Notices
ECU Flash

Obd-ii Scan Tool Software That Works!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I'll try it agian and agian . It seems that my hand held OBD II scanner walked away on me so Id like to get this working
Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes folks, I am an idiot. Sorry about that. In my mind, I was mixing up my WBO2 cable with the Tactrix cable. Thanks MJ.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
yeah I can understand the confusion.. I do actually use a USB-Serial converter and log the ECU+ at the same time I log with mitsulogger.. Since both use the same timestamps for logging, I can very easily match up my runs and the times if I start both at almost the same time.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
'runtime error 339: MSCOMM32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid'

Got the tactrix, i'm online in activematrix.. But dunno wehre to get the missing file?!

Wael
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Those files should be packaged with the file you downloaded, not every version of windows has those files so I put them all together..

HOWEVER, if you search google, you an find a place to download the runtime files needed. MSCOMM32.OCX is a vb component for the serial ports.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Great Program works like a charm...used it on multiple vehicles
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:42 AM
EvoM Guru

yeah it makes the tactrix cable really flexible.. Once I have some free time I'm going to rewrite it using VB.NET and hopefully make the setup a bit easier.. Its just such a fully featured application that although the original author supplied me with the source code, it will take a complete rewrite to get it all working in VB.NET
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Jack and the guys, you're great!

After a lot of stubborness, I was able to launch and run the software with my Tactrix. I had to download MSCOMM32.OCX and then it asked of TABCTL32.OCX which i downloaded as well..

I then fiddled a bit to set the Tactrix to COM1.. First it refused then it succeeded after changing the USB to another socket.. The software worked immediately.

All loggings are working but the software is giving me 'no codes detected' ALTHOUGH the Cel Light on the screen was ON (light green) and i was able to clear the CEL in my car from the software itself!

So do you guys know why it didnt show me any DTC code number? It's only that little glitch remaining! COuld it be our ECU's here are not so much compatible?

Please i appreciate your feedback!

Wael
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Success!!! I was using the software wrong!! I got to read the DTC finally but had to go to Musa's car since i cleared my own!

So it's all working now, will keep posted..

Thanks guys! FInally!!!

wael
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

For everyone that get runtime error 52.

I got it untill I downloaded the lates repack of Scantech and EcuFlash 1.29a
Then I started on changing com port setup so that I would have com 1 free.
I am running Win XP pro so I opened up
Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Information
There I expand Components / Ports and click Serial.
There you see information about all your serial ports or atleast the names that you need to search in Device Manager.

Next go into Device Manager .. right click My computer on your desktop and click properties .. go to Hardware / Device Manager

For me I needed to change parameters on my ports which were under Modems and Ports

Just fined what you need to change and right click and go to properties
There you should find something like Port Settings / Advanced and hopefully like for me .. you should see Com port numer there ..

this way you should be able to free up Com1

This is atleast what fixed it for me

regards
Gudmundur
Old Jan 20, 2007, 06:40 AM
EvoM Guru

I forgot to mention I posted a repack on my website awhile back that included most if not all of the missing OCX and DLL files you guys had complained about with the version on the original website. I assumed support for the software so he hasn't mirrored any recent changes.

I have to admit, this software can be a little hard to get running initially, it supports several different interfaces and can take some trial and error. But its the only fully functional OBD-II diagnostic software that works with the Tactrix cable, and that makes it worthwhile to spend the time to get working until I can rewrite the software (actually I'll be starting from scratch but using his code for reference for OBD-II stuff)

The biggest bear to deal with is its current limitation to com1-com4, as it seems like the tactrix cable always turns up as com5-com18 or something stupid. I do have a version that was updated by the original author just before he sent me the code that supports higher com ports so you don't have to remap yours. I didn't really see alot of value in putting it in the repack, but if enough of you guys are having trouble, I'll put it up.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

im still confused
Old May 22, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cannot assign my openport device to a com port. I have the newest version of Ecuflash (1.35). What am I doing wrong???

Last edited by anjapower; May 23, 2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old May 22, 2008, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, way to bring back an old thread! Now I complete my computer logging/reflashing/diagnosis software! I suppose some people still don't know about this software.
Old May 22, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedLanEVO
Wow, way to bring back an old thread! Now I complete my computer logging/reflashing/diagnosis software! I suppose some people still don't know about this software.
Sorry - didn't realize it was that big of a deal

I didn't find any other threads that dealt directly with this topic in my search.

Quick Reply: Obd-ii Scan Tool Software That Works!