Notices
E85 / Ethanol This section is dedicated to tuning with ethanol.

New Movie about Ethanol

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Movie about Ethanol

FREEDOM has the power and energy to change your mind and the world.

Documentary film clears up confusion about ethanol and makes a compelling case for it as an oil alternative.

http://www.westseattleherald.com/201...ange-your-mind

http://redgreenandblue.org/2011/08/1...-in-new-movie/
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
I'm going to the screening in Berkeley tomorrow (Thursday)
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bryan, please post up a review...

Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Found a great review on-line. Movie sounds terrific, especially considering it was done by eco freaks. Interesting to see 'children' of Al Gore promoting Ethanol. This could perhaps be a game changer for E85 use.

DVD is on order.

Web site:
The Freedom Film

Cross country screening tour:
The Freedom Screenings

E85 powered tour bus:
The Freedom Bus

Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

It's been over a month and I still have not received that DVD. Can I get a mod to look into this please? After all, I did find out about this DVD on this forum.

Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Jim,

The DVD is not out yet, that is why you have not received it.

They are on a screening tour (what I attended) from August until November. I wasn't even able to walk out with a copy at the screening as they where still final editing it at the time.

I do know they said they will start shipping in September but obviously we are getting towards the end now. I would send them a email.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Bryan. That clears it up for me. Sort of. They should make that clear on the Web site. On the order page it says the DVD will ship the next day. Maybe they meant to say it will ship the next day after it is finished.

Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Last night I watched Josh Tickell's first film titled simply, FUEL. I would highly recommend this; I bought it cheap on Amazon. Cost more to ship it than the DVD cost.

I expected this to be good, as it has won several awards. It was far better than simply good; it was excellent. It was very well made and was indeed entertaining as well as informative.

The FUEL Film

From the Web site... (this was filmed in 2008-2009, BTW)

FUEL is a comprehensive and entertaining look at energy in America: a history of where we have been, our present predicament and a solution to our dependence on foreign oil.

Rousing and reactionary, FUEL is an amazing, in-depth, personal journey of oil use and abuse as it examines wide-ranging energy solutions other than oil, the faltering US auto and petroleum industries, and the latest stirrings of the American mindset toward alternative energy.

Josh Tickell’s stirring, radical and multi-award winning FUEL may be known by some as the “little energy documentary,” but in truth, it’s a powerful portrait of America’s overwhelming addiction to, and reliance on, oil. Having been born and raised in one of the USA’s most oil producing regions, he saw first hand how the industry controls, deceives and damages the country, its people and the environment, and after one too many people he knew became sick, Tickell knew he just couldn’t idly stand by any longer. He decided to make a film, focusing both on the knowledge and insight he discovered, but also giving hope that solutions are at reach. A ‘regular guy’ who felt he could make a difference, he spent 11 years making his movie, showing himself – and others – that an individual can indeed make a difference.

As first time director and narrator of the film, Tickell offers a virtual tour guide through the drama of fuel, the history, the politics, the mess that the world is in and the fascinating alternatives for a way out. In the movie, he interviews politicians, historians, professors and a sprinkling of activist celebrities, all of whom have their own take on one of the most important and pressing concerns of the modern era. Interviews with a wide range of environmentalists, policy makers and educators, along with such “green” celebrities as Woody Harrelson, Sheryl Crow and Larry Hagman offer serious fuel for thought.

FUEL encourages the discussion about the consequences of abusing our oil resources. Especially now, during this moment of “Change” going on in our country, it is extremely important to examine all the factors that have contributed to not only the economic meltdown, but also the environmental crisis and this country’s position in the world. And now as Americans look for answers and seek accountability, FUEL can help break the discussion wide open as it exposes the shocking connections between the auto industry, the oil industry and government, while exploring alternative energies such as solar wind, electricity and non-food based biofuels.

FUEL is an example of the social movement that is going on in the country. As our government seeks to bail out the auto industry and our new President speaks of investing in alternative energies as the way of our future and creating green industries, FUEL challenges the audience to make a change and seek accountability, reinforcing the idea that the power of every individual can and will make a difference.