Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Denver Dynoflash Trip - March 4th/5th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006 | 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

I am, but i am very unsure about being able to make the session.. The base is having a war time exercise that weekend and all the week after. It is very very difficult to get leave during that.. I am still arguing it. I hope they will approve my leave or im out 100 dollars.
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 08:56 PM

deposit sent, time slot PM'd

I am ready to go!
Old Feb 7, 2006 | 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evocolorado
deposit sent, time slot PM'd

I am ready to go!
Confirmed.

Only 2 slots left. I hope Pharmd remembers to come back and read this thread, because he wanted a slot for his IX, but never gave a deposit or picked a timeslot. Same with Silvercar who planned on sending a deposit next week, but he may run out of time.
Old Feb 8, 2006 | 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Confirmed.

Only 2 slots left. I hope Pharmd remembers to come back and read this thread, because he wanted a slot for his IX, but never gave a deposit or picked a timeslot. Same with Silvercar who planned on sending a deposit next week, but he may run out of time.
Well im out. My shop chief denied me the leave from work so i cant make it..
So if anyone wants me slot..
Old Feb 8, 2006 | 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ckjeepin
Well im out. My shop chief denied me the leave from work so i cant make it..
So if anyone wants me slot..
Gotta love the Military. I think its BS for an exercise to deny leave. T minus 14 months left for me with a 6 month TDY in there. Back to subject.
Old Feb 8, 2006 | 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_SpeedKing
anyone interested in a mini-meet before the tuning?

Im in let me know where.
Old Feb 8, 2006 | 09:25 AM

evocolorado = Nate
Old Feb 8, 2006 | 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Gotta love the Military. I think its BS for an exercise to deny leave. T minus 14 months left for me with a 6 month TDY in there. Back to subject.
I know really!! Ecspecially since we just went through an ORI and all kinds of BS..
There goes my 100$ deposit anyways... I am still fighting to try and make it but it's like 99% most likely not going to happen
Actually can i get my deposit back, since someone took my timeslot.

Last edited by Ckjeepin; Feb 8, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2006 | 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ckjeepin
I know really!! Ecspecially since we just went through an ORI and all kinds of BS..
There goes my 100$ deposit anyways... I am still fighting to try and make it but it's like 99% most likely not going to happen
Actually can i get my deposit back, since someone took my timeslot.
I think it would only be fair to return your deposit. Military exercise aren't told to the troops till the week before, or of, and in this speical situation a couple weeks before. I just learned yesterday we are having an exercise here starting this Sunday.
Old Feb 9, 2006 | 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

The deposits are non-refundable. That is the risk people take when they send it in before knowing for sure if they will be available. If the slots fill up completely, then CK can get his deposit back.
Old Feb 9, 2006 | 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

I think it would only be fair to return your deposit. Military exercise aren't told to the troops till the week before, or of, and in this speical situation a couple weeks before. I just learned yesterday we are having an exercise here starting this Sunday.
I know, they are being stingy giving me the deposit back, i guess i gotta hope that all the slots fill...
Old Feb 9, 2006 | 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Nothing personal to you Warr but I think thats crap. From the info I gathered he didn't know of the exercise when he sent in his deposit. Way to support the military.
Old Feb 9, 2006 | 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Nothing personal to you Warr but I think thats crap. From the info I gathered he didn't know of the exercise when he sent in his deposit. Way to support the military.
Exactly they didn't tell us about the exercise until monday this week. I just can't see my throwing 100 dollars away..
At the very least give me store credit with dynoflash for a later time.. OR add that towards a ecu mail in flash..
I mean cmon work with me a little.
Old Feb 9, 2006 | 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I am a former Marine, and I didn't cry about it when things came up. I had 4 college classes that I got 0 credit for despite spending all that time and effort with straight As, but then didn't get to do the final, which gave me an incomplete. The college would not let me take it late and get credit. Tough luck - that's how the military operates, and we in the military know that, so we also know not to make commitments that we might not be able to keep.

The deposit is always non-refundable. Everyone knows this, and that is why you don't place one until you know for sure. Things come up for everyone, military or not, but that's the risk you take. Al may give you the deposit back - it has nothing to do with me - but I can only guarantee a refund if the slots completely fill up to include taking over the slot he originally reserved.
Old Feb 9, 2006 | 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I am a former Marine, and I didn't cry about it when things came up. I had 4 college classes that I got 0 credit for despite spending all that time and effort with straight As, but then didn't get to do the final, which gave me an incomplete. The college would not let me take it late and get credit. Tough luck - that's how the military operates, and we in the military know that, so we also know not to make commitments that we might not be able to keep.

The deposit is always non-refundable. Everyone knows this, and that is why you don't place one until you know for sure. Things come up for everyone, military or not, but that's the risk you take. Al may give you the deposit back - it has nothing to do with me - but I can only guarantee a refund if the slots completely fill up to include taking over the slot he originally reserved.
I understand what you are saying and everyone has their own war story. I also understand tht its not your call. I just hope this works out for the best.