Notices
ECU Flash

evoscan logger release

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Alot of eager beavers.. This poor guy has been harassed like you would not believe just to get something released by dozens of members.. Now when its released, people are complaining about everything.. I feel for him, since I used to do alot of software development and stopped doing it when the support aspect of it became a bigger headache than maintaining the software..
I agree. People that do not code do not understand what goes into these projects. It seems that every project you do always has problems (unless the project is very similar). Some of the people that do code think that their code is or would be better—either the functionality or the language—and complain. The bottom line is that everyone thinks they are an expert.

I just hope that Hamid does not get discouraged as the potential for this logger and the EcuFlash (Colby/Jason) for that matter is very promising.

Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

I agree. Considering that the development time was so short, he did a helluva job!

Seriously, I would have paid 15 just for the MUT III breakdown on paper...
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

I cant get my program to work. when i click to start it, it says invalid serial.... i enter my email then serial number but it still will not start...
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
andenbre, I've tried it now, agree the timing numbers seem about 10 too high - eg 15 degrees at idle. I can log at 12 samples per sec but that is because of my slow laptop. I am getting readings of 1,2,3 on the knock sum, sometimes on very little throttle though, and one 9 and 12 on lift off in another hot zone that I've retarded. I have no idea what is normal for knock sum.

I took the CSV file and sorted it by the item reference then the time stamp, then I copied the blocks so that one row of the sheet showed all the values collected in a short time interval, then I could make sense of the log file a bit better.

There is some weirdness with airflow for example, Hz will read out to say 1600 Hz and then just stick there, not going up or down. The airflow quantity moves around differently still - lots of oscillation with no clear trend. The temperatures are not scaled to suit the IX at present it seems.

Excellent test at this stage really just to establish communication with the ECU and save the requests to file. Excellent job evo4mad
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok folks, this was whipped up in like a half hour so don't crucify me, I know it's not efficient code but it will PARSE YOUR CSV FILES

Open your csv log file in Notepad and copy the chunk you want converted. Please only convert what you need as copying MB's of data will only break things. Paste it on my site and hit submit.

You can then copy it back into excel and graph or do whatever.

http://mikelaak.com/convert.php
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

I cant get my program to work. when i click to start it, it says invalid serial.... i enter my email then serial number but it still will not start...
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Quit crapping up evom and go to www.openecu.org where the main thread is!

I verified you can take my converted data and paste into excel and graph it just fine.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm doesnt seem to be working for me. Let me give it a few more tries tho.

Edit...

All I'm getting is a -10 in the timing. This log was timing/engine speed only I believe. I'll try a few others.

Another Edit..

I get the same thing if i dont paste anything and hit submit.. could be user error

Last edited by justchil; Jun 27, 2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wprettyboy
Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wprettyboy

The Serial # provided works!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
Hmmm doesnt seem to be working for me. Let me give it a few more tries tho.

Edit...

All I'm getting is a -10 in the timing. This log was timing/engine speed only I believe. I'll try a few others.

Another Edit..

I get the same thing if i dont paste anything and hit submit.. could be user error
I used a log with all the parameters but it should work with any number of the parameters unless it's messing up the table.

Right click your CSV file and choose "open with" and pick Notepad. Copy and paste from notepad.

I only tried the data from notepad since it is parsing on specific fields. If you open the csv file in excel it shows different data for the time field and rounds off other numbers.

Email me your csv file. laakness@mikelaak.com and I'll try it.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks justchil for trying some stuff with the converter i made.

The only requirement now for people is to make sure they are logging timing at a minimum. You can log any number of other things you want.

The link again: www.mikelaak.com/convert.php
Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

I got it working, finally got a reply on www.openecu.org and it was that i didnt put in the dashes

thanks

Originally Posted by Girlie
Did you put the dashes in or just the numbers???
Old Jun 27, 2006, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

The convertor is flipping sweet. I think it will sooth some of us impatient guys

www.mikelaak.com/convert.php <- yay
Old Jun 27, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justchil
The convertor is flipping sweet. I think it will sooth some of us impatient guys

www.mikelaak.com/convert.php <- yay
+ 1 this helps a lot. lot easier than spending time moving all the numbers around