current mods:
UR 3" turbo back exhaust
cone filter
HKS circle earth ground kit
B&M shortshift
cusco oil catch can
HKS turbo timer 0
with the ECU upgrade Ill install the warblo fuel pump
IMHO the Dyno Flash advanatges are that it works without flaws or issues - its going to get you 95% of the possible avaialable power immediteley and the power delivery will be ultra smooth and pleasant. There are no wires to cut no extra equipment to install and nothing to learn in order to enjoy it - its plug and play at its best. Two more advantages of Dyno Flash are that it locks in the various fuel maps on thge ecu so they wont change about on you (a significant issues when tuning the fuel curves with a UTEC) - and the Dyno Flash retains the highly regarded factory knock correction functions which are a super good safeguard

The UTEC has some advantages IMHO - in that its fun to play around with (I like playing with ecu stuff - but its not for everyone and if you enter bad data you can harm your engine very quickly)

UTEC is good becuase you can make fast and easy changes with new upgrades - - with the Dyno Flash you have to send in the ecu to me. I guess the tough thing about the utec would be getting someone to make the changes who knows what they are doing or spending enough time to figure it out yourself.

For me the two biggest issues with the UTEC are how to deal with the changing fuel maps in the ecu when you are tuning fuel as apiggy back and also the fact that I prefer the factory knock protection settings,

I hope this has answered your questions
Old May 26, 2004, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by differentstroke
Im looking to upgrade the ECU in someway whether its a dynoflash ot the turboXS
UTEC can someone help me with the pros and cons of both
current mods:
UR 3" turbo back exhaust
cone filter
HKS circle earth ground kit
B&M shortshift
cusco oil catch can
HKS turbo timer 0
with the ECU upgrade Ill install the warblo fuel pump
Pros for DYNOFLASH

For $199.99 you will have car that pulls in all gears with large improvement in torque and safe margin of saftey in the top-end. If you get a Waldro fuel pump AL can make your car more powerful in the top end. I saw a car this weakend with no cat and turboback exhaust, and DYNOflash run 12.81 at 108MPH with almost the same mods you have in hot weather. Not bad for car with minumal mods. What is even better is that AL has 100% satisfaction guarantee

Last edited by snoop; May 26, 2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old May 26, 2004, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Guys I really apprecate the info I think Im giong to start with the dnyoflash and if I dont like it(which is unlikely) THEN Ill get the UTEC if someone can point me in the right direction on where to go to make this happen it who help I live on long island and someone I met at DPA(deer park ave) that said theres a place in conn. where I can get the warblo fuel pump and the dynoflash done please help

Adam
Old May 26, 2004, 08:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by differentstroke
Guys I really apprecate the info I think Im giong to start with the dnyoflash and if I dont like it(which is unlikely) THEN Ill get the UTEC if someone can point me in the right direction on where to go to make this happen it who help I live on long island and someone I met at DPA(deer park ave) that said theres a place in conn. where I can get the warblo fuel pump and the dynoflash done please help

Adam
You can call me anytime at 203-515-4110

I do the installs at www.pruvenperformance.com and thats also where we do the dynoing work - IF you choose to get the custom tuned Dyno Flash (highly recomended) - otherwise the base flash can be done via fed ex or in person