

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A custom tune is always best, so that's not a fair comparison. The Buschur flash is a mail-in flash, so you'd have to compare it to a regular mail-in Dynoflash. The specific FILES that have been created for the BR stages are special and have been tested with hours of dyno and road time. You only get this with the purchase of the BR package. If you buy the individual parts on your own, then purchase a $200 mail-in Dynoflash, you will get a different, more generic file that is based off your combination of mods, but not the specific Buschur flash file.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand all of that.

It is actually a fair comparison, because the costs are similar. If a person has the opportunity (either they live near Al, or he is coming somewhere close to them), they can make a choice - Spend the money on the Buschur flash with their package, or buy the parts seperately and get Al to custom tune it. My guess is that the custom tune is the way to go in this situation, because it is vehicle specific. Would you agree?

So what we are comparing is Parts + Mail in Buschur Flash vs Parts + Al Custom Tune. What's better?

Last edited by rgonyer; Apr 11, 2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

You should pay more when buying the parts separately.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

I didn't ask which was cheaper, I asked which was better - the cost is probably not significant for most Evo owners, for example:

BR Stage 1 including BR specific mail in flash - $1350

BR Stage 1 parts seperately - $1175 + $399 Al Custom tune = $1574

Difference of $224. Worth it?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

I'd get it custom tuned especially with the price difference.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Actually, I'm not asking for myself because I have already decided that I am going with a custom tune, I may mix/match a few parts, but sticking with BR for the most part. It just seems like this is the question a lot of people have been trying to get answered, but have maybe not been asking in an easy to understand way.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

I'm still not sure on the question, because we've answered this in detail like 5 times already in this thread. A custom tune is ALWAYS BETTER than a mail-in flash. It is up to the individual whether they want to pay another $200 or whatever to get a custom tune, and it also depends on if they are even in the vicinity of Al to have the opportunity to get custom tuned.

One other thing is that at least on my Warrtalon packages, we offer an upgrade to a custom tune for an additional $200. 3 people have already opted for that in the 3-4 weeks since we released the package.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
One other thing is that at least on my Warrtalon packages, we offer an upgrade to a custom tune for an additional $200. 3 people have already opted for that in the 3-4 weeks since we released the package.
There is your answer.

Girlie
Old Apr 18, 2006, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Personally, I think a custom tune is great, but it really depends on what you want out of your car. Personally, I want to play somewhat an active role in its development which is why I'm opting for a base flash. I'll have a starting point to base all my additional mods off of including when I upgrade to meth, larger injectors, etc. This is, of course, whenever a patch harness and a piggyback is released to take advantage of the mivec.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

question...does the BR/WT stage 1 flash for the Evo IX include launch control?
also how much boost should I see before I install the forge mbc? sending my ecu tommorrow just wondering what to expect. thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 10:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvolvinEvo
question...does the BR/WT stage 1 flash for the Evo IX include launch control?
also how much boost should I see before I install the forge mbc? sending my ecu tommorrow just wondering what to expect. thanks.
If you request a two step it will be in there

The ecu controlled boost hits just under 19 and tapers to 16 psi