Notices
ECU Flash

how are you guys logging A/F?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how are you guys logging A/F?

Okay my buddy has a LM1 and I was wanting to put it on my car. Can i use the stock 02sensor bung and just ziptie the sensor up for the time being will this mess anything up? Or is there a better way of doing this?
Old Aug 16, 2006, 02:59 AM
Evolved Member

And also guys on the "boost desired engine load #1 -2-3-4 whats the difference in 1-2-3-4 ? which one is WOT
Old Aug 16, 2006, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

Yes you can take the rear O2 out and tie it so it doesn't drag.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

For a temporary setup you can remove the secondary O2 sensor. For a permanent setup you can get a test pipe with a second bung or have a second bung welded into your existing cat/test pipe (or downpipe).
Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

I have an LM-1 w/RPM converter logging boost, TPS, A/F, and RPM. the WB o2 sensor is in the secondary narrowband o2 spot and the narrowband o2 is just zip tied out of the way. I do have a CEL though, I just need to run the analog output to the ECU to trick it into thinking the sensor is still reading fine. I did this with my LC-1 and it worked like a charm.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

alrighty thanks guys
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:16 AM

Between my TXS downpipe, UR midpipe, and HKS cat-back, I have 3 O2 bungs. I have the factory rear sensor in the UR midpipe location to prevent that CEL and the FJO NTK sensor in the downpipe just ahead of the DP-MP intersection. The bung in the cat-back is plugged.

I use EvoScan to log TPS, RPM, Knock Sum, and Timing. I use the FJO software to log RPM, Boost, AFR. I then copy and paste the FJO CSV info into the EvoScan CSV file for a composite log.

It's a bit more cumbersome than integrated AFR and boost logging, but it should get the job done.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:59 PM

i'm probably gonna use the aem or LC-1
Old Sep 4, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My friend put the AEM uego (black face/ black bevel) in his 01 camaro (ls1) and its pretty sweet, responds quick, made me jealous. I need one for my evo. He hooked it up to his hp tuner thing-a-ma-bob mpvi pro and it logs wideband afr with all his other sensors, pretty sweet setup.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

What logging software are you guys using and does it support connecting a wideband directly to the ecu for datalogging purposes? If so which widebands are supported?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

evoscan. the next release is supposed to allow you to hook your wideband into the serial port (i think) and log it simultaneously with all the other data.

http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/

Originally Posted by Ackerson
What logging software are you guys using and does it support connecting a wideband directly to the ecu for datalogging purposes? If so which widebands are supported?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
In my case I have a TurboXS Tuner Pro, all of my AFR Logging is being done through an ECU+ including the wideband data (its calibated to use the PLX values in the program)

The ECU+ logs such an incredible amount of data that I rely on it way more than Evoscan, I really only use Evoscan to log knock sums and Load sites.. Evoscan's shortcomings do impede my ability to tune the car, Things like MAF readings, no boost logging, etc.. So I typically log in both ECU+ and Evoscan, then I line up my pulls between the two, and I can get a complete visual of what I need. I also had been able to loosly correlate Knock Sum with Knock Voltage because of that..
Old Sep 9, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Zeitronix ZT2

Last edited by Spec'd; Sep 10, 2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I use an LM-1 with LMA-2 and XD-16 gauge. I log AFR, RPM, boost, and knock (thanks to xede knock buffer). I also use Evoscan to log timing, knock sum, and load.

I have recently been able to tune closed loop with the LM-1. I hope that this will save me gas. AFAIK, no other AFR meter has the capability to tune closed loop w/o a CEL.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You really can't tune closed loop without fooling the 02 sensor.. Unless what you mean is your tuning the open loop cells within closed loop to hit your target AFR's, which in turn will allow the fuel trims to be as close to zero as possible.

There is good news though, I think I found closed loop target tables in the ECU.. working on it for the next few days.

Quick Reply: how are you guys logging A/F?