Notices
ECU Flash

Which Wideband For EcuFlash?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I do not list them. I don't have a great deal of confidence in their product which is why it is not listed. It does not mean that I do not sell them. No vendor has every product at their disposal listed on their site.

To reiterate, if someone wants one I will sell them one, but not before I review the products facts and reliability track record with them. The local dyno usually is a great source of information on widebands reliability also. Many are equipped with their own dyno accessory wideband units and comparisons in AFR accuracy can be done between the dyno read AFR's and each customer's own unit.
Ok, So I went to the innovate web site and looked under dealers. You are not even listed.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/dealers.php

The only one on Evom that is listed as a dealer in Florida is Titan motorsport and in contrast to you he is NOT trash talking the Zeitronix in order to make a buck.

Please do not pretend that you are an innovate dealer, because you are not. I find it har to belive that Innovate will allow you to become a dealer when they know that you trash talk their products.
Old May 21, 2006, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nj1266
Ok, So I went to the innovate web site and looked under dealers. You are not even listed.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/dealers.php

The only one on Evom that is listed as a dealer in Florida is Titan motorsport and in contrast to you he is NOT trash talking the Zeitronix in order to make a buck.

Please do not pretend that you are an innovate dealer, because you are not. I find it har to belive that Innovate will allow you to become a dealer when they know that you trash talk their products.
Show me where I claimed to be direct with Innovate and I will mail you a free LM1.

As in the rest of my posts I speak the truth , whether it is favorable or unfavorable to the vendor. According to my 103 postive feedbacks, evidently I am rated as a vendor of honesty of integrity. Where are your credentials? I would not be surprised if you were affiliated with Innovate whether by employment or some type of sponsorship by the way you have tied up this thread for the last 25 posts.
Old May 21, 2006, 08:42 PM
Account Disabled

My exprience with the LM-1 has been near perfect. I have had zero problems. I have had one Error message and I simply made a free air calibration and it was gone. Innovate recommends a free air calibration every now and then for those who have their Innovate permanently on their cars.

I have posted on the Innovate forums and got replies. I have called Innovate customer service and talked to their head engineer, Klaus Almendinger. I talked to him for close to 20 minutes trying to diagnose an AFR spike on my EVO since the Evo ignition is less than stellar if you up the boost on the car. He answered every question I had.

Check out the Innovate web site http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/index.html and then check out their forums http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/index.php
Apr 21, 2006, 09:57 AM #38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using the LM-1 Innovate and it is driving me NUTS. I keep getting spikes in the AFR. At first I thought it is the tune on the EVO and the additional boost that is causing the spikes due to a "blown" spark. But I checked previous logs and it was happening even before the car was tuned. Then I checked logs that I did on my brother's Sentra Spec V and sure enough there were sessions with spikes.

I changed and regapped the plugs on the EVO and turned the boost down 1-2 psi and I still get those dammned spikes. The car runs very strong and I cannot feel any misfires.

I am at the end of my patience with this crap. I contacted innovate and even posted on their forums http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/...read.php?t=3230

I have even moved the sensor to just before the cat thinking that this will help.

I have no resolution to this. I am begining to doubt that its is the car and suspect that the LM-1 is just too damned sensitive.

Anyone else is having this problem with thier LM-1?
That's what I would call "perfect".
Old May 21, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

[B]
That's what I would call "perfect".
Yes, it is near perfect. And yes I stand by what I said. The LM-1 is too damn sensitive. The problem with the spike is not the LM-1 but the crappy Evo ignition.

Haven't you heard of the horror stories about misfires with EVO?

Haven't you read about the MANY MANY posts about P0300?

Haven't you read about the many people who switch their ignitions to the single COP?

The fact is that the EVO iginition is inadequae for a car that has so much boost stock. Mitsu cheaped out and installed two coils for 4 plugs and yet the car boosts 20.5 psi stock.

Yes the LM-1 is sensitive and it picks up BLOWN SPARKS when you have high boost. That is a good thing.

My brother's Spec V is modified as well and it is putting almost 30-40 hp more than stock. The ignition is not designed for that increase.

After the post that you cite. I had a long talk with Klaus and he explained to me what was going on. He told me that these spikes are blown sparks and are only a problem if I want to extract the last smidgen of power under racing conditions.

You are getting desparate since you are now digging into my prior post.

Last edited by nj1266; May 21, 2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so back the the original ECUFLASH question......
Old May 22, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BADEVO
Ok so back the the original ECUFLASH question......
The answer is any WB 02 is a great WB for ECUFlash.

When ECUFlash inncorprates the LM-1or LC-1, that will be the best WB for ECUFlash.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
I've ran the Zeitronix wideband with display for over 20,000 miles now.

Over those 20,000 miles the car has seen approx 9 open track events. 25-30mins per session. 5-7 sessions per event. Approx 200 on-track miles per event. Seen temps in those events from 70F ambient to 105F ambient.

Never missed a beat, never given me a weird reading, still running on the original BOSCH sensor for over 20,000 miles. Logging via ECU+ and also direct to laptop with no hiccups, the small display is also on my steering column and AFR's are also a glance away.

Or was this thread about keyboard racing?

If anything, the owner and inventor of Zeitronix is a old-school DSMer and car enthusiast just like all of us, he goes out and beats the living crap out of his car on open tracks just like me. He builds these for us.

You can use whatever wideband you want but Zeitronix has worked for me.

Last edited by razorlab; May 22, 2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by razorlab

Over those 20,000 miles the car has seen approx 9 open track events. 25-30mins per session. 5-7 sessions per event. Approx 200 on-track miles per event. Seen temps in those events from 70F ambient to 105F ambient.

Never missed a beat, never given me a weird reading, still running on the original BOSCH sensor for over 20,000 miles. Logging via ECU+ and also direct to laptop with no hiccups, the small display is also on my steering column and AFR's are also a glance away.

If anything, the owner and inventor of Zeitronix is a old-school DSMer and car enthusiast just like all of us, he goes out and beats the living crap out of his car on open tracks just like me. He builds these for us.

Excellent post Brian and good point. Zbig has been racing 1g's forever and it was designed for up to 9 hours of datalogging.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab

+1
Old May 27, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Zeitronix is the best value and feature packed unit, hands down...

I went with the AEM Uego, But i kinda wish i went with the Zeitronix
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

zt2 FTW.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZT2 FTW OMGLOL!

but for real....on the Dyno the ZT2 and the DynoJet wideband were very very close....when i had the LC-1 the values were like .7 off...
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alan678
ZT2 FTW OMGLOL!

but for real....on the Dyno the ZT2 and the DynoJet wideband were very very close....when i had the LC-1 the values were like .7 off...
You are correct...The dynojet wideband is extremely accurate
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Geez why was this one dug back up? Didn't a similiar thread just get shut down recently?
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:09 PM

Yes.