Notices
ECU Flash

A great tune with EcuFlash (by EIP Racing)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 02:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by wzcx
They really are all the same... verified. Your advice has been otherwise impeccable, so don't let it get to ya.
I checked finally, I'm not crazy, Low octane is leaner in areas, what probably happened is that they leaned out the high octane map while tuning but forgot to check/change the low octane map to compensate.

Last edited by razorlab; Aug 18, 2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evodrivesme
ya im not impressed with the vishnu and there is no where really close that tunes it. but then again i can get a great deal on apexi power fc with the commander at a local shop.
I for one I am very impressed with the Xede. The 91 octane custom tune that I got is next to perfect. No knock sum higher than 3 in any parts of the timing curve and the car put down 300 whp to boot with a big fat torque curve. Your problem is the tuner and not the Xede. You need to find a good tuner regardless of whther he is using the Xede or Ecuflash to tune.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
what do you think your the EVOM mafia now?

I don't believe he said it was good or bad. just that a 'good tune' on the dyno will look different then a 'good tune' on the street which will look different then a 'good tune' at the track. I hope you understand this concept because I would hate to have to go against you.
Thats exactly what I meant... Sometimes tunes for specific purposes tend to look drastically different..

The best all-around tunes are fairly smooth transitions and tested under different loads and adjusted accordingly.. In reality "Dyno day" type tunes aren't going to give you the smoothest looking maps, nor will they always run best at the track even though they make good numbers..

I choose not to state any specific opinion on a tune I see anywhere on this site simply because there are too many variables to judge.. But I can tell the difference between tunes..

Also, my previous post wasn't really on-topic for this thread.. so I can see how it could have been misconstrued, it was in referrence to a previous post about using blocks of timing of the same value instead of smooth transitions..

Last edited by MalibuJack; Aug 18, 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 for malibujack, sensible as always.