Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Giant
I have one, but if i had this stuff would rather use it instead.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OpenPort 1.3D corrupt datastream

Originally Posted by JezausTevas
Battery voltage, and all other readings are displayed correctly with engine off, key on. After starting the engine data is also read correctly for a minute or so.
I've read somewhere in forum that this may also be caused by the spark plugs, although I am somewhat sceptical about that.
After repairing the alternator issue is now fixed. It seems that OpenPort requires at least 12.2 Volts to work, go lower than that and datastream gets corrupted.
Anyways, my 6A13 swap is done now.
Thank you to everyone who provided helpful insight and happy Easter
Old Jun 10, 2021, 06:48 AM

Help me fix my map

Hello guys, So I just removed the unichip from my 2004 Evo 8 MR FQ 340 and the car did not run great with the map on the stock ecu.. So I got my hands on the Evo 8 ralliart rom (97250001). I flashed it to the car and did some logging, had to retard the timing a bit and I had to redo the fuel map a bit (cus of nock and the car didn't feel so good). It runs pretty good at this poin but I have no experiance with the evo ecu so I am a bit confused with the rest of the parameters and waht not in the ecu.. But first of could any of you take a look at my map and see if it is safe to run the car like this? It doesn't nock and well it is a bit rich maybe, But I feel like I have to do something about the boost table also?
Thanks!

Mods are :
Full exhaust
HKS hard pipe kit
AEM dry flow
Evo 9 Turbo

Also I am running RON98, equivalent to AKI 93 if I’m not miss taken.
Attached Files
File Type: rar
Duke4.rar (196.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Duke4; Jun 10, 2021 at 08:46 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 08:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Duke 4 - We simply can't tell if this ROM is safe without seeing your data logs with at least RPM, actual AFR (using a wide-band O2), ignition advance (degrees), boost pressure (psi or KPa) and knock sum. It will be wise to invest some time and money in the equipment and software you need will to log data before you go on with your tuning.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
Duke 4 - We simply can't tell if this ROM is safe without seeing your data logs with at least RPM, actual AFR (using a wide-band O2), ignition advance (degrees), boost pressure (psi or KPa) and knock sum. It will be wise to invest some time and money in the equipment and software you need will to log data before you go on with your tuning.
Hey thanks, I already have the tactrix, evo scan and so on. Need to install my wb02, going to do so this weekend! Knock sum is 2 at the most (occasionally) and pretty random..
I don’t have any logs for you as of now, I was just asking for an opinion on if this rom would be reasonable or if I really shouldn’t drive the car at all
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:55 AM

Can anyone help me with this? I received a new updated tune from my tuner. When I load it in ECUFlash I get an Unknown ROM Image POP up that either lets me abort or use a wizard.

I am not sure what to do? I added all the XML files I could find, including tephra V7.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oxk...ew?usp=sharing

Can I still flash my car if ECUFlash reads it as an unknown ROM image?