Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Biggest event ever - 9/11/04 STI & WRX vs. EVO - the Ultimate Showdown - Englishtown!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2004, 08:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evokiller
too bad you can't read and comprehend. i did say i was running 3 cylinders, hence the 12.1sec time. the car can run 11s with the stock block, the only problem the day i ran was faulty injector wiring, not the block itself.

also got a bigger turbo and replacing my stock 2.25" midpipe which kill my times. but i didn't come here to brag about my car, only to quell your suby-hating bonfire.

for a car that's $4-5K less than an Evo8 in my area, that's pretty damn good. that is unless of course, you're so completely brainwashed by Al's suby-bashing that you can't form any sort of objectivity.
I think that the real issue with the inability of the EVO and WRX crowds to comprehend each other has to do with the mind sets of the two diferent camps.

For example - to be bragging about how fast you can go on 3 cylinders - thats a typical slowbaru statement

Evos are fast enough we dont have to make excuses
Old Oct 1, 2004, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I think that the real issue with the inability of the EVO and WRX crowds to comprehend each other has to do with the mind sets of the two diferent camps.

For example - to be bragging about how fast you can go on 3 cylinders - thats a typical slowbaru statement
hehehe....again, i wasn't bragging. i was being asked how fast my car was. so i answered.

Evos are fast enough we dont have to make excuses
riiiight.

you're the king of excuses Al. do you seriously want me to go thru each of your nasioc excuses when you challenged ESX at last yr's east coast shootout??

right now we've got an Evo8 guy in nasioc, blubyou2 (AKA evo8power, who got banned form here as well) who has nothing but excuses. "oh my car was untuned." "oh my synchros weren't working." "oh my dynoflash is losing power"

excuses are like a-holes, and Al has more than 1.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 07:06 AM

too bad you can't read and comprehend. i did say i was running 3 cylinders, hence the 12.1sec time. the car can run 11s with the stock block, the only problem the day i ran was faulty injector wiring, not the block itself.

also got a bigger turbo and replacing my stock 2.25" midpipe which kill my times. but i didn't come here to brag about my car, only to quell your suby-hating bonfire.

for a car that's $4-5K less than an Evo8 in my area, that's pretty damn good. that is unless of course, you're so completely brainwashed by Al's suby-bashing that you can't form any sort of objectivity.
Now I think you're the one making excuses. Sorry to add fuel to the fire guys but I ripped my buddies '05 STi in my '99GSX with 15psi on a larger turbo without any kind of "race" ensuing. I was at 20psi on the same turbo (60 Trim ETE42) and I had a stock black EVO right with me from a roll...Also, in Philly where there are tons of EVO/STi runs, the EVO's just seem to get off the line much more quickly and almost ALWAYS win. Most of them are bone stock down there too. Subaru clearly made a mistake in not going five-speed. I dont know if this was said but apparently the Subaru STi automatically loses .3 seconds on each run solely due to the short gearing. I can dig up the article if the troll comes back and wants to challenge this.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteGSXOwner
Now I think you're the one making excuses. Sorry to add fuel to the fire guys but I ripped my buddies '05 STi in my '99GSX with 15psi on a larger turbo without any kind of "race" ensuing. I was at 20psi on the same turbo (60 Trim ETE42) and I had a stock black EVO right with me from a roll...Also, in Philly where there are tons of EVO/STi runs, the EVO's just seem to get off the line much more quickly and almost ALWAYS win. Most of them are bone stock down there too. Subaru clearly made a mistake in not going five-speed. I dont know if this was said but apparently the Subaru STi automatically loses .3 seconds on each run solely due to the short gearing. I can dig up the article if the troll comes back and wants to challenge this.

making excuses? i ran 12.1 secs on a stock wrx block! that's only 3 tenths slower than what Al ran on his STi. given how sihtty the car was running and yet running that fast...how is that making excuses? unless you're completely clueless.

as for subaru going with a 6speed instead of a 5....the 6 speed gearing is intended for rallying, not drag racing. you do know, this car was based on rally racing right?

subaru's mistake is not on the 6 speed, it is on the semi-closed deck block, hyperutectic pistons, and smaller cylinder heads.

regardless, a rebuilt sti engine (ESX) vs. a rebuilt evo8 engine (turbo trix), clearly shows the rebuilt sti as the winner so far.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteGSXOwner
I can dig up the article if the troll comes back and wants to challenge this.

this is rich!! you're calling me a troll? i've been here a year longer than you have and more posts than you...and i'm the troll???

you have teh funnay.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

making excuses? i ran 12.1 secs on a stock wrx block! that's only 3 tenths slower than what Al ran on his STi. given how sihtty the car was running and yet running that fast...how is that making excuses? unless you're completely clueless.

as for subaru going with a 6speed instead of a 5....the 6 speed gearing is intended for rallying, not drag racing. you do know, this car was based on rally racing right?

subaru's mistake is not on the 6 speed, it is on the semi-closed deck block, hyperutectic pistons, and smaller cylinder heads.

regardless, a rebuilt sti engine (ESX) vs. a rebuilt evo8 engine (turbo trix), clearly shows the rebuilt sti as the winner so far.
Comparing a rebuilt 2.5L to a rebuilt 2.0L is kind of like comparing an EJ257 to a 2JZ Supra 3.0L.

Clearly, the Supra is the winner here.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63>OOOO
Comparing a rebuilt 2.5L to a rebuilt 2.0L is kind of like comparing an EJ257 to a 2JZ Supra 3.0L.

Clearly, the Supra is the winner here.

that it settles it then. a rebuilt sti engine vs. a rebuilt evo8 engine means the sti engine wins.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why don't you head down to AMS and challenge some of there evo's?
Old Oct 17, 2004, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
why don't you head down to AMS and challenge some of there evo's?

umm...because i don't have a shop-sponsored car.

i have probably spent 1/5th of the cost that they have put into their Evo8s. hehehe...maybe even less. why don't you give me $15K and i'll go ahead and do that?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:47 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
umm...because i don't have a shop-sponsored car.

i have probably spent 1/5th of the cost that they have put into their Evo8s. hehehe...maybe even less. why don't you give me $15K and i'll go ahead and do that?

Please. We have had more "My car is faster for less money" arguments than you can imagine. If that is your only point ..... you made it. If you just want to stir the pot, please post somewhere else. Thanks.

Speedlimit...
Old Oct 18, 2004, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Please. We have had more "My car is faster for less money" arguments than you can imagine. If that is your only point ..... you made it. If you just want to stir the pot, please post somewhere else. Thanks.

Speedlimit...

nah. my point was you put the fastest evo8 and the fastest wrx in a race and the winner, as it stands today, is the wrx.

i don't have any qualms racing AMS's evo8, but then what would you say if i told you to go race ESX's wrx?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 03:45 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
nah. my point was you put the fastest evo8 and the fastest wrx in a race and the winner, as it stands today, is the wrx.

i don't have any qualms racing AMS's evo8, but then what would you say if i told you to go race ESX's wrx?
That was not the case at E-town and that is the subject of this thread. The WRX's and STI's where beat quite convincingly in a sportsman's heads up. Please post your "fastest Evo versus fastest WRX" in the other car forum.
Thanks.

Speedlimit....
Old Oct 18, 2004, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Too bad ESX's car is so fast that it doesn't move on its own power.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63>OOOO
Too bad ESX's car is so fast that it doesn't move on its own power.

yeah, Hurricane Frances pushes it down the quarter mile everytime.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
That was not the case at E-town and that is the subject of this thread. The WRX's and STI's where beat quite convincingly in a sportsman's heads up. Please post your "fastest Evo versus fastest WRX" in the other car forum.
Thanks.

Speedlimit....

Well said!

Quick Reply: Biggest event ever - 9/11/04 STI & WRX vs. EVO - the Ultimate Showdown - Englishtown!