Notices
ECU Flash

another source for cable & afr sensor

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
l2r99gst: We just confirmed - the LC-1 doesn't have a serial connector. you need an LM1 which has a serial cable and then you can use EvoScan or LW3 to log the data and the ecu data together. And you will still need a laptop to record crucial items like Timing and Load
Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:05 AM
Former Sponsor

When using an LC-1, is after the downpipe and flexi ok for a narrowband replacement, is it responsive enough for the o2 feedback trim values in the ecu?

Since the LC-1 is an analog output and cant be used directly by a pc... my evo8 ralliart ecu has a O2 sensor #2 input that my evo4 doesn't use, can I connect it to that? and read the voltage out via the ECU->EvoScan interface. or will that screw with the ecu's use of the o2 sensor #2, what is it for anyway? I wonder what decisions the evo7/8 ecus do with o2sensor#2 readings.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

there is no reason to have an LC-1 if you have to have the LM-1
("the LC-1 doesn't have a serial connector. you need an LM1 which has a serial cable and then you can use EvoScan or LW3 to log the data and the ecu data together")
you see what I mean? the lc-1 does nothing the lm-1 can't do.
the lc-1 does have serial ports according to innovates web site, for connecting direct to laptop

"Since the LC-1 is an analog output and cant be used directly by a pc"
there are two digital outputs on the LC-1

granted i am a bit fuzzy on this so if i overlooked a segment of the problem forgive me.

Last edited by nothere; Dec 9, 2006 at 05:40 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4mad
l2r99gst: We just confirmed - the LC-1 doesn't have a serial connector. you need an LM1 which has a serial cable and then you can use EvoScan or LW3 to log the data and the ecu data together. And you will still need a laptop to record crucial items like Timing and Load
Listen, I have and have been using an LC-1 for quite a while. It DOES have a serial port connection. All of Innovate devices use serial ports for their data transfer....they call it their MTS chain.

The LC-1 has a serial IN and a serial OUT. They give you all of the cables necessary to log the LC-1 via your PC. Innovate uses 2.5 mm male and female serial connections for their devices and then they include a 2.5mm to DB-9 serial cable for the final connection from their devices to your PC.

Eric
Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nj1266
I just wonder what info the tactrix cable and those plug ins will allow us to log. I guess we will know soon.
With logworks 3.0 and their new plug-in SDK, it won't matter, we could write our own.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep, I downloaded the SDK anyway, but the plugin architecture for Logworks isn't published yet. What I'm told is its an activeX control or some exposed interface that your app just has to write data to..
Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
Listen, I have and have been using an LC-1 for quite a while. It DOES have a serial port connection. All of Innovate devices use serial ports for their data transfer....they call it their MTS chain.

The LC-1 has a serial IN and a serial OUT. They give you all of the cables necessary to log the LC-1 via your PC. Innovate uses 2.5 mm male and female serial connections for their devices and then they include a 2.5mm to DB-9 serial cable for the final connection from their devices to your PC.

Eric
Eric is correct, absolutely...
Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by evo4mad
How can the LC-1 plug into the Logworks?
I presume its just a replacement for the stock o2 sensor, is the stock ecu ok with that? I'm a little confused.. the Innovate website says I could log the lc-1 with a laptop, but I dont see any laptop connectors that comes with it. I think you need an expensive aftermarket computer like ecu+ to use it.

I wonder If can I cut the o2 sensor 2 off and use that, and then log wideband and narrowband voltage at the same time using EvoScan.

what is the LC-1 voltage to AFR conversion calculation? or does logworks do that for you? I want to log the factory Timing, Load, and Knock Sum using EvoScan, so I would rather log everything through that.

I think the LogWorks will log via the openport cable via the slow ISO protocol? if so, it wont work on my Evo4 or FTO ecus.
the LC1 is a wideband setup, Not sure if it offers a narrowband output also, but if it did, you can use it in place of the stock O2 sensor, but you'd have to simulate the heater load to the ECU using a resistor.

The LC1 has that MTS serial chain.. there is an adapter that lets you hook it up to the computer.

The ECU's narrowband inputs are 1v range, so MUT won't log over 1v.. so the secondary O2 sensor idea is a good idea, only probably won't work on a stock rom.

According to the press release, logworks ECUFLASH plugin does MUT logging similarly to our apps, but makes the data available for use in logworks and logging. Both would be hooked up to the PC simultaneously just as we do now for other setups using the tactrix cable. There was a mention of importing the roms for other uses, perhaps map tracing or calculating load from the values in the rom, instead of manually entering them? (this was one of the things I had been working on recently with my app, turned out to not be as difficult as I had thought since all the maps occur in the same order only slightly different locations)
Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Did anyone purchase this package? Just wonding if you all feel its a good deal or not.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 02:30 PM
EvoM Guru

I purchased it.. Going to use it for tuning other cars.. I got a ship notification yesterday so I should see it some time next week. It wasn't a bad price for a package deal. And I like I said earlier, it makes sense for me to try it and review it given my involvement in the ECU Tuning tools..
Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I downloaded the new version of LW, the 2.04 version. I followed the instructions outlined

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...1_EcuFlash.pdf

But when I get to step 8:

Run the Tactrix Cable plug in for LogWorks from Programs \ LogWorks2 \ Extra Devices \OpenPort 1.3

I try to run openPort 1.3 from extra devices. However, when I click on it I get a message "No open port 1.3 cable is currently available."

I followed all the steps that are mentioned in the instructions up to this point. I can't seem to get beyond this point.

Last edited by nj1266; Dec 15, 2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Innovate really kicks some *** This is seriously going to own the other loggers out there.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:17 AM
EvoM Guru

I hope so.. And about the other post, make sure the openport drivers get installed.. It sounds like its not installed.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

i just installed the new version of logworks this morning, going to go out in a little bit and see how it all works together.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:49 AM
Former Sponsor

I get the same message, and I have every driver installed. I wonder if its looking for a specific usb PID. The one from OpenPort 1.3U ?

Has anybody got LogWorks v2.04 working with the openport cable yet?

Quick Reply: another source for cable & afr sensor