Notices
ECU Flash

evoscan logger release

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Tuning a car correctly is more than a WOT pull..
+1 especially with upgraded injectors
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
andenbre, surely you could get different numbers in logs compared with mapped numbers if there are other compensation maps active? What timing do you get at idle? I'm intending to compare to my OBD-II logger later on.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im having a slight problem using the logger. It's only reading at 3 samples per second. Is there anyway or something I can do to get a faster sampling rate?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Im having a slight problem using the logger. It's only reading at 3 samples per second. Is there anyway or something I can do to get a faster sampling rate?
Do you have the 2nd connector, beside the OBDII connector, plugged in?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 06:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Make sure you have the second connector connected (the white plastic one) and the OBD-II one.. and also make sure you use the FTDxx port when you configure it, and not com1 o com2..
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does this thing log to the point where you can post an entire 3rd gear pull?

I would like to see more sample data before I buy. I am primarily concerned with WOT tuning. I prefer to leave my low load maps factory.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:38 AM
EvoM Guru

The app is a work in progress.. So far it has glitches, but it will come around.. for $15 you really can't go wrong..
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
Does this thing log to the point where you can post an entire 3rd gear pull?

I would like to see more sample data before I buy. I am primarily concerned with WOT tuning. I prefer to leave my low load maps factory.
Fifteen one dollar bills? Gimme a break.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Woah can i see knock with this thing?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Mine doesnt work yet (knock). Actually you can't really do much with it yet. If you only log a couple things you can make some sense of the CSV.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Why didnt they just release it when it was finished? Im going to wait til all the nonsense if figured out. $15... nice!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Why didnt they just release it when it was finished? Im going to wait til all the nonsense if figured out. $15... nice!
Alot of eager beavers.. This poor guy has been harassed like you would not believe just to get something released by dozens of members.. Now when its released, people are complaining about everything.. I feel for him, since I used to do alot of software development and stopped doing it when the support aspect of it became a bigger headache than maintaining the software..

I was kinda hoping this would have been released as an open-source app, even though I paid for the program I believe he deserves to get a few dollars for his efforts anyway, because if it was open source, people would join a sourceforge or other CVS repository and contribute to the evolution of the application.. And you'd very quickly see it ported to other platforms and its internals used integrated with other apps..

Time will tell.. I fully intend to contribute code to this if he elects to allow it.. For now, I'll wait until I get my link for the source code, and check it out.. Hopefully come up with a few bug fixes that I can send to him, etc..
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Alot of eager beavers.. This poor guy has been harassed like you would not believe just to get something released by dozens of members.. Now when its released, people are complaining about everything.. I feel for him, since I used to do alot of software development and stopped doing it when the support aspect of it became a bigger headache than maintaining the software..

I was kinda hoping this would have been released as an open-source app, even though I paid for the program I believe he deserves to get a few dollars for his efforts anyway, because if it was open source, people would join a sourceforge or other CVS repository and contribute to the evolution of the application.. And you'd very quickly see it ported to other platforms and its internals used integrated with other apps..

Time will tell.. I fully intend to contribute code to this if he elects to allow it.. For now, I'll wait until I get my link for the source code, and check it out.. Hopefully come up with a few bug fixes that I can send to him, etc..
I gotcha. Im looking forward to this very much! Looks promising.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by justchil
Mine doesnt work yet (knock). Actually you can't really do much with it yet. If you only log a couple things you can make some sense of the CSV.
That's a good point. Maybe just timing, knock and rpm would be a winner.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
That's a good point. Maybe just timing, knock and rpm would be a winner.
Thats all I want to know.