Notices
ECU Flash

Forgot to write down Evoscan Serial # STUCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checked. i have 1.1 and 2.0. I just installed EvoScan on my desktop and found out what is causing the error -- the registration screen. This dialogue box turns up on my desktop but not on the notebook. I wonder if it is because I have do not have admin rights on my notebook (it's an office notebook, and I have no idea how to get admin privileges without having to go through the IT department, aka land of senseless bureaucracy and paranoia)
Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to say thanks to Evo4Mad. Super quick response time, and the problem is solved. Seems that the lack of admin privileges is preventing the application from allowing a write of the serial number to the registry. That should be easily sorted out once I can get admin rights to my office notebook
Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I was actually going to suggest the exact same thing.. You should be up and running once you can do that.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Tell me about it. I'll have to spin a good yarn to get the IT guys to let me have admin access this week because I plan to do some logging with EvoScan and get that over to Jestr

Haven't heard from Jestr for a number of days and am worried about the guy. From the folks I've been talking to, he's rock solid reliable and trustworthy, and while I have no concerns about his integrity, I'm wondering if he's been out of town or something as I haven't seen him on AIM nor received any email replies from him. He's usually pretty prompt about this kind of thing