Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Biggest event ever - 9/11/04 STI & WRX vs. EVO - the Ultimate Showdown - Englishtown!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TearItUpSports
Not trying to be negative, because this event is great, but isn't it safe to assume that the fastest car at the track probably already has an aftermarket exhaust? Maybe a gift certificate to buschur would be more useful.
lol, very good point
Old Aug 6, 2004, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Our car has a muffler .. and it welds on ..no screwing involved ..

mark
turbotrix

Fantastic.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 04:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TearItUpSports
Not trying to be negative, because this event is great, but isn't it safe to assume that the fastest car at the track probably already has an aftermarket exhaust? Maybe a gift certificate to buschur would be more useful.
I appreciate your input.

All I can say is this . . . . I won a door prize at another race event this year that consisted of a flame decal kit for a 1996 Chevy Camaro (I kid you not - I still have the box saved)

Two thoughts - 1 - Its nice to win prizes - and its great when vendors put up prizes. I hope that all our members and partipants will remember which vendors made the effort to give us something decent of value for prizes when it comes time to choose a vendor for your next purchase.

2 - If you dont need that particular prize you can always sell it on these forum and recover the cash. I am guessing in this case Buschur is hoping that the fastest cars will toss what ever exhuast they have and get the superior Buschur unit

You could always just give the prize away to a buddy who needs it - wouldn't that be nice ?

So far we already have some great prizes put together and we have more prizes in store

By the time the event comes around we are going to have a whole lot of great stuff to give out and people who attend will be very happy
Old Aug 6, 2004, 04:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mikesevo8

Fantastic.
All participants whould keep in mind that street driven or street class rules requires more than a set of tires and a muffler

All concerned should consult the NHRA Sport RWD class rules in the NHRA sport compact rule book for more specifics

I will say this - as we draw closer to the event - IF people like ESX with the 9 sec WRX or the guys from Wasabi in Texas with a 10.4 second WRX decide to show up - then I may convince tha track to open a second head's up class for race cars which would fit into more of a modifed class rules

There has also been some suggestion of opening the contest to a DSM vs. Subaru format - although I personlly am more interested in seeing the Evo vs. STI and WRX

Sadly - so far it seems that although the evos are eager and willing to participate in this event, the WRX's and STI;s - AT LEAST so far have been mostly hot air and talk. As we draw closer to the event will we see if there is even a serious Subaru presence to compete for the title ??????????
Old Aug 6, 2004, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe you should start by offering some subies prizes. Seems like every prize is for an evo. Get some Subie sponsors and I bet more of them will participate.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 04:57 PM

Talking

Count me in, i should have a roll cage in by then
Old Aug 6, 2004, 05:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoJimbo
Maybe you should start by offering some subies prizes. Seems like every prize is for an evo. Get some Subie sponsors and I bet more of them will participate.
What are you talking about ?

Half of the prizes are specifically for WRX's - there is a Exedy Twin Disk clutch and Hyper single - if a WRX or STI wins they will get the appropriate clutch for their car

AND there is a Buschur exhuast system for the fastest subaru

I don't know about you but a $1300 plus clutch and a $900 exhuast seems like a good pay off to me

also - more prizes will be added later !
Old Aug 6, 2004, 05:55 PM
Account Disabled

Another great development - I was just talking with a Nascar race team which may attend with thier Busch Series North Nascar race car. I will provide more information on this next week
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
All participants whould keep in mind that street driven or street class rules requires more than a set of tires and a muffler

All concerned should consult the NHRA Sport RWD class rules in the NHRA sport compact rule book for more specifics

I will say this - as we draw closer to the event - IF people like ESX with the 9 sec WRX or the guys from Wasabi in Texas with a 10.4 second WRX decide to show up - then I may convince tha track to open a second head's up class for race cars which would fit into more of a modifed class rules

There has also been some suggestion of opening the contest to a DSM vs. Subaru format - although I personlly am more interested in seeing the Evo vs. STI and WRX

Sadly - so far it seems that although the evos are eager and willing to participate in this event, the WRX's and STI;s - AT LEAST so far have been mostly hot air and talk. As we draw closer to the event will we see if there is even a serious Subaru presence to compete for the title ??????????
Wow i didnt know this was a NHRA sanctioned event, I guess i'll have to re-read the first post. I thought it read ...

There will be two classes - all limited to street driven vehicles on DOT approved tires
Why pick NHRA , why not IDRC , or NOPI .. I had no idea nhra was coming out. This will be awesome. Maybe we are changing the rules as we go. Next thing ya know there will be a class for Silver Evo's with skulls .. Run what ya brung ..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
will there be a prize for the bracket racers?
if so what are we talking? same deal as the fastest car in the heads up?
Old Aug 6, 2004, 07:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Wow i didnt know this was a NHRA sanctioned event, I guess i'll have to re-read the first post. I thought it read ...

Why pick NHRA , why not IDRC , or NOPI .. I had no idea nhra was coming out. This will be awesome. Maybe we are changing the rules as we go. Next thing ya know there will be a class for Silver Evo's with skulls .. Run what ya brung ..

Mark
Turbotrix
I think NHRA gets the nod in this intance as it is after all a NHRA track.

It was not I who set the limitation of street type vehicles - it was the track officials in giving the paramaters of what kind of event they would allow.

The other event they are running that day is listed as follows on the www.racewaypark.com web site

"Street Wars 3. High Tech Import VS. U.S. Muscle. Open 9AM. Eliminations 2 PM. Street Muffled vehicles only"

Notice the "STREET MUFFLED VEHICLES ONLY"

I believe after attending the recent public hearings on noise issues at the track that the limitation of the street vehicles has to do more with legal issues than the racing format

Also - I draw your attention to the following that I had to say in the first post on this thread annoncing this event - which was the 1st thing I had to saw about the event

"There will be two classes - all limited to street driven vehicles on DOT approved tires"

I referenced the NHRA rules as they are a guidline of what is a "street class vehicle" whcih can be driven on public highways.

I have been 100% consistant about the rules for this event

Finally - the great DSM shootout which is run by Buschur Racing has similar rules for both the Evo 8 heads up class and the Evo 8 bracket class

This info can be found on the Buschur Racing forms

"EVO Eliminator. (EE) This is for the more modified Evolutions. Sheetmetal intakes, big turbos, headers, huge FMIC kits. Whatever, just remember, it still must remain a street car and have a full interior and such. Gut your EVO and you run in the Quick 16 class, if you can qualify"

Its silly to find yourself in the situation where you are unable to enter the true street classes, Sport RWD class and street tire classes and also not be able to enter Evo eliminator at the DSM shotout and then cry foul becuase this race is following the same rules

In every form of racing there are rules. If "run what you brung" was allowed then we could put an evo body on John Force's drag car and run 5 second passes. This particular eent we are having is limited to street driven vehicles and again that is a requirement of the track.

In conclusion while your car in its present configuration will not be allowed to compete in this event as it is not legal within the definition of street class - - you are free to modify it to meet the rules and compete OR bring another Evo which does quailfy as a street car. I note in this regard that the ESX WRX that goes 9.40 in the 1/4 (when it does not break) is fully NHRA Sport RWD legal as a street driven vehicle and meets all those NHRA rules

Also - as I posted above we are working on the posibility of a third class for race vehicles or exhibition

Last edited by DynoFlash; Aug 6, 2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
will there be a prize for the bracket racers?
if so what are we talking? same deal as the fastest car in the heads up?
Mark - read again

There are the same exact prizes so far for both the braket and heads up class

1st place in EACH class gets a exedy twin disk clucth - two total clutches

and 2nd place in EACH class gets a edexy hyper single clutch - two total clutches

In addition the exhuasts go to the fastest cars which may or may not be the winners.

Also - additional prizes are comming from other vendors

Also door prizes are already listed which you can win even without racing at all

Last edited by DynoFlash; Aug 6, 2004 at 07:15 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

I Am So There!!! :d
Old Aug 6, 2004, 08:53 PM
Account Disabled

1- Dyno Flash
2 - Ams Evo 8
3 - Tommy a/k/a Ferraro Kid - world premere of his amazing built evo
4 - FImotorsports evo
5 - Rebelzx evo
6 - Metaphysical evo
7 - Diffentstroke evo
8 - Evo Jimbo evo
9 - Philly Evo evo
10- DrEvo evo
11- Rollaway evo
12- Huscroft evo
13- Evo8power evo
14- Badazzcr evo
15- Willie - da boss ! evo
16- Daevo1 evo
17- XME evo
18- Rez90 evo
19- Illrunya's evo aka Kenny
20- SuperHatch
21- EVOLUTION/RC51(Darth Paul)
22- Evomiz
23- Memo
24- Mikesevo8 evo
25- Turbotrix Evo 8
26- twan
27-4g63>0000
28- Dontecolepepper
29- WRX Kila
30- Roadace
31-Zerofrost

Last edited by DynoFlash; Aug 7, 2004 at 06:39 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Al can I do the race and the car show or do you have to pick one....... Just got my car back tonight LOOKS great still has a few littlel things to do....but nothing major.

Last edited by PHILLY EVO; Aug 6, 2004 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Biggest event ever - 9/11/04 STI & WRX vs. EVO - the Ultimate Showdown - Englishtown!