Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why would an EVO driver be using OSX?
I thought only lancer and ralliart guys used that
Old Feb 6, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hokiruu
fascinating. i don't know jack about this but have always wondered if i could use ECUFlash somehow on a Macbook Pro since I want to buy one and don't want to buy a old, cheap POS PClaptop just for tuning. I was wondering about Parallels too, but it is not very reliable/stable?
Parallels is a funny piece of software. Their hypervisor code works very well, but device driver support is spotty. OpenPort+EcuFlash+Windows _does_ work under parallels, but getting it configured properly is not pleasant, nor is it stable.

Bootcamp works great though. I've flashed many ECUs using it.

It shouldn't be much longer before a fully functional OS X version emerges. The necessary pieces are in place. Now somebody just needs to do a moderate amount of porting work. I hacked the above example to show that the codebase COULD be built on unix systems.

d
Old Feb 6, 2007, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, just to reiterate, I can log without a hitch using libmut and flash using parallels, using a tactrix cable? What else would I need besides a clue ?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 07:54 AM

I have tuned my car 99% in Parallels, including ECU reflashing.

In terms of logging, it is actually faster than bootcamp for me. With the same set of items to log, I'll often get one more entry per second vs in bootcamp - not a huge deal, but a nice bonus.

The one thing that isn't 100% is USB-to-Serial adapter support. I can log my ZT-2's WB output in Evoscan in Parallels just fine. However, I cannot log with Zeitronix logging software; this requires a reboot to bootcamp.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by curisu
I have tuned my car 99% in Parallels, including ECU reflashing.

In terms of logging, it is actually faster than bootcamp for me. With the same set of items to log, I'll often get one more entry per second vs in bootcamp - not a huge deal, but a nice bonus.

The one thing that isn't 100% is USB-to-Serial adapter support. I can log my ZT-2's WB output in Evoscan in Parallels just fine. However, I cannot log with Zeitronix logging software; this requires a reboot to bootcamp.
yes, i just purchased a new 2.0ghz intel macbook. and it runs parrllell + strip windows xp very well..

I was amazed how much quicker it was then my 12" powerbook.. I can tune my car now!!1
Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jordo
yes, i just purchased a new 2.0ghz intel macbook. and it runs parrllell + strip windows xp very well..

I was amazed how much quicker it was then my 12" powerbook.. I can tune my car now!!1
Yeah. Motorola powerpc performance sucked. It is a shame that the powerpc 970 could never be made to fit a portable.

d
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

This is sexy!