Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

10.594 @ 137.30

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2004, 08:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10.594 @ 137.30

I had some amazing results today with my first and only full pass down the strip in competition with my new Gt35R turbo kit

All I can say is that the car is getting seriously fast !

Here is the time slip

60' 1.638
330' 4.607
1/8 6.938
MPH 103.40
990 8.885
1/4 10.594
MPH 137.30

Run done at 2:00 p.m. on a bright sunny day with high summer temps

I parked it for the day after this run as I am solidly qualified for the NOPI race tomorrow and I will wait for the eliminations to try and best this time

Here are the things which I think make my times very satisfying for me

Radial DOT tires - 17 " rims - stock Evo Brembo brakes
A/C - power steering - 3" Buschur Exhuast
NO NOS!

Weight 3350 lbs with driver

I feel there is more speed in this car due to the low boost I was running - a LOT of room for more power.

I can start to seriously imagine a TRUE street evo that goes 9.99 at 140 mph in the 1/4 mile !

I wanted to say special thanks to the follwing for helping me and advising me along the way

Pruven Performance and Dan Cokic for helping me set up the new turbo set up with welding, fabricating and help with the dyno tuning

Dave Buschur for making my AEM base map which I have been using with great success for the past few weeks

AMS for selling me the killer turbo kit

TOYO tires for the great tires

Exedy Clutch for great technical assistance and guidance in getting a streetable clutch that can lay down these kind of crazy times without breaking driveline parts

Sean Ivey for telling me to throw my HKS turbo kit in the trash can months ago ! (should have listened earlier but I am stubborn)

Frankly and honestly - I never thought I could go this fast! A little over a year and a half ago I was trying tro go 11's. Two weeks ago I was happy to go 10's which I had really thought was as fast as I wanted to go with a street car on radial tires. Now I have 9's in my targets - realistically and without Nitrous and on a real steet car with radial tires.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Aug 28, 2004 at 08:21 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

That is AWESOME Al...congrats!!! I want a ride bro!!! LOL

Didn't know if you saw this one as well... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96039
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

congrats AL! Can you give us comparison between the AMS GT35R and the custom HKS 3040 turbo kit you had?
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:29 PM
Account Disabled

The kits make the same whp and spool up on pump gas and normal boost levels

However as you start to go over 25 psi the GT35R really starts to come alive and out shine the HKS set up which is restricted by a smallish turbo inlet flange and smallish turbo ehuast wheel

Less back pressure with the GT35R at high boost means more whp and the ability to tune more agresive without knock - even more power
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Congrats again Al..
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

I betcha you can smell the 9's
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

DynoFlash - awesome work!

Do you think the GT35R would be a good street turbo at around 21-22 psi on 91 octane?

I'm looking into the AMS GT35R myself.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats again AL!!!!!!!
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

mid tens not bad congrats few more tunes and you might be hanging with turbotrix
Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow mid 10s in a 3350 car. nice work
Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

so.....your car is using s dynoflash?
Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Now that you got real tuning help the script flips again. What happened to when you get 10s and you want to keep it as a daily street car/not a full blown race car.Fastest daily driven street car that is reliable. Know you post that with the Aem it is a full blown racecar and that is why a Dynoflash is not sufficient. Also you run 10.5 but put in their how you are better than t-trix cause you have AC,power steering etc and no Nos. Cograts on the time and great driving but dude you are so Schitzophrenic it is ridiculous. I remember when Works announced their original brainflash and you said that it was a waste of money for several reason. Well you flipped the script on that one in a big way. Whatever benefits you or makes you feel/look good is the way you go. Whats the flavor of the day going to be tomorrow. Yeah right the way you got your car set-up know does not hinder its overall racing capabilities. It is still an overall car like the Evo was intended to be and you have proven at road courses. Good run Al I just wish you were a lil more consistent; it is likely to make more people doubt your integrity.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

I always wanted to see a stock ecu driven 10 second evo but what gets the job done and what one wants are two different things. I personally give Al the thumbs up for simply getting the job done.

bryan

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Now that you got real tuning help the script flips again. What happened to when you get 10s and you want to keep it as a daily street car/not a full blown race car.Fastest daily driven street car that is reliable. Know you post that with the Aem it is a full blown racecar and that is why a Dynoflash is not sufficient. Also you run 10.5 but put in their how you are better than t-trix cause you have AC,power steering etc and no Nos. Cograts on the time and great driving but dude you are so Schitzophrenic it is ridiculous. I remember when Works announced their original brainflash and you said that it was a waste of money for several reason. Well you flipped the script on that one in a big way. Whatever benefits you or makes you feel/look good is the way you go. Whats the flavor of the day going to be tomorrow. Yeah right the way you got your car set-up know does not hinder its overall racing capabilities. It is still an overall car like the Evo was intended to be and you have proven at road courses. Good run Al I just wish you were a lil more consistent; it is likely to make more people doubt your integrity.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 01:17 AM
Evolving Member

who cares

I for one don't think we need to be judging Al's integrity, I mean he is a lawyer right? And who in their right mind would judge a lawyer's integrity No offense Al. I think that Al has a lot of happy dynoflash costumers across the states, and he's built a car that runs mid tens and traps almost 140mph, I don't care who you are, if you don't have a car or the ability to do better, I think you should keep your mouth shut and give props where they're desereved.

Great job Al, and good luck on 9's

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Old Aug 29, 2004, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome job man...
Can't wait for the 9s...

Memo

Quick Reply: 10.594 @ 137.30