Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

'07 STI vs '06 Evo IX - Stage II - dyno comparision

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 03:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aren't the subys allowed to run any turbo while the Evo's are stuck using stock mount/manifold turbo's?

Yeah, should be really close.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian_H
Aren't the subys allowed to run any turbo while the Evo's are stuck using stock mount/manifold turbo's?

if you dont like the rules - dont come
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
if you dont like the rules - dont come
Who's complaining about the rules? Certainly not I. I just think it's pretty obvious who should win.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

This is why I don't get why people are even caring or getting into a pissing match about the STI's...recently all my Subaru friends have been throwing the 11.7 and 12.1 STIs in my face and I respond ok, great...thats where evo's have been for some time, and on less mods...you guys should take it as a compliment that the STI people are so happy to be reaching standard evo times..
Old Mar 22, 2007, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sometimes Im ashamed to be an Evo owner. There are a few of you guys who need to grow the F--k up and stop making fools of yourselfs. I agree that the Evo is a better platform and the Suby is just now starting to catch up but that doesnt mean you have to go around acting like children. Sounds like a few of you are scared of some competition.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
Sometimes Im ashamed to be an Evo owner. There are a few of you guys who need to grow the F--k up and stop making fools of yourselfs. I agree that the Evo is a better platform and the Suby is just now starting to catch up but that doesnt mean you have to go around acting like children. Sounds like a few of you are scared of some competition.
I couldn't agree more with the above said statement. Especially coming from being a former STI owner myself, I enjoy the fact that the Subaru is improving. I could careless if they get faster. I now have an Evo, but god forbid if I ever let myself act like half of the jackasses on this board. Its a simple fact of life that there is always going to be someone faster. Deal with it!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Borti
What made you think I owned an STi? Or represented their community? Just because I can actually approach this discussion without jumping on the fanboy wagon does not mean I am from the other side. Nope, I am above that, and these ****-slinger's here treat a neutral view point the same as a biased one anyways.

Furthermore, he said STi and SRT-4 owners are either too old or too young. I know a bazillion owner's from all different age groups. Since I know an old Evo owner (more than a few actually), doesn't that make his theory bull****? Why does age make a damn difference anyways?

Why do I have to 'know' someone to call them out. I didn't know Hitler...was he a *****? Yep (bad example I know). But there is enough evidence here, displayed in these useless posts, to determine if someone is a deusche bag or not. All these idiots do is ruin EVO owners reputation (the same as STI owners do) with their biased magazine-jockying crap. No one ever thinks to do their own research and actually formulate their own opinions. They constantly regurgitate magazine statements and quotes, and use such as gospel.

Yeah, my mom told me two wrongs do not make a right. She also told me how to deal with morons, and to call someone out for being as such. I'm not going to hide in a corner while FALSE information is thrown back and fourth with no middle-ground in sight. People need to be confronted with their ignorance or they will never grow (mentally).

I am not saying you do or dont own one....the people with STI's have the same love for the car as the Evo people do and I respect that. Rivals yes but when you look at the entire picture we are all in it for the same reason. I know pleanty of people old and young that have purchased Evo's from me and its just not for a certain age group but for people who love the car and the sport of Ralli! Your right some people handle situations differently than what you and I would and sometimes I just ignor them, I like to kill people with kindness that are rude and abnoxious and it gets to them. I hope you all have a good day!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Huh
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Pegasus
I couldn't agree more with the above said statement. Especially coming from being a former STI owner myself, I enjoy the fact that the Subaru is improving. I could careless if they get faster. I now have an Evo, but god forbid if I ever let myself act like half of the jackasses on this board. Its a simple fact of life that there is always going to be someone faster. Deal with it!
+1 ... sad ain't it?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Huh
http://buschurforums.com/forum/showp...20&postcount=1
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Subaru has an unveiling announcement counter on their website. Given Subaru's penchant for surprise ( like the unveiling of the original 300 HP STI that everyone thought would have 265). I wonder if they're going to announce some sick HP in the next version.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow so you do this just so you can make more money tuning subaru's....
No way in hell an sti comes close in power with the stock turbo + bolt ons. Try doing a fair test with equal mods next time. Glad I changed my mind on who is going to tune my car. You can't trust anyone anymore in this community.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:31 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow! handicap the evo so whoever wins is good for the business, evo or suby
money talks it is not just about the evo anymore but who will provide more business to the tuner if you tune both the better did I hear Dinan MB?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

There are a lot of cases where the sti makes more power on the dyno but is still for some reason slower. For example my good friend has an 05 sti w/ aps: tbe, bov, intake and ecutek (dynocomp in az to be specific) flash...he makes 275 on a dyno dynamics and a little over 280 torque. His car feels fast but I raced him when my IX MR was stock and it was dead even from 10mph in first all the way up until 4th where I started to pull away very slowly. Any idea why? The only thing that I thought of was that the small turbo craps out in the top.

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I have here a really interesting dyno sheet for you

This is fresh from my tuning weekend in Ohio at Buschur Racing

The two cars - dynoed same day - same dyno - same style of tuning - same tuner - me

2007 STI - Stage II - stock air box - catted DP - header - cat back exhuast - custom Buschur Flash tuned 20.5 psi peak boost 93 octane

2006 Evo IX - Stage II - Buschur Intake - Buschur 02 Housing - Buschur Turbo back exhuast with high flow cat - custom Buschur Flash tuned 21 psi max boost - 93 octane

if you look at these dyno sheets - it is clear that the STI kicks the Evos butt on the dyno up to just about 7,000 rpms when they draw even

Now with the new 07 STI gears which are even longer than the Evo's gears now - its going to be a very good match at the track - at these street pump gas boost levels I give the upper hand to the STI

However, based upon a lot of experience - going with alcohol injection or race gas and high boost levels the Evo will make up that gap significantly while the STI is almost out of turbo

This comparision shows me that the STI has made up a lot of ground vs the Evo in the past few years the 07 STI is with out a doubt the best one ever

Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
wow, those turbo rules suck

Quick Reply: '07 STI vs '06 Evo IX - Stage II - dyno comparision