Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Al's Return to LA - June/July

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2004, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Base Flash turned out great. Went down to Carlsbad Dragstrip right after to see what the EVO would do. Click below for the results

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91852
Old Aug 1, 2004, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al - I did a thorough test of my custom tune after my 930am Sat appt - car runs like a dream! Pulls stronger in every gear, no boost taper, fuel cut and rev limiter are obviously gone, and the most amazing thing is how smooth and consistent the power curve feels! Thanks again - worth every penny!

BTW, I forgot to ask, what were the rev limiter and fuel cut raised to?
Old Aug 1, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bishiboy
Al, I should have stayed, it would have been cheaper.
I got a ticket following a Z06 and some accura. We were doing 100+.
He only gave me a 78 in a 65. The other two got 85+ in a 65.
I was polite and in the service, plus he liked the Evo
It runs great. I even got better gas milage coming home, 22-23mpg vrs 19-20 on the way there.

The only bad thing about SoCal is the phucking traffic! 2 1/2hrs thru LA!
Thanks, have fun at the SoCal meet, wish I could have been there.

I'm going to try and set up a Phoenix Dynoflash in a couple months.
That's OK bishiboy, I was stopped by a cop on Friday night for going 80 in a 65 and he also gave me fixit ticket for my Borla exhaust stating it was too loud...

Now, I've got to do a swap back to stock so that I can get it signed off...

On a much happier note, Al did a very pro job on the tuning. He knew exactly what he needed to do to my car. It's everything anyone who has had a dynoflash can expect. Smooth and strong torque all the way up to redline. I can't believe I just have a 4banger under the hood.

I was grinning all the way home - until I hit traffic...

Brent
Old Aug 1, 2004, 04:22 PM

Hey Al thanks again for coming out. I'm very impressed with the base flash. After Al did my flash I headed straight to the SoCal meet. The car ran a lot smoother and the power distribution is unbelievable. I noticed some low end torque as well.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 10:53 PM
Account Disabled

I am starting to wonder what is the deal with the cops down in So Cal. We encountered a CHIP's cop on a bike this morning and all I can say is that he was one giant human *****. I was stopped on the side of the road trying to adjust a boost controller. You would think I had just murdered someone with the additude and interogation from this guy.

Just before I was trying to adjust another boost controller in Huntingtion Beach and some HB cop came by and basically treated us like we were low life scum bags.

I did not get any tickets - But still - it made me feel bad. Who wants some rude, arrogent jerk with a hand on his side arm asking you rude questions and treating you like a criminal becuase you are trying to adjust a boost controller?

Its feeling really oppressive the police presence here and also the way they seem to crack down on those with aftermarket modifications. Some customers told me stories that basically turned my gut about how they got tickets for intakes and exhuasts and had to go through emissions hell afterwards.

So Cal is a great place - but the cops need to chil

They treat us car people like we are criminals and - personally - I think there is something really wrong with that

I know you must have heard it before - BUT - why don't the cops go and take some REAL criminals off the street? While they are busting me for tuning cars or you all for having an exhuast . . some low life is out and about selling crack and robbing little old ladies.

On a more positive note - I had a great time here and a lot of the cars I tuned came out really well this weekend !

Congratulations for IS2000 for winning a special dyno flash prize of best appreaing car of the weekend - his car made a very impressive 312 whp at the XS dyno today after i tuned him with a totally smooth and flat power band. I was walking around showing off the dyno sheet to everyone at the so cal evo meet today.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Al,

What mods did IS2000 have? I took the car out for a spin after I got home and I didn't feel that much of a difference compared to the last reflash and my new cams. I'm going to take it to the strip to see what kind of power its putting down. Glad you had a good time out here again, it was nice to see you again.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Al!
The power is truely impressive. Smooth power-curve throughout the rev range with explosive midrange and topend.

ev8sive,
My mods are,
RMR downpipe, catback/ UR 3" cat/ HKS RS intake/ HKS 264/272 cams/ Walbro 255/ Hallman MBC@ 21psi.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome, almost my exact same mods, now I just need your flash
Old Aug 6, 2004, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BLiu
That's OK bishiboy, I was stopped by a cop on Friday night for going 80 in a 65 and he also gave me fixit ticket for my Borla exhaust stating it was too loud...

Now, I've got to do a swap back to stock so that I can get it signed off...

On a much happier note, Al did a very pro job on the tuning. He knew exactly what he needed to do to my car. It's everything anyone who has had a dynoflash can expect. Smooth and strong torque all the way up to redline. I can't believe I just have a 4banger under the hood.

I was grinning all the way home - until I hit traffic...

Brent
Hey all SoCal guys!

If you ever get stopped by the cops for amplified exhaust print out a copy of this link and keep it in the glove box so that you can show it to them...
http://www.cent-21.com/laws/exhaust-us.htm

They should not give you a fixit ticket if you have an aftermarket exhaust. I am off to the CHP station to get it cleared. Will let you know if anyone cares, what my results are...

Brent