Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

'07 STI vs '06 Evo IX - Stage II - dyno comparision

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _007
I feel that Subaru is barely starting to catch up. They are now at a point where they are faster then SRT-4 and Cobalt SS but still years behind EVO. AL and Buschur and everyone else can say whatever they want (sorry if I am to direct). I am not falling for any of this bs. That Subaru that AL lost too was not even a Subaru anymore. They did everything know and un-known to man and barely took the win. They also won because AL, F***D up. I really will not even give a penny on the STI or on anyone else’s opinion about it.

The way I see it STI = KIA.
STI needs to go take they A**** back from SRT-4 and B16 Hondas. For so many years they where spanked, it’s time to go back and get your pride back. Leave us alone until you have a descent proven engine.

CASE CLOSED!!!

By the way 3000ways you ROCK!!!!
Huge homer, you are not playing with a full deck....

Last edited by Blue04; Mar 20, 2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 05:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 195 Likes on 116 Posts
With alot of the responses on here, Evom is starting to remind me of most honda forums.

Last edited by LV///R; Mar 20, 2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm not sure how many times I have to ask this question these days but

DO ANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO READ?

21 psi of boost on pump gas is not extremely weak, most we might see is 22-23 PEAK, the MOST, depends on knock, octane, mods etc.

What part of 290whp/290tq for a good Stage 1 EVO IX don't you guys get? That is good power on our dyno from a Stage 1 EVO, so consider that against my Subi making 291 whp and 390 ft lbs of torque.

It is not an end all to the discussion but the point is the Subaru is now a very good car. Priced great, you can't buy a new EVO for $23,300. The Subaru has power windows, a/c, cruise control at that price. The Lancer is going to finally offer a car comparable to the WRX in 2008, that is going to be a great car too, cheap and easy to mod.

Owning both cars now I have to say they both have great sides to them. You can't sit back, not owning a new Subaru or having experience modding them and say there is no comparison. That's rediculous.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

my IX is peaking 23psi on 91 oct

it boggles my mind that an WRX is putting 20 less whp and more wtq than a stock IX. i've driven the new WRX, and trust me a stock IX will destroy it.

this thread confuses me.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

fusionchicken,

I agree with you. The stock EVO IX does feel much faster. It should a solid 20 more hp, LOTS more power up top where an actual race would happen.

The Subaru is a tune away from being a HUGE HUGE gain over stock. As a matter of fact, if you do nothing to the new Subaru other than fix the problems with the shift points and the car killing power I am going to say it will gain atleast .5 seconds in the 1/4. No tuning, just change that.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 06:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by _007
I feel that Subaru is barely starting to catch up. They are now at a point where they are faster then SRT-4 and Cobalt SS but still years behind EVO. AL and Buschur and everyone else can say whatever they want (sorry if I am to direct). I am not falling for any of this bs. That Subaru that AL lost too was not even a Subaru anymore. They did everything know and un-known to man and barely took the win. They also won because AL, F***D up. I really will not even give a penny on the STI or on anyone else’s opinion about it.

The way I see it STI = KIA.
STI needs to go take they A**** back from SRT-4 and B16 Hondas. For so many years they where spanked, it’s time to go back and get your pride back. Leave us alone until you have a descent proven engine.

CASE CLOSED!!!

By the way 3000ways you ROCK!!!!
You neglect to mention that Subaru came in 1 - 2 - 3 in the last two SCCA t2 national championships - thats road racing with mostly stock cars - I know I was there with evos I had tuned which could not go as fast through the corners

I love Evos - but I also am starting to love Suabrus again

Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its all great and dandy that the WRX and the new STI are about equal...they should be for the price (A fully loaded WRX isnt much less than an evo). Also have fun with all that torque with the WRX tranny david (I know too many people already having trouble with them, dont expect it to take abuse like your evo does). If Subaru is getting sooo much better why did they leave an already weak tranny then put a 2.5L that makes 100 more Foot pounds of torque over the 2.0L when they are tuned? The WRX and STI are alot better but for long term and ease of high horsepower the STI and WRX wont catch the Evo, plain and simple. Seem to me that Al's credibility is becoming less with every posts he makes...but I dont believe thats his fault, he cant do what everybody wants. Also I dont care what car does good at SCCA, different drivers and the amount of factory backing make a huge difference.. I mean hell look at how crappy the Cobalts are but somehow GM dumped a bunch of money into it and slapped a badass driver in it and they are breaking records, anythings possible with enough money. No pun intended to anybody, Im just putting in my 2c
Old Mar 21, 2007, 01:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
seems like most people replying to this thread are not only biased...which is expected because it is an evo forum but they seem insecure that Subaru is finally getting their stuff straight

I had an 05 STi...I loved it but it is certainly no match for my current ix mr...but my buddy has an 07 sti with basic bolt ons and the car is a blast to drive

I really miss all that torque sometimes

I still frequent the suby forums as I love learning about and keep up with both cars...I'm looking forward to future comparisions
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:50 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Why are you guys getting butthurt that the newer Subarus are doing well? Seeing our cousin turbo + AWD cars do well will only make competition more tight!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:03 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Why are you guys getting butthurt that the newer Subarus are doing well? Seeing our cousin turbo + AWD cars do well will only make competition more tight!
yup you're very right by handicapping the evo. Evo Stage I vs 07 STi Stage II= barely squeezed past the evo. next time try the stocker
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:14 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chaotichoax
seems like most people replying to this thread are not only biased...which is expected because it is an evo forum but they seem insecure that Subaru is finally getting their stuff straight

I had an 05 STi...I loved it but it is certainly no match for my current ix mr...but my buddy has an 07 sti with basic bolt ons and the car is a blast to drive

I really miss all that torque sometimes

I still frequent the suby forums as I love learning about and keep up with both cars...I'm looking forward to future comparisions
it is not a biased comparison. it is an erroneous comparison. if you try to read the thread, even buschur admitted that it is running a stage I evo (with problems) vs a stage II 07 STi. no, subaru is not getting it right, it is a rigged comparison that's all it is. 06 evo stock vs 07 STi stock, we know the evo wins. then you try to handicap the evo for marketing purposes that is just lame. If I want an evo vs sti thread, at least make it believable and I will not make a comment. sure the new 07 Sti have made some improvements but don't "fix" the dyno test to prove it when it did not really happen.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

EVO Stage 1 parts from us consist of:

3" turbo back exhaust
BR air filter upgrade
Boost controller
Boost gauge
Boost gauge pod
Reflashed ECU
Package price $1350

Subaru Stage 2 parts from us consist of:

3" turbo back
2.25" uppipe
Cold air intake
Reflashed ECU

Subaru Stage 2 package costs, $1569.

If you compare pricing between the two since it seems like that is kind of the issue here, the Subaru costs a little more to mod. Take into consideration the Subaru package we sell does not come with a boost gauge/pod which is another $85. That would make the Subi $1654 with a boost gauge.

That's a difference of $304.

You could add a few things to the EVO to make it even better for that extra $304. For example, SS 02 housing $199, lower i/c pipe $210 etc.

Also to make sure everyone is clear. The WRX has a very small turbo on it and the numbers posted here in the sheet and mine are NOT possible on the stock WRX turbo. I upgraded to a used stock STi turbo and TMIC for $550. Further adding to the cost of the upgrades. The STi comes with that turbo so no extra cost to modify it.

When taking this into consideration though you must remember that the EVO, even the best one on pump gas on our dyno might see 320 ft lbs of torque with the above Stage 1+ $300 more. The Sti/WRX is making 390 ft lbs. The cars really pull hard down low, like rediculously hard.

I'm pretty certain my WRX right now will run in the high 11's on pump gas. I keep hearing it hasn't been done yet, so we will see....track may be open Sunday.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

Fine! Let’s see what the car does at the track. One thing is that I will never believe anyone when they say that Subaru is good on the track. I seen it time and time again, when professionals drive these cars on the track, the Subaru is always barely hanging on. It’s funny how you AL, in jumping boats. Subaru Handles a little better then a FWD car and is behind most of the dissent AWD cars out there. Let’s not even talk about the handling please. All I want to point out is that the Cobalt SS on RED LINE or STREET TUNER SHOWS only made like 250whp or so and Raped the all mighty Skyline and other AWD cars and why? Because they had a professional driver. People on this and other forums are far from being professional drivers (Including me). I don't want to say anything negative about AMS, Buschur or anyother shop, but lets take the AMS, Buschur and other cars and lets put a professional dirver in them and then see what these cars can do. I would F****G pay to see Montoya or any of the rally drivers drive the AMS or Buschur car only once.

My point is: if you put professionals to drive both of these cars and if you check out 5th Gear and Top Gear, you can see what STI and EVO did. STI Handles like a 1992 Buick and EVO is the real deal.

My other point is: why in the world would EVO need anything bigger then a 20G or slightly bigger turbo when they go on a road course. I have seen some of the EVOs’ and I just think that they are overkill because of the big turbo they use. Unnecessary if you ask me.

STI feels that the END for them is near and they have to pull everything they got because once the new EVO X will arive they are pretty much done. Their UGLY Retarded looking car will not stand a chance in anyway possible.

In the END EVO will always rule.
If you want a stock car on which you never ever will upgrade then go with STI but for that money there are many other cars that I would look into.

Last edited by _007; Mar 21, 2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

damn i hope this thread isnt found by someone from a subbie board. makes evom look like a bunch of whiney fanboys. quit losing sleep over the comparisons and enjoy your car. seriously guys, whats the big deal with the sti finally catching up, or gasp, even eclipsing the evo for a year? everyone, take a deep breath, and relax

besides their car is still uglier
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:10 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jjm4life
damn i hope this thread isnt found by someone from a subbie board. makes evom look like a bunch of whiney fanboys. quit losing sleep over the comparisons and enjoy your car. seriously guys, whats the big deal with the sti finally catching up, or gasp, even eclipsing the evo for a year? everyone, take a deep breath, and relax

besides their car is still uglier
The problem is not that STI is catching up, the problem is that People that where on their knees and with both hand on d**k are now telling us howmuch better a stage 2 2007 STI is better then my Stock EVO. I will have a right after I take a p*** on the STI. Man I wish my buddy did not sell his SRT-4. I would really like to see if the STI could keep up to it

Quick Reply: '07 STI vs '06 Evo IX - Stage II - dyno comparision