Notices
ECU Flash

evoscan logger release

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by justchil
There was someone that said they did something to the CSV file to make it ledgible... anyone?

I just need to see my timing for now... don't really care about anything else
Bwahahaa, I bet this is the last time someone rushes Hamish.

I would have much rather waited for the non-beta release with working gauges, visual plotting and correct formulas.

It states that the source code would be available to registered users. Anyone actually have access to this so one can work on fixing the formulas?
Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a good point, but without us trying it now we would be getting a 'full' version with some bugs. No software is perfect.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto on that. I'm just in a hurry to get some timing logs w/o spending 100+ on more logging tools. I can't make anything out of the csv's so I'll just hurry up and wait

It will be sweet once it's done tho.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Bwahahaa, I bet this is the last time someone rushes Hamish.

I would have much rather waited for the non-beta release with working gauges, visual plotting and correct formulas.

It states that the source code would be available to registered users. Anyone actually have access to this so one can work on fixing the formulas?
I think he said the formulas were in the xml config file and that they could be modified by editing the xml......
Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
There was someone that said they did something to the CSV file to make it ledgible... anyone?

I just need to see my timing for now... don't really care about anything else

EDIT:

Actually that was on openecu forums.. tryine to dig the post up now.
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic....asc&highlight=

torward the end I uploaded a xls file I made with a excel graph and timing corrected

look at the evoscan program in the items to data log window it lists the items and a request hex # for timing is, 06 now open the csv file with excel and look in colum B for "6" the data in the cell next to it in column C next to that cell is the ecu hex coded response and the next cell to the right in column D is the "translated for human" value. note at this time the advance # is wrong it looks like it is 10 degrees off, subtract 10 from that value in the D column and that should be your timing

Last edited by andenbre; Jun 26, 2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails evoscan logger release-screenhunter_6.jpg   evoscan logger release-screenhunter_7.jpg  
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
At 16% throttle at 2900 RPM I would be expecting about 40 degrees on my timing maps. I'm away at present, but will try to do some logging in about 20 hours time.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

the most advance my maps have is 38, my maps dont even have 40 on them, they are still stock until I can reliably log everything including wideband o2

if you look 30 seems about right at 50-60% load. when you barely touch the throttle on my car at 2900 the boost is already starting to build
Attached Thumbnails evoscan logger release-map1.jpg  
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I just tried the logging software out, I was getting between 58-62 samples per second. But it doesn't seem like the info its giving me is accurate so I'm not going to trust it to tune my car just yet. I'm sure once some of the bugs get worked out it will be an excellent tool to use with the ECUFlash but for now no information is better then bad information.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Why log partial throttle activity....the WOT timing is what you should be concerned about.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Why log partial throttle activity....the WOT timing is what you should be concerned about.
Tuning a car correctly is more than a WOT pull..
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

that peice of log in the picture just happened to be a fraction of a second of the log that I started while cruiseing at 25 mph getting ready for a pull. what is being discused is how to read the log and ignition timing accuracy in the log.

aside from that you also want to log differnt driving conditions so the entire map can be tuned not just wide open throttle. that way you have good drivability and hopefully better fuel economy
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

beat me to it
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I just tried the logging software out, I was getting between 58-62 samples per second. But it doesn't seem like the info its giving me is accurate so I'm not going to trust it to tune my car just yet. I'm sure once some of the bugs get worked out it will be an excellent tool to use with the ECUFlash but for now no information is better then bad information.
I was getting 49 s/s but I closed som apps and logged off my wifes account in xp so only mine was running and I saw a jump to 80 s/s. I think cpu load has alot to do with how fast it logs

yeah, I am not tuning with this yet either til I can trust it, but it sure is fun to go through the data and see what I can learn
Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

wow this Cable really has paved the way for some serious tuning capabilites. I love the support you guys are giving. between this and colby i dont know what to Say. i always thought that this day would never come

What voltage is the A/F ratio going to be working on 0-5 volts? what other sensors would you consider AIT maybe? knock?

I cant wait till it gets more advanced. This makes my life much easier. You just saved me 10000+ paying other people to use there dyno and Equip. Id rather road tune anyways! Thanks again