Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Anchorage Alsaka Trip - Need decision on date ASAP !

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mvm42699
OK just to clarify that this is the location that the other genetleman had discussed that would be good for us to meet for our tuning session
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:47 PM

I would think so...
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
OK just to clarify that this is the location that the other genetleman had discussed that would be good for us to meet for our tuning session
IS this where we would be doing the Road tuning?

All I Know is that C street is not the place to be doing WOT DAtalogs. I would rather go to the highway and meet up in CArrs in Omaly.

Again we need to have a meet here pretty soon to discuss these things.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

The hampton Inn location is close to C street, minnesota highway, and old seward highway. In addition, close to the airport where there are a few side roads with a good stretch of straight lines. Also, on old seward there is frontage road which tends to have less traffic during all hours. The Hampton Inn is where Al will be staying and is centralized to all above streets.

Last edited by EvOcHaRgeR; Jul 28, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvOcHaRgeR
The hampton Inn location is close to C street, minnesota highway, and old seward highway. In addition, close to the airport where there are a few side roads with a good stretch of straight lines. Also, on old seward there is frontage road which tends to have less traffic during all hours. The Hampton Inn is where Al will be staying and is centralized to all above streets.
fair enough.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Al, if you are looking for something cheaper as far as Hotel stay, let me know.

K, told me around what you may be paying. There is another location that will charge you cheaper and I can check into it for you, and the location isn't that far from the original Hampton Inn choice.

J
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:14 AM

Just a quick note i am going to pay for a base flash on my IX MR can someeon please give me a time and date that this can be done so I can arange for my car to be thier. Thanks Kevin Clark
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You'll have the time and date as soon as everything is set.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:53 AM

Aren't these guys setting up time slots?? I am in Iraq so the sooner I know what day I need to have the car there for a BASE flash then the easier it is for me to get it set up to be there. I would hate to miss it after paying for it because of someone elses poor planning. Thanks. Kevin Clark
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

There is no poor planning. You're getting paranoid. All you have to do is get your car there on either of the tuning days. The dates have already been discussed, and the time doesn't matter - it's just a base flash.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 30, 2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:45 PM

No your right it's not. Obviously you didn't read my whle post because you only commented on the last sentence. So let me refrase this. I need a time to be set so I can have someone in Alaska drive my car to where the tunning is going on. They have a life other than hangging around to get a base flash. Since I am in Iraq I am not available to drive my own car there and wait for a free minute, or hour or however long it may take. So if a time could be set I can tell that someone that they need to be their for the alotted time period to have the work done and leave.

I hope you have not taken my organizational needs for being an ***. So all I am asking is that as the schedules for tunning fill up if someone could post a time for my EVO to be thier it would be nice. Again don't forget I am in Iraq and don't have all that much access to the net. As I am packing up to come home.

So let me pose the question again in a different manner. Could an EVO owner in Alaska let me know a time slot to be thier once the tunning schedule is completed? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Kevin Clark

Last edited by AKEVO8; Jul 30, 2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
There is no poor planning. You're getting paranoid. All you have to do is get your car there on either of the tuning days. The dates have already been discussed, and the time doesn't matter - it's just a base flash.

Wow...well forgive the guy that is in Iraq for being a little paranoid...
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

I still don't understand. Base flashes don't get timeslots. You just show up and get tuned. Everyone else getting a base flash does the same thing. So your buddy may have other things to do - well so does everyone else waiting to get tuned. If you want a custom tune with a specific timeslot, then leave a deposit for one. Otherwise, you just show up during the regular tuning hours to get a base flash, which is always done when Al is between cars or has a free minute. Sometimes, you have to wait for him to finish what he's doing, but you don't just wait all day.

Badevo, you have nothing to do with this, so need to comment. He has no need to be acting like this and can easily get tuned without freaking out about time slots. It's the same for everyone who gets a base flash and has been for 3 years.

I don't see how another Evo owner in Alaska is going to tell you when to show up when they have no idea. Timeslots are only for custom tunes. Base flashes are done in between custom tunes. The timing is almost never exactly on the hour despite the schedule, so you just have to show up and wait your turn. Al knocks out the base flashes quickly between custom tunes. Not even the custom tuned people who PAY FOR THE TRIP with their deposits get to know EXACTLY when they'll get tuned or EXACTLY how long it will take. They show up when it's their timeslot, and if Al is ready, they get tuned. If he's still doing the previous tune, then they wait. A simple base flash does not take priority in terms of timing over a custom tune. I understand you're in Iraq, but that doesn't mean the person bringing your Evo can't wait a little while. Plus, if you just mailed the ECU in, no one would wait for anything or waste any time, and you'd get the same tune. You have multiple choices.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 30, 2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 01:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AKEVO8
No your right it's not. Obviously you didn't read my whle post because you only commented on the last sentence. So let me refrase this. I need a time to be set so I can have someone in Alaska drive my car to where the tunning is going on. They have a life other than hangging around to get a base flash. Since I am in Iraq I am not available to drive my own car there and wait for a free minute, or hour or however long it may take. So if a time could be set I can tell that someone that they need to be their for the alotted time period to have the work done and leave.

I hope you have not taken my organizational needs for being an ***. So all I am asking is that as the schedules for tunning fill up if someone could post a time for my EVO to be thier it would be nice. Again don't forget I am in Iraq and don't have all that much access to the net. As I am packing up to come home.

So let me pose the question again in a different manner. Could an EVO owner in Alaska let me know a time slot to be thier once the tunning schedule is completed? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Kevin Clark
If you want a specific appointment then it is best to arrange a full custom tune at $375 which is for a full hour and a half spot and get the job done properly

As clay has said the base flash customers usually hang out talk wityh other evo owners and we have like a mini car meet going all day when I am tuning

No one has complained about having to wait too long for a base flash to date
Old Jul 30, 2006, 01:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AKEVO8
Just a quick note i am going to pay for a base flash on my IX MR can someeon please give me a time and date that this can be done so I can arange for my car to be thier. Thanks Kevin Clark

Thanks

We will just keep it at the Hampton Inn as with all the business I do with them they usually wont hassel me about cars comming by all day when they discover I am a diamonds elite hilton honors holder. This is why I always stay in those facilities with their 100% money back guarantee I usually leave 100% satisfied and I am at a Hampton Inn more than I am at my home. In this case the price is outrageous but the air fare is also obscene on this trip, I am going this adventure just to be able to say I was in Alsaka and to help spread the good works of Dyno Flash.

Thanks - Al

Quick Reply: Anchorage Alsaka Trip - Need decision on date ASAP !