Notices
E85 / Ethanol This section is dedicated to tuning with ethanol.

STOP 38 cent/gal e85 tax!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
This is a subsidy that is being removed. I see no problem with that.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a drop in the bucket comparetively(sp). Get rid of all other subsidies as well then. See how much your regular gas will go up which in turn will make everything else expensive. This helped E85 adoption. Again I would much rather make american farmers rich then so someone in the middle east.

Maybe it would help speed the development of alternate sources of E85.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

better get used to things costing more, because the USA is running , coasting on empty and there is nothing but up hill ahead.

Any manipulation of costs by the government is simply putting off the cost till later. Later is soon, it will be here, or maybe we could turn the Mississippi into gold.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InitialE
Then please endorse a petition to get the government to stop subsidizing gasoline because you are not currently paying the full cost.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by droppinbottom
Then please endorse a petition to get the government to stop subsidizing gasoline because you are not currently paying the full cost.
Sure. Where do I sign....? I think you are wrong. The US govt. does not subsidize gasoline prices http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasolin..._United_States

The US just taxes gas at a low rate compared to other countries.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Let's get this straight. A subsidy is a grant or gift of money to support an organization or initiative. The issue at hand is a tax code(tax deduction if you will) used by ethanol producers to help support alternative fuel here in the US. Very similar to subsidy but not the same thing. I would rather take care of our own than support foreign countries. Our nation has a long history of taking care of our neighbors yard before our own.

We may not directly subsidize foreign oil but we sure as hell heavily support it by way of military security efforts and billion dollar loans not to mention the very support of the topic at hand. Weak efforts at best by our government to reduce our dependence on foreign oil shows where their focus and support is.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Sure. Where do I sign....? I think you are wrong. The US govt. does not subsidize gasoline prices http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasolin..._United_States

The US just taxes gas at a low rate compared to other countries.
I am truely sorry if you believe that. Learn to do better research. The U.S. Government allows numerous tax breaks to big oil companies in a effort to keep them competitive with other companies out side of the united states. I can quote numerous articles and even tax code for you if you really wish. No matter how you look at it the U.S. Government does subsidize gas prices by subsidizing oil companies.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

The point is all of the incentives, the breaks, the give aways have to be eliminated.
The only alternative is massive dollar devaluation, to the extent it takes a million dollars to buy a weeks groceries, or a gallon of any fuel.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled

letter sent i needs my corn juice
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

I am truely sorry if you believe that. Learn to do better research. The U.S. Government allows numerous tax breaks to big oil companies in a effort to keep them competitive with other companies out side of the united states. I can quote numerous articles and even tax code for you if you really wish. No matter how you look at it the U.S. Government does subsidize gas prices by subsidizing oil companies.
Tax breaks and loopholes are a rule in the relationship between corporate America and the govt. across many industries. Nothing new or surprising there. What I am referring to is the direct subsidy of the price of gasoline, which the US does not engage in. Other countries like Mexico, Venezuela, Indonesia, etc. do.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

The problem I have with it is: Oil companies receive millions to billions in subsidies every year but the price rises. E85 is an alternative fuel made here in the US and if that means we have to subsidize it to make us better off then do it. Not all subsidies are bad. Ones that the oil companies get yes those are bad since they are making record profits every year. E85 subsidies, solar subsidies, wind subsidies are not bad because they lead to innovative energies where as the money we give to the oil company leads to them getting richer and nothing else.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:07 AM

just when you think youve found something great for all, they gotta go and ruin it. personally, i dont have immediate access to e85, but with this going on, im kinda glad i didnt go that route. its losing its appeal.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Race gas from the pump being as expensive as regular or mid grade gas (currently cheaper in my area then regular by 30 cents). Not sure how its lost its appeal but I sure as hell appreciate the hell out of it. LOL
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Have you noticed that those that respect E-85 are the ones that have been using it for years now and are properly tuned with it. In the 3+ years that I have been using it I only switched back to 91 oct twice for emergency issues. Hated the lose in performance but
glad I had map switching for the just in case scenario.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Letter sent, but I, like everyone else including investors and the gov.is wondering what happened to gen 2 cellulosic ethanol? I hope it wasn't a bust as gen 1 is not wisely sustainable.

Quick Reply: STOP 38 cent/gal e85 tax!!!!!