Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2007 | 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Thats a vista specific error, you need to open the command prompt with administrator rights and manually register it. It took me almost a day to figure out why that was happening.
Thanks for the quick reply, I still don't quite understand what to do after opening command prompt, I know I can open it through "run" then typing CMD...

But what after that?

Thanks again !
Old Nov 10, 2007 | 07:49 PM
EvoM Guru

unfortunately I can't really explain too much more other than I think under administrative tools, you can right click on the command prompt Icon and let it 'run as administrator' then you have to run the same file you were trying to from that command prompt. unfortunately I don't have the time to do a step by step doc, if you can ask someone locally who is familiar with computers, they can help you out. But you need to navigate (CD) into the right directory and then run that BAT file from the prompt. I know, technobabble, but Its hard for me to simplify this one to an easy step by step.
Old Nov 10, 2007 | 07:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Quick hint... if you can navigate into the proper directory..

cd c:\temp\mitsulogger (or whatever you made the directory for mitsulogger)
runas /user:administrator "regsvr32.exe mtssdk.ocx"

should properly register it.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Nov 10, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2007 | 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

so when logging there is a ton of knock options, I only pay attention to knock sum and knock. but what is knock adc,knock base, knock var, knock change, knock dynamics, knock flag? are those the knock filters, backing out timing when a giving knock/load is hit?
Old Nov 11, 2007 | 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, I couldn't figure it out...thanks for the effort malibujack...here's the new error i get when i run it as administrator...

the module mtssdk.ocx failed to load, make sure it's in the right path or to debug it to check for prbms with the binary or dependet DLL files... In the DOS window: it is trying to load it by saying: c:\windows\system32>regsvr32 mtssdk.ocx and it seems it cant find the mtssdk file there??

Last edited by Inprogress; Nov 11, 2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

well, i tried to set up 2byte load on my 9 as described in "2byte for dummies tread" and when running in this mode,evoscan doesnt display speed and coolant temp,levels stay at zero.
is there a different set up or im doing something wrong?
ta
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 05:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

MJ, I would like to make a request if possible. Could we display some sort of peak value hit? So if you are logging you could quickly look down to see what the highest value it hit, i.e. maximum boost or A/F. I am not sure if this is a current option but I have not seen it. My roomate uses a program for his WRX that does this and it comes it quite handy when taking some logs.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 06:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by skold
so when logging there is a ton of knock options, I only pay attention to knock sum and knock. but what is knock adc,knock base, knock var, knock change, knock dynamics, knock flag? are those the knock filters, backing out timing when a giving knock/load is hit?
The knock / knock sum is the only relevent value for tuners.. the rest of them are for tuning the knock filters and some of the values aren't fully understood.
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 06:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Inprogress
Sorry, I couldn't figure it out...thanks for the effort malibujack...here's the new error i get when i run it as administrator...

the module mtssdk.ocx failed to load, make sure it's in the right path or to debug it to check for prbms with the binary or dependet DLL files... In the DOS window: it is trying to load it by saying: c:\windows\system32>regsvr32 mtssdk.ocx and it seems it cant find the mtssdk file there??
the MTSSDK.OCX file will be in the directory you extracted Mitsulogger, for example if you extracted it to c:\temp\mitsulogger then it would be located in c:\temp\mitsulogger\mtssdk.ocx I knew vista would complicate things without having a specialized installer.
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 06:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by MR Turco
MJ, I would like to make a request if possible. Could we display some sort of peak value hit? So if you are logging you could quickly look down to see what the highest value it hit, i.e. maximum boost or A/F. I am not sure if this is a current option but I have not seen it. My roomate uses a program for his WRX that does this and it comes it quite handy when taking some logs.

Thanks!
The current version does not have that. The reason was that the logger was meant not to be a distraction, so you basically run it and do your thing until your done with your logging session.

Mitsulogger is currently being rewritten from scratch to support a much more flexible framework for adding on things. So this new application will have the ability to do those things, if not out of the box, it can be added as a module.
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 06:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Wow awesome news. Enginuity was the program my roommate uses, i couldnt think of the name. It isnt the greatest program, very buggy, but i did like that feature when i am logging and he is driving. I totally see where you are coming from though.
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
the MTSSDK.OCX file will be in the directory you extracted Mitsulogger, for example if you extracted it to c:\temp\mitsulogger then it would be located in c:\temp\mitsulogger\mtssdk.ocx I knew vista would complicate things without having a specialized installer.
Ok that makes sense, but how do I get the computer the look for the MTSSDK.OCX file in the right location so that it can extract it properly?
Old Nov 13, 2007 | 08:17 PM
EvoM Guru

you have to navigate into the directory where you extracted the files... you also have to open the command prompt as administrator.

Its actually not that difficult, its just most users arent familiar with the command prompt these days which makes it a little more difficult to explain without providing step by step instructions.
Old Nov 13, 2007 | 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

In terms of the directory, I just dragged the downloaded folder to my desktop (i'm using a download manager, after files are downloaded i just drag them from the DL Manager and drop them to my desktop) Mitsulogger didn't install anything, I just click the main application icon in the mitsulogger folder and it starts right up...

I can access command prompt as a administrator but it asks for a password and the only password I know of is the one i set to log-in to the computer, nothing else...is there a generic password I can try?

I also don't know what to do once I access command prompt as administrator...I'm sure this is prob more stressful for you now MalibuJack then for me, i really appreciate the help!

Last edited by Inprogress; Nov 15, 2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2007 | 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

how do i reflash the ECU? where do i do it? and how much

message me please

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions