Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Official "I got DynoFlashed!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2003, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Official "I got DynoFlashed!" Thread

To centralize and organize many of the people who want to post about getting DynoFlash, this thread is for you.

Rules are simple.
This is the place to discuss your DynoFlash experience, results, whatever.
This is not the place to come to start trouble, troll, say my tuner is better or anything of the like.
Anyone that does troll in here will be warned by default.
This thread will be a sticky at the top of the forum.
This thread will not be a problem for the mods.
To make it real simple, if you like to harass Al or don't like the DynoFlash for some reason or another, then don't even bother reading the thread.
It's that simple.

And finally, this thread is in a Tech Forum so please try to remember the rules regarding informative posts. Often times, threads are drowned in " nice dyno". It's nice to give props to someone, it just gets overbearing sometimes. This thread will eventually become quite large, given the current amount of customers DynoFlash has. Let's just try to keep clean and tidy.

Thanks
timzcat
Old Dec 8, 2003, 10:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the nice thread!

Special thankos for member Wooboos for hosting such a nice Miami experience this past weekend - they have a great Evo community down there for sure and I really wish i would have had my car down there

Dr. Evo questioned about disconecting the battery

I encourage everyone with the Dyno Flash to frequently disconect your battery ANY time you feel you may have picked up a suspect load of gas

Resetting the battery restores the original custom program to its FULL and exact original settings. Over time the ecu MAY possibly PULL small amounts of timing if you pick up weaker octane gas than what we originally tuned your car for.

Although we test each car very very hard to try and bring out some knock activity and verify that the ign timing does not change - - it is very possible thyat a bad load of gas can get your timing to change

The base program is LOCKED in and will not be lost be resetting the battery

I hope that answers the question
Old Dec 9, 2003, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DynoFlash
Thanks for the nice thread!

Special thankos for member Wooboos for hosting such a nice Miami experience this past weekend - they have a great Evo community down there for sure and I really wish i would have had my car down there

Dr. Evo questioned about disconecting the battery

I encourage everyone with the Dyno Flash to frequently disconect your battery ANY time you feel you may have picked up a suspect load of gas

Resetting the battery restores the original custom program to its FULL and exact original settings. Over time the ecu MAY possibly PULL small amounts of timing if you pick up weaker octane gas than what we originally tuned your car for.

Although we test each car very very hard to try and bring out some knock activity and verify that the ign timing does not change - - it is very possible thyat a bad load of gas can get your timing to change

The base program is LOCKED in and will not be lost be resetting the battery

I hope that answers the question
Hey Al,

just curious, but with no more 94 in NY, I usually run Amoco 93 plus two bottles of Turbo 108(the yellow bottle). Everything seems fine, car pulls smoothly, although I got my best gas mileage using one bottle of Jetgo Octane booster. Too bad I cant find it anywhere anymore.

Btw, my car was tuned for 94, and thats why Im runnin octane booster. Does this seem ok to you? What are your thoughts on octane boosters? I know that it may shorten the life of my plugs, as well as my catalytic converter, but any other thoughts or ideas?

Ken
Old Dec 9, 2003, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Al did a great job on the Dynoflash for me. I did the mail in option and looked at the tune with the pocketlogger this past weekend and everything was perfect! Thanks for the good job and quick response Al.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 07:03 AM

Want to know if the dealer will be able to change back to the factory settings or if they leave this alone? What do you do if they reset it? Also, is it detectable?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no, can't tell if you got your car reflashed or set it back to the original program. They might ask "why is your car so fast?" you just say "I got a good one, I guess" lol
Old Dec 9, 2003, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

I got a dyno flash a while back it is prob wanna of the best things for the money especially stage rev and eliminating boost taper.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Just got my ECU back from being Dynoflashed... and WOW, what a difference.

Only had a short time to play with it, due to my car being in storage, but I bet I picked up 50hp (maybe 25whp) from the flash. Car is a completely different beast now, pulls all the way to redline and feels like it wants to keep going.

Can't wait until spring to try it out some more. This has got to be one of the best bang for the bucks around right now.

Al, you did a good job.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:32 AM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Fireball
Just got my ECU back from being Dynoflashed... and WOW, what a difference.

Only had a short time to play with it, due to my car being in storage, but I bet I picked up 50hp (maybe 25whp) from the flash. Car is a completely different beast now, pulls all the way to redline and feels like it wants to keep going.

Can't wait until spring to try it out some more. This has got to be one of the best bang for the bucks around right now.

Al, you did a good job.
Thanks for the nice comments - they mean a lot to me !

BTW - from the best of our indications the dealers are NOT allowed to TOUCH the settings that we change - and would have no reason to do so

ALL 2003 USA evos have the same exact softwear and tune so there would be no reson for the factory to check them out

As the reflash becomes more and more popular it may become possible that factory reps MAY start to try and look for reflashes to void warranties

THEREFORE - we offer a free flash back to stock at any time and encourage everyone to get your car flashed back to stock IF you are in need - - then we can reflash back in your program afterwards
Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:35 AM
Account Disabled

on 94 octane and MTBE - they outlawed MTBE so most of the major gas companies decided to stop blending a 94 octane fuel in the NY area

Now it is a ethenol blended 93 octane which is significantly weaker

If you have a 94 octane mapped car you can bring it to us for a FREE test to see if it needs a re-tune - if you need a re-tune you will be loosing some power and you will have to pay a reduced fee

OR you can simply use ocatne booster as a preventative measure - I like the VP octane booster or NOS - either one is widely available
Old Dec 9, 2003, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

How much is the 91 reflash mail in? and does it hold boost to redline? And also do you get new boost line likw with the works reflash?

Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 06:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by silvrevo
How much is the 91 reflash mail in? and does it hold boost to redline? And also do you get new boost line likw with the works reflash?

Thanks.
There is a X-mass sale till 12/25 $199.99 shipped
Old Dec 9, 2003, 09:39 PM
Account Disabled

The stock ecu is very primative on boost

its a open loop system - there is no feed back or monitoring of the boost level by the ecu

The ecu merely does its thing and the combination of hoses, pills and ecu action produces the stock boost level which genreally makes about 19 psi tapering to 16 psi

We modify the boost by chaging the boost taper function and the ign timing

First - there is a timed delay after which the ecu starts to activate the boost solinoid and reducing the boost - the stock setting is 2.8 secs - - we raise this to 10 mins which effectively eliminates this asepct of boost taper as you will never be on boost for 10 mins straight. This does not raise the peak boost it merely reduces boost taper

Second - we alter the ign timing which also raises the peak boost slightly - this varies depending on the particular car

While we DO have many maps for the AEM intake - its not one of our favorites. The intake that works the best is the HKS suction kit hands down - followed by the bucshur and rmr.

I can accomidate a tune for the aem but its less consistant than the others and hence more difficult to tune well through the mail

Last edited by DynoFlash; Dec 9, 2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I've got the AEM Intake on mine and Al did the mailFlash for me. It runs EXCELLENT! Do yourself a favor, get the Flash. You won't regret it. Besides, he has a 100% money-back guarantee. Although I doubt ANYONE has used it. It is that good.

Last edited by Secret Chimp; Jul 13, 2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 06:07 PM

Question

Given everything that I have read & heard over the last few months, I am certain that I want to get the flash. I live in Oregon, so I'll have to settle for the through the mail flash. I would certainly like to take advantage of the current sale price, however, I would hate to be without the car while it was being done during the holidays, so I may wait till early January. Nonetheless, since I know I am doing this mod sooner or later, I do have a few questions I’d like to get answered.

Does anyone have instructions (with pictures) on removing the ECU?
How long does it take to remove (ballpark)?
Does shipping the ECU require any special packaging to ship safely?

The current mods on my car that would matter in the reflash are as follows:
Perrin 3’catback
Perrin cat delete w/02 simulator
HKS SSQV BOV re-circulating like stock
Turbonetics MBC running currently set for approximately 20psi
I also intend to get either the K&N Typhoon or stock panel replacement

Al, I assume you could easily come up with a flash for the above combo. Also, would you personally suggest using either the new Typhoon or just the stock panel replacement with my set-up (if you don’t mind saying)? Personally, I’m leaning toward the Typhoon, but am not sure of its true performance given its newness on the market and the very limited feedback I have heard at this point.

TIA,
Jason

Quick Reply: Official "I got DynoFlashed!" Thread