ECU Flash

Obd-ii Scan Tool Software That Works!

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
Sorry - didn't realize it was that big of a deal
Actually I think he was pleased you revived the thread as he didn't know about the software...

This software has nothing to do with Ecuflash ( I guess you meant that rather than Evoscan), though they both use the Tactrix cable. You will have to make the cable use a com port between 1 and 4 in device manager to get the ODBII scanner to work.

MB.
Old May 23, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by burgers22
Actually I think he was pleased you revived the thread as he didn't know about the software...

This software has nothing to do with Ecuflash ( I guess you meant that rather than Evoscan), though they both use the Tactrix cable. You will have to make the cable use a com port between 1 and 4 in device manager to get the ODBII scanner to work.

MB.
Any tips on how to do this? I mentioned Ecuflash because the older versions do not have the drivers that support VCPs....this is discussed on page 2 of this thread.
Old May 23, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Here's a screen shot of Device manger, com port is accessed from the advanced section of the com port properties.

MB
Attached Thumbnails Obd-ii Scan Tool Software That Works!-com-port.png  
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:28 PM
Tor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with most of the OBD II soft on evo, is mitsu ODB II bus is very unstable and often a lot of link-up requests are required before bus connection can be made. If you guys are experiencing issues connecting to the bus of connecting ANY OBD software, that is due to this issue
Old Jun 23, 2008, 05:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
FYI, evoscan 2.3 reads DTCs for almost everything.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MJ's links are dead, does anyone know where to download this at or get something similar?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
FYI, evoscan 2.3 reads DTCs for almost everything.
I'll have to try this as ScanTech doesn't want to connect to anything but my Evo these days. I've connected to a Toyota and Subarus in the past, but recently I was not able to read from a VW or Ford not matter what I tried.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
MJ's links are dead, does anyone know where to download this at or get something similar?
http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/dl...ile&file_id=27

You must register to download. It's linked in the DL section of AktiveMatrix.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 01:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

got it thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

What would be awesome is if we could get all these tools onto our Windows Mobile phones (ECUFlash, Mitsulogger, etc.) so we could do all of this via our phones instead of having to lug a laptop around.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 05:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smoothgangsta
What would be awesome is if we could get all these tools onto our Windows Mobile phones (ECUFlash, Mitsulogger, etc.) so we could do all of this via our phones instead of having to lug a laptop around.
There is a Pocket PC of EvoScan, it will be out soon, www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan
Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

A Win mobile 6.0/6.1 version will most definitly rock!! Now to figure out how to connect the cable to my phone!!
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, i have a dell x51v. 624mhz xscale proc, and 64mb ram. I just dont see getting a lot of samples per second with it. I mean its slow enough opening a powerpoint or excel document on it. And for get about using gauge displays. I have a old amd 2.2ghz and 1.5gb ram and it will max out the cpu displaying a gauge cluster with afr/load/timing/mpg/etc... And conncting the tactrix cable to the pda will probably be device specific, because no usb host hardware exists on our devices. Some basic ones exists that you can buy (one will fit in my compact flash slot) but only works with usb mass storage devices. The tactrix drivers are going to have to be ported. I just dont think it would be worth it. It would be slow and suck ( but easy to cary around). I think using open port 2.0 with the microsd slot is a 100x better solution for datalogging w/o a huge laptop.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 08:14 AM

Thanks Just downloaded
Old May 9, 2012, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody still have this? I cannot find a link. I need something that can monitor more then clear codes. I have a code scanner for that, but it does not monitor the sensors. I am using a tatrix cable 1.3 if that matters.

Quick Reply: Obd-ii Scan Tool Software That Works!