Notices
ECU Flash

Best Wideband??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ebay, $149+ shipping is where I got my brand new LC-1.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

i have an lc-1 but was wondering about the fjo wideband
Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
ebay, $149+ shipping is where I got my brand new LC-1.
Did that include the sensor?
Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

I believe it did.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

FJO is what alot of the pro drag cars use.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

im taking the lc1 out and putting the fjo next week
Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

That 300 plus dollar sensor is what alot of guys are using on leaded race fuels!
But it can only be used with their system.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

the sensor holds up good to leaded fuel
Old Oct 14, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
What about the NGk WB? I know that Top Secret uses something that looks similar in their cars.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

I just waited for a used wideband to go for sale here on evom and bought it. I believe that most of them are pretty close to the same accuracy-wise (depends on sensor age, really). If I were paying retail prices for a new unit, I'd probably look at a Zeitronix, but I really don't think it matters much.

Personally, I got a 4 month old AEM UEGO for $115 shipped! Now, since I didn't really want another gauge on my a-pillar, I don't really know where to mount it. I have it temporarily jammed into the ashtray.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:01 PM

There was a comparison sometime back on SCC .. it was benchmarked against the industry standard for those who are **** about it .. MOTEC WBO2 ..

ALL the WBO2 tested came within 0.2 AFR of the MOTEC .. so whichever one you get, it will be close .. of course .. the best match WAS Zeitronix

As for logging, nothing is really easier than Zeitronix ..

Innovate LM-1 has that BIG HUGE display that has to present even when you don't need it.. not to mention the additional stuff you need to get to datalog ..

PLX devices has no datalogging I know of yet .. M-500 is the wireless USB unit

AEM UEGO ?? Never used it, so no comments

Techedge wideband?? restricted datalog outputs and bulky unit

FJO ?? Never used it

BTW almost all of them uses the same Sensor .. either the NTK N1H1 or the Bosch UEGO so in the end it's the convenience, ease of use that makes one better than the other ..

have fun choosing ..
Old Oct 15, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

If anyone has the link to the comparison test, or knows the month of the SCC issue, please let us know. I read SCC, but I somehow missed this article.

Also, remember, if your wideband is supported by EvoScan (now at $25), the inherent logging capabilities of the wideband don't matter at all, since you probably won't use it that way. Before EvoScan, I would say that this would be the single most important factor in choosing a wideband. Now that we have a lot of loggers to choose from, it doesn't make much difference.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
People say that Zeitronix is the most accurate because there was a big WB test and guess what.... Zeitronix was the most accurate
Do you have a link to this test?
Thx.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:23 AM

Some quick things I've seen/heard/read as well...

LC1's are a little noisy (outputs bounce around a bit more). They also seems to have a problem with the outputs going bad, though I hear that Innovate will (repeatedly) replace them under warranty. I've used these with VEI displays. Innovate ignores Bosch's laser-trimmed calibrations so you have to remove the sensor periodically to re-calibrate.

PLX's are nicer units, but need to be cockpit-mounted as they won't handle underhood heat. Much more stable outputs. I've also used these with VEI displays.

AEM's are supposed to be good/reliable units.

Zeitronix units are supposed to be good, but the output is not linear, so you can't easily map with third-party dataloggers.

TechEdge does not control tip temperature (important), so its design already makes it not as accurate as others.

Don't know much about FJO since everyone seems to think it's too expensive so they go with something else.

Bosch sensors are good, accurate, and low-cost, but cannot handle leaded fuels. The NTK sensors can handle leaded fuels.

Last edited by Evo_Dude; Oct 15, 2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I see a lot of people commenting about the Innovate LM-1 and I have no idea if these people have ever used the unit.

First, there is a reason the box is large. For one, you do not need a lap top to log with the LM-1. Second, the box also does the mandatory free air caliberation so your Bosch sensor can stay accurate. Thirdly, the box also has the ability to give you error messages if your sensor is failing or not working properly. This is far better than reporting bad AFR data from a dying Bosch sensor.

Second, free air caliberation is a MUST. The Bosch sensor built-in resistor tends to "drift" with use and becomes inaccurate. Environmental conditions also affect the sensor, so you must re-caliberate the sensor otherwise you will get inaccurate AFR results.

I have had the LM-1 for almost two years and I have not had one complaint. I have the LMA-2 (for boost, knock logging, and rpm) and two xd-16 gauges. One gauge is for boost and the other is for AFR. The box is Velcroed on the tunnel between the seats in the back.

I also have an additional set of cables and a bosch sensor so I can log on other people's cars. I simply move the box from the back of my car and do some logging on theirs'.

Quick Reply: Best Wideband??