Notices
ECU Flash

another source for cable & afr sensor

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that DC-32 datalogger is the **** though. i know what my next purchase is gonna be
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

I'm excited about this as logworks has always logged my LC-1 correctly through my USB to serial converter while Evoscan has never been able to log an AFR. If the new Logworks software logs all the same parameters as Evoscan as well as AFRs correctly, evoscan is history on my computer.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by A418t81
I'm excited about this as logworks has always logged my LC-1 correctly through my USB to serial converter while Evoscan has never been able to log an AFR. If the new Logworks software logs all the same parameters as Evoscan as well as AFRs correctly, evoscan is history on my computer.
It is even better for me. If LW is able to log via the tactrix cable and the LM-1, then I will not even need to have a lap top in my car for most of my logging needs.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
as far as I can tell, the ECUFlash plugin for logworks appears to allow very similar functionality to Mitsulogger, only its output is passed directly to logworks itself. Which is really very similar to the architecture I was planning on Mitsulogger V2.

I saw some blurbs about importing some map data too, not sure what that is for, but I'm assuming its similar to what I was planning, which was map tracing, load calculation, etc.. since you can automatically do that stuff if you can read the Maps..
Old Dec 8, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
thats exactly what I have done. using a fields harness and LC-1, only thing is you can only tune the VIII because there isn't a harness for the IX.
Incorrect!

Boomslang offers a harness for the IX. I have one.

www.boomslang.us
Old Dec 8, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
as far as I can tell, the ECUFlash plugin for logworks appears to allow very similar functionality to Mitsulogger, only its output is passed directly to logworks itself. Which is really very similar to the architecture I was planning on Mitsulogger V2.

I saw some blurbs about importing some map data too, not sure what that is for, but I'm assuming its similar to what I was planning, which was map tracing, load calculation, etc.. since you can automatically do that stuff if you can read the Maps..
yeah, sounds like the log works will do most of what you had planned. Anyhow, if their new SDK is as good as it sounds, then I am sure their plug-in model should work pretty well.

I am interested to see how flexible it is so that we can implement the new functionality as work proceeds in decoding the ROM images...
Old Dec 8, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't wait to test this out. Since I run their LC-1 and their SSi4 for my GM 3.3 bar (and 3 open 5V inputs for future sensors) this will be great to finally have everything in one log.

I've been waiting for EvoScan to integrate this, but heck if Innovate already has it done and I have their products, I'm sure it will work nicely.

Eric
Old Dec 8, 2006, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where can I download the current version of LogWorks v3 for my LM1 ? If anyone has a version already can they post it, thanks.

The best thing I like about logworks is the ability to log my knock sensor voltage using the LM1+RPMkit, then I can view the knock graph and apply my own "human" knock filter

Last edited by evo4mad; Dec 8, 2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

How can the LC-1 plug into the Logworks?
I presume its just a replacement for the stock o2 sensor, is the stock ecu ok with that? I'm a little confused.. the Innovate website says I could log the lc-1 with a laptop, but I dont see any laptop connectors that comes with it. I think you need an expensive aftermarket computer like ecu+ to use it.

I wonder If can I cut the o2 sensor 2 off and use that, and then log wideband and narrowband voltage at the same time using EvoScan.

what is the LC-1 voltage to AFR conversion calculation? or does logworks do that for you? I want to log the factory Timing, Load, and Knock Sum using EvoScan, so I would rather log everything through that.

I think the LogWorks will log via the openport cable via the slow ISO protocol? if so, it wont work on my Evo4 or FTO ecus.

Last edited by evo4mad; Dec 8, 2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
Where can I download the current version of LogWorks v3 for my LM1 ? If anyone has a version already can they post it, thanks.

The best thing I like about logworks is the ability to log my knock sensor voltage using the RPM kit, then I can view the knock graph and apply my own "human" knock filter
as far as I know it has not been released yet. It should be pretty soon I hope...
Old Dec 8, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrisw
as far as I know it has not been released yet. It should be pretty soon I hope...
The release date of LW3 is Feb 2007, but an update of LW2 with the Ecuflash plugins will be released by next week at the latest.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 06:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nj1266
It is even better for me. If LW is able to log via the tactrix cable and the LM-1, then I will not even need to have a lap top in my car for most of my logging needs.
Sorry nj1266, but I cant see how our LM-1 will ever be able to log the factory Ecu, you will still need a laptop to either run the LW3 or EvoScan.

Why don't you get the RPM kit, and then log the sensor wires to your LM1, thats what I do, so that I don't need a laptop in the car. although you don't get as much info as EvoScan then though, like the actual Knock Sum and Timing.

Hmm Ecuflash plugins, it will be cool to see what they can provide next week. There will also be a new version of EvoScan for xmas too, I can't wait.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Dammit, and I just bought a zeitronix

I use to have a LC-1/XD-1 combo....figures
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How can the LC-1 plug into the Logworks?
I presume its just a replacement for the stock o2 sensor, is the stock ecu ok with that? I'm a little confused.. the Innovate website says I could log the lc-1 with a laptop, but I dont see any laptop connectors that comes with it. I think you need an expensive aftermarket computer like ecu+ to use it.
It uses a serial connection into your computer/laptop.

what is the LC-1 voltage to AFR conversion calculation? or does logworks do that for you?
Logworks already does that for you.

I think the LogWorks will log via the openport cable via the slow ISO protocol? if so, it wont work on my Evo4 or FTO ecus.
On the website, it says it support MUT.

Eric
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry nj1266, but I cant see how our LM-1 will ever be able to log the factory Ecu, you will still need a laptop to either run the LW3 or EvoScan.

Why don't you get the RPM kit, and then log the sensor wires to your LM1, thats what I do, so that I don't need a laptop in the car. although you don't get as much info as EvoScan then though, like the actual Knock Sum and Timing.

Hmm Ecuflash plugins, it will be cool to see what they can provide next week. There will also be a new version of EvoScan for xmas too, I can't wait.
You are correct. I confirmed this with Klaus. Basically, we will have to connect the LM-1 and the Tactrix cable to the lap top and log with LW with the plug ins.

I already have the rpm kit and I log rpm, AFR, boost and knock (using the xede knock buffer).

I just wonder what info the tactrix cable and those plug ins will allow us to log. I guess we will know soon.

Quick Reply: another source for cable & afr sensor