Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

10.594 @ 137.30

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2004, 05:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IE Evo
Now that you got real tuning help the script flips again. What happened to when you get 10s and you want to keep it as a daily street car/not a full blown race car.Fastest daily driven street car that is reliable. Know you post that with the Aem it is a full blown racecar and that is why a Dynoflash is not sufficient. Also you run 10.5 but put in their how you are better than t-trix cause you have AC,power steering etc and no Nos. Cograts on the time and great driving but dude you are so Schitzophrenic it is ridiculous. I remember when Works announced their original brainflash and you said that it was a waste of money for several reason. Well you flipped the script on that one in a big way. Whatever benefits you or makes you feel/look good is the way you go. Whats the flavor of the day going to be tomorrow. Yeah right the way you got your car set-up know does not hinder its overall racing capabilities. It is still an overall car like the Evo was intended to be and you have proven at road courses. Good run Al I just wish you were a lil more consistent; it is likely to make more people doubt your integrity.

modertators get this snail outa here, go live with Shiv....were trying to have a moment with Al after his great runa nd your ruining it for us!!
awesome Al, i personally saw the run and he spun the **** out of first gear and when it hit second the car *** end squatted and it was liek a rocket ship, was gone, the whole crowd was yelling and screaming saying they never thought there was 10 second evos!!! then i ran my 13.1@107 i let of after 3rd gear, both 3rd and 4th gear synchros are toast, couldnt shift, i did a mean awd burnout in the pits though.....see ya on the 4th Al!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

awesome. Look forward to seeing the car when you come down to DC in Sept...
Old Aug 29, 2004, 06:38 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Now that you got real tuning help the script flips again. What happened to when you get 10s and you want to keep it as a daily street car/not a full blown race car.Fastest daily driven street car that is reliable. Know you post that with the Aem it is a full blown racecar and that is why a Dynoflash is not sufficient. Also you run 10.5 but put in their how you are better than t-trix cause you have AC,power steering etc and no Nos. Cograts on the time and great driving but dude you are so Schitzophrenic it is ridiculous. I remember when Works announced their original brainflash and you said that it was a waste of money for several reason. Well you flipped the script on that one in a big way. Whatever benefits you or makes you feel/look good is the way you go. Whats the flavor of the day going to be tomorrow. Yeah right the way you got your car set-up know does not hinder its overall racing capabilities. It is still an overall car like the Evo was intended to be and you have proven at road courses. Good run Al I just wish you were a lil more consistent; it is likely to make more people doubt your integrity.
IE - My car remains 100% streetable and functional as a car you can get in an drive anywhere - anytime. It has the Brembo brakes - full stock suspension and climate control with a/c - power steering etc.

I don't know what you are insinuating with your hating, negative posts, I dont get your point.

I don't see how I am being inconsistant - I am doing the same EXACT thing I have been doing for 4 years now since I got my original WRX.

What exactly would you have me do in my drag racing hobby to become "more consistant?"

BTW - if you question what it is about my EVO that sets it apart as a true Street Driven Daily Driver - I suggest you read the wonderful cover feature in Turbo Magazine which features on these points.

Of course it would have been nice had I was making the same power and times back 4 months ago when they shot the magazine article - but I am just happy that I came a long way in 4 months.

IE - please take your underanded, hating atacks to the Vishnu section of the forums. It is there where guys like you put air temp sesnosrs on down pipes to make bragging whp claims. I perfer to verify my dyno sheets with time slips - I am sorry that I can not be as full of integrity as those who falisfy dyno numbers.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Al, it's just great to see your car in the mid 10's! You drive one of the best looking evo's out there!

DYNOFLASH!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 09:27 AM

137 Miles an hour, no nitrous, wow. Is this the AMS GT35R RL kit?
Old Aug 29, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al,
I.E.'s been on quite the rampage lately. He's my buddy and hopefully he will tone it down before he gets banned on Evom. We all get bent out of shape now and again.

I am genuinely impressed with your results. Congrats!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ASTROEVO
so ...does your car run dynoflash?......my question still isnt answered?
No, I believe his car uses the AEM EMS. Don't trip over nobody answering your questions, I have asked many questions (some dumb, but many legit) and not had them answered. Then I do a search and quickly find the answer and realize the question has been asked a thousand times.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Al does run the AEM EMS because it is a better tool to manipulate all the possible functions of aftermarket turbos then a reflash would be. Yes a reflash would run the AMS kit...but not to the fullest
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Hey, Wasn't your Evo in TURBO??? Did you run @ Atco this weekend? If you did I am goin to kick myself in the ***. Congrats on the run. Sounds like you have an amazing car. I can't seem to get my s13 to run anything more than a 13.2. Congrats again.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

from what i have gathered, the dynoflash will be good for between 400-440 awhp. the stock MAF really starts to be restrictive at this point. I know Al did flash a car with a buschur kit and made about 440 with the flash.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SuperchargedGTZ
from what i have gathered, the dynoflash will be good for between 400-440 awhp. the stock MAF really starts to be restrictive at this point. I know Al did flash a car with a buschur kit and made about 440 with the flash.
Basically - the reflash and a sytand alone have very different functions and are intended for relaly different users

Let me assert my own opinion on this subject

- Reflash - best suited for a person doing bolt on modifications to a stock block car making less than 450 whp and wants to retain 100% stock like driveability and function. Wants a set it and forget it solution at a low cost and with zero maintenance.

- Standalone - best suited for someone who likes tuning all the time - comparing data logs and trying to make the car work as well as possible. Has many driveability and cold start issues which can take time to work out. Unlimited whp potential - higher cost and more maintenance required.

In conclusion - foer 90% of the evo owners out there a reflash will get you 95% of the power and performance you are looking for while keeping it a simple plug n play solution with zero hassels
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats again AL. We knew you would do GREAT things with the kit

Eric
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:35 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Congrats again AL. We knew you would do GREAT things with the kit

Eric
Thank you !

This is only the begining - I seriously see the car going 9.99 @ 140 without NOS

I just need a few more modifications to get that extra 75 whp on top
Old Aug 30, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Well Al,

I must admit, that is an awesome time without Nos! By the way, which tires were you running again? I remember you said they weren't slicks..

Thanks,
Terry S
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:03 AM
Account Disabled

Toyo RA 1 255 40 17

Quick Reply: 10.594 @ 137.30