Notices
ECU Flash

Decel fuel delivery, stoich @ 0% tps? WTF!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2006, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cecilseahawks
The IX's do this for emission purposes. By decelerating the engine slowly, the pollutants are decreased in the exhaust via of not richening the hell out of the mixture. It sucks. Very annoying. But I must say, I think the air pump Subaru added to the sti's for emissions is much worse.
Sorry for the noob question, but why would adding fuel and slowing down the engine deceleration decrease pollutants ?

FWIW -- I have seen the same TPS % shows 12.5% or so even when I have my foot off the throttle...I also HATE the Mitsu. cruise control feature. The first time I experienced it I was like WTF my throttle is sticking....Only to learn this was a Value Added feature ....

I hope we can make progress on this front
Old Nov 24, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

I agree, since when did adding more fuel when it would not normally be delivered REDUCE emissions? I mean, perhaps its true, and thats why they did it, i just can't wrap my head around how it works.

There has got to be a table for this, some sort of decel enrichment table or some crap like that, or perhaps its under "Value Added" features .

Anyway, is there any hope of finding this map? What can i do to help? I can test and whatever needs to be done.

malibujack, someone steal your internet connection? Where you at? !!
Old Nov 24, 2006, 09:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
LOL I'm here.. just been really busy..

There is probably a DECEL map, but I think this may have some relation to the ICSV settings and possibly an anti-stall feature in the newer cars..

BUT I have never seen this on my car. I do occasionally get stoich for a few seconds on deceleration until the ECU realizes there is no load.. But It rarely lasts very long and the RPM range didn't seem to coincide to any consistent value. I always attributed this on my specific car to the blowthrough sensor and the residual positive pressure I get when the valve closes..

Last edited by MalibuJack; Nov 24, 2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to bump a severely old thread, but this issue seems to still be unknown from my weeks of searching. I've completely tuned my decel fuel cut, but I'm unable to address the stoich fuel delivery until 3000rpm when it cuts and goes lean while slowing down faster.

I'm running 88590015 and although I've adjusted the following tables, I'm unable to find where this value of 3000rpm is defined.

Decel Fuel cut Delay #1 and #2 (only two tables for this rom, not 4)
Decel Fuel cut Ignition retard
Decel IPW Subtractions Comp vs (RPM, Load, TPS)
ISCV Demand RPM Adder (Moderated by Baro, IATS) (FFFF6EA8) (sub_204B6) [sub_1EFC0]
ISCV Demand RPM Adder [rpm > 4500, load > 170, speed > 12 mph] (sub_1EFC0)

I thought perhaps I could cheat and simply specify a high value for the "IPW subtraction comp vs RPM" above 3000rpm with a hope to cancel out the added IPW from this unknown table but it didn't work.

After searching far and wide I've yet to find a way to fix this and it's still causing me issues. Any progress on finding this value? No other thread seems to directly call out this issue on the IXs.

Thanks for any info and I apologize for raising an old thread.

Last edited by acidtonic; Jul 10, 2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I am wondering if the JDM Evo9 GT, 89280002 ROM does this.
Did some xml work on it a few weeks ago and realy like what I saw in there, very much simplified with minimal emissions stuff complicating the code.
I intend trying it on my AUDM9 soon to look into some other 9 weirdness (AFRs going rich on decel would you believe).
Anyway, the ROM and xml can be downloaded from Geekmapped if you are interested.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Try this and let us know if it works. I'm on 96530706 and it seemed to work for me.

Code:
<table name="Closed Throttle Fuel Cut Delay 1" category="Global Fuel Settings" address="1588" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Time"/>

<table name="Closed Throttle Fuel Cut Delay 2" category="Global Fuel Settings" address="158a" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Time"/>
I reduced the value in the first table from 500ms to 100ms. The second table was reduced from 475ms to 75ms

Credit: Acamus for this one