Australian Delivered Evo IX Map - 88580013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 05:51 PM
bpi
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australian Delivered Evo IX Map - 88580013

Hi,

I have just read the ECU for my Australian delivered EVO IX. The ID read from the ECU was 88580013. The file size is 512kb. I understand its actually 8858, version 13.

I have attached the ROM that was read from my car to the post that can be found at http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=949 - this forum didn't allow me to upload the file.

The problem I am having is that I cannot see any meaningful data through any of the maps that are currently available for ECUFlash. Obviously the addresses are different between USDM, JDM and AUSDM.

I can see some data using the definition for 88840016 but it's not much. Certainly nothing like the number of maps available with a USDM Evo using the 88590015 definition. I can even view a UK FQ340 map using the 88570008 definition!! BTW the FQ340 definition has extra maps for Octane Initialisation, Lean Spool Disable RPM, Lean Spool Enable RPM and some extra ones that the US def doesn't have. Anyone got any ideas/comments on this?

So, can anyone help me out with a definition for the Australian delivered Evo IX? If so it would be fantastic.

Also, if (in the case of the 88840016 definition) only partial maps are available, could someone provide me with some guidance as to how to decode the rest of the maps? I'm a programmer by trade and a pretty cluey guy, but I'm at the foot of the cliff at the moment - if someone can give me a leg up that would be awesome.

So basically if someone wants to tell me HOW they would go about writing the full definition (without doing the work themselves) then I would love to do the work. Otherwise if someone already has a def I'd love to see it.

Any help I can receive would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Brendan