Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

New Dyno Dynamics Dyno and tuning location - EVENING hours now available!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 07:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Dyno Dynamics Dyno and tuning location - EVENING hours now available!

Live and learn !

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jul 15, 2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

its about time

congrats!
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Didn't you used to talk a bunch of shiat on this dyno because Shiv used it?

Last edited by razorlab; Nov 11, 2006 at 08:03 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! That dyno is awesome for sure. most my tuning has been done on those dynos.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 02:29 AM
Evolved Member

the moon dynos are growing in numbers.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

give al a break as he is recognizing a great tool to offer his customers. we have all made statements in the past that come back around ... so what. great job al keep it up !!
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats Al! Thanks for offering even better services. The Evo community will benefit from this new dyno.

Carlos
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Cmon Bryan.. You know and I know that Al is aware of the Dyno benefits. Because of his unique nationwide tuning service it has been very pratical and realistic for him in the past to tune on the streets. Many shops weren't open on weekends and tuning on the street was very convinient for everyone.

He is now in a newer and higher level, not only he keeps offering a nationwide tuning coverage but also he has a dyno service for local evo members. Lets focus on the positive aspect guys. This is another huge step fordward from this great tuner to strive his best to offers us better quality service.

my .2c

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Nov 11, 2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So where is it located? Stamford?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:11 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by razorlab
The reason why I was laughing about the so called "moon dyno" was two fold

1 - Becuase every dyno claim that was being made was proceeded by a statment add X X X percent to recah dyno jet numbers.

You wont find me making such remarks - the numbers are what they are - period. Its just a tuning tool to use to tune cars.

2 -Becuase the high power claims were never backed up by track times which justified the figures claimed.

In any event- the Dyno Dynamics is a very good dyno and is great for tuning
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Cmon Bryan.. You know and I know that Al is aware of the Dyno benefits. Because of his unique nationwide tuning service it has been very pratical and realistic for him in the past to tune on the streets. Many shops weren't open on weekends and tuning on the street was very convinient for everyone.

He is now in a newer and higher level, not only he keeps offering a nationwide tuning coverage but also he has a dyno service for local evo members. Lets focus on the positive aspect guys. This is another huge step fordward from this great tuner to strive his best to offers us better quality service.

my .2c

Carlos
Carlos - thanks for your thoughts

Just wanted to add that I have been tuning here on the Pruven dyno jet for 3 1/2 years several times a week

the main reasons why I did not go to other dyno centers to tune cars was

1 - That I am unfamilar with other specific dynos and settings and it takes some time to become familair with how to adjust the tunes on various dynos so that the load on the road and the dyno is the same. Early tuning trips on other dynos such as the Agile Dyno Pak and the XX Dyno pak resulted in basically having to re-tune the car from scratch.

2 - Cost - generally I charge $300 - 375 for a 2 hour custom reflash tune - having to rent a stange dyno on a Staurday would significantly increase the cost without any benefit toi the customer.

3 - Results - particularly on 91 octane gas I have always felt that I could obtain a better result with a road tune which gives me the best and most accurate loading to bring out knock as it is encountered in a real operating condition.

4 - Health - many dynos do not have adequate ventilation and staying there for a full day or tuning can lead to head aches and sore lungs.

The new facility I am woking in is state of the art and I already have a lot of practice on it tuning my STI and other Subarus so I know just how to set it up to nearly 100% accurately replicate the load of driving on the road.

Also - they have invested in a very costly fan which flows an amazing amount of air flow.

Finally, the facility is clean (spotless) and staffed with friendly people who love cars and make my customers feel very welcome and allow the customers to have a very enjoyable experience.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

+1 on wondering where the facility is located? Last I knew (which may be WAY outdated) KTR out in Ayer, MA was the only Dyno Dynamics in the northeast. Good to see more people starting to use this dyno as it's great for tuning even though its numbers (who cares about numbers, anyway) are very conservative. I've always said numbers are bragging rights for those who can't drive their car with results Or something...LOL
Old Nov 11, 2006, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by UpstateEVOVIII
+1 on wondering where the facility is located? Last I knew (which may be WAY outdated) KTR out in Ayer, MA was the only Dyno Dynamics in the northeast. Good to see more people starting to use this dyno as it's great for tuning even though its numbers (who cares about numbers, anyway) are very conservative. I've always said numbers are bragging rights for those who can't drive their car with results Or something...LOL

The Dyno Facility is located at

The Shop
321 Westport Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851

The Dyno is only a few weeks old factory certified on 9/28/06

Also - just as an aside - there is another Dyno Dynamics facility which is under construction in Fairfield, CT (they have had their dyno for a year but no building)
Old Nov 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
lol
Old Nov 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

How about some pics of your facility?